Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,834 members, 7,841,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? (916 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / See What Fayose Did Today As His Convoy Met Traffic On Their Way To Akure.Photos / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by kernel504(m): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
I'VE NOTICED NEWS HARDILY GETS 3 PAGES ON THE AVERAGE ON NAIRALAND LATELY, EVEN WHEN THEY MAKE FRONT PAGE.
ORDINARILY... THOUGH DURING JANUARY AND FEBUARY TRAFFIC IS ALWAYS AT LOW,BUT THEN, THAT OF NAIRALAND CALLS FOR CONCERN.
I HAVE A FEELING THAT INCESSANT "BAN" ON REGISTERED MEMBERS IS HAVING A TURN ON NAIRALAND.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by melvinjames: 3:25pm On Feb 16, 2016
Mods don't like you talking about Nairaland traffic, they're very sensitive about it. Watch this thread die on the count of 1...2...3..4..5..
Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by IVORY2009(m): 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
I have observed it as well too, another major cause is that threads that are suppose to make front page dont come up @ the expected time, and by so doing most advertiser will be looking for out means of selling/marketing their products to the general public, also the prices @ AD space is dropping tooo.
Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by dunlie: 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
people are getting tired and bored with ethnic war, abuses and insults. it became so irritating and annoying causing a whole lot of people to back off.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by TITOBIGZ(m): 3:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
Wetin dis one dey talkundecided
Which low traffic

2 Likes

Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by hinwazaka: 3:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
kernel504:
I'VE NOTICED NEWS HARDILY GETS 3 PAGES ON THE AVERAGE ON NAIRALAND LATELY, EVEN WHEN THEY MAKE FRONT PAGE.
ORDINARILY... THOUGH DURING JANUARY AND FEBUARY TRAFFIC IS ALWAYS AT LOW,BUT THEN, THAT OF NAIRALAND CALLS FOR CONCERN.
I HAVE A FEELING THAT INCESSANT "BAN" ON REGISTERED MEMBERS IS HAVING A TURN ON NAIRALAND.
Nigerians are tired of being fed lies by media agencies. The government is losing face with the populace and the media will be the first casualty after PMB is ousted from office

1 Like

Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by EdCure: 3:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thats the truth. When you get banned (unjustly), the zeal of posting dies down. And before long, you lose interest alltogether.

Nairaland mods just issue bans as if you have something to lose if you're not able to post for some days.
Even Facebook sends users emails if they are not active for some days. But Nairaland reward your loyalty with incessant bans for childish reasons.

Who are the people that make a topic to grow into upto 6pages? The intelligent posters of course. Most of them have...

5 Likes

Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by onatisi(m): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
Gone are those days when the average pages for any front page thread is 20pages . The decline has been on for sometime and many ppl raised the issue last year.

1 Like

Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by ODVanguard: 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
Jokers. Nairaland is still Baba Nla on Alexa so all of una jus dey rant. cool

1 Like

Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
dunlie:
people are getting tired and bored with ethnic war, abuses and insults. it became so irritating and annoying causing a whole lot of people to back off.
You've said it all.
Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by GEJ2019(m): 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
If not my obsession wit Bland,I did have even quited had been banned severally for airing my view in a very healthy manner.
Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
I don't think the issue is mods or bans, there is always law of diminishing returns in everything. Also the e-wars have taken thier tolls.
Most APC guys lost interest since the Supreme Court Verdict and PDP fellows don't have anybody to argue with as agreeing with thier selves aint fun.
Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by Siberia101: 3:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
kernel504:

Lies Bro Nairaland is still waxing stronger your post is just to calm the nerves of a certain group in Nigeria. They created their website but couldn't last up to a week...

They are all the ones posting up above me..

NB: I Never mentioned names or which group

2 Likes

Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 16, 2016
You are right,that new moderator is chasing many people away,i dont even create thread again

1 Like

Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by EdCure: 4:03pm On Feb 16, 2016
onatisi:
Gone are those days when the average pages for any front page thread is 20pages...
It is the intelligent comments, arguements and debates by cerebral posters that drags a topic to such number of pages. This group of posters have maintained a low profile due to one embarrasing (and very ungrateful) ban or the other.
What you have today are shallow comments like "ok", "thats good" etc. How far can a post go with such empty comments?

1 Like

Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by onatisi(m): 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
EdCure:

It is the intelligent comments, arguements and debates by cerebral posters that drags a topic to such number of pages. This group of posters have maintained a low profile due to one embarrasing (and very ungrateful) ban or the other.
What you have today are shallow comments like "ok", "thats good" etc. How far can a post go with such empty comments?
You are correct. You hardly see intelligent arguments in the politics sections and the ones you even see will usually end with insults and abuses . Majority of ppl who were posters then now just read as guests and move to other forums
Re: Why The Low Traffic On Nairaland? by Sydney22: 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
anjigirl:
The new moderator is just clueless,imagine someone insulted you and you insulted him back
you will get banned and nothing would be done about the person who insulted you
and this website is one useless website that give nothing back to those who are here since 2006
he is a comfirm bigot

Imagine a scenario where I was called a "Wailer" and I called the person a "zombie" and this mod will just ban while the person that first called me a "wailer " goes scot free

Or
Someone called me a flattie , IPOD etc and I called the person onye ofe , conehead ... He will quickly ban me while the other person is hailed ....

I think Seunn should do something

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Femi Fani Kayode : Wither Nigeria And The Words Of Ayo Fayose / Yoruba,igbo Blame Hausa/fulani For Their Own Failure! / PDP Will Dislodge Burhari From Aso Rock – Ebenezer Babatope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.