Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Solving The Naira Crisis - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Solving The Naira Crisis (667 Views)

What Happened To The Naira Swap / Good News. The Naira Is Now 245 To $1. See Inside! / CBN Floats The Naira, The Implications For You And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Solving The Naira Crisis by aloeman15(m): 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nigeria is in a state of economic emergency.
This thread is for solutions only. Feel free to shoot holes via constructive criticism. Avoid insults please.
Tnx.

These are my thoughts on solving our cash crunch-

Lift the ban on ALL imports- Charge a 50cent-on-the-dollar levy on non-essentials, and they still pay normal duties and taxes.
-This means govt only offers policy paper and earns immediately in dollars.

Working with MAN, commence govt-backed importation of agro-allied farming and other (mining) machinery, including whole factories, silos, etc.
Waive all import duties, grant 1 year's free land lease. Site production hubs in farming towns with direct power from the national grid.
SON monitors all storage and production standards
-Another simple policy statement without any immediate costs to govt.

Carry out all imports through dollar certificates. Enter into trade agreements- goods for half-price crude.
- These reduce pressure on the currency.

Create hotlines and social interactive media portals for each border points to report untoward customs and other interference.
-These and other measures will reduce graft and smoothen operations.

State govts to stimulate smes by giving guidelines for charters and by forcing their contractors into only doing business with banks that show loan books for various sme charters.
Again, MAN, SMEDAN, etc will do most of the leg work, reducing govt costs to policy papers.

These are a few ideas that can transform us into a manufacturing hub in west africa.
The problem is the elite who want to maintain the status quo.
The irony is that implementing these types of policies will make them richer, but most of them are blinded by their greed...

Ideas welcome!
Critiques welcome!
Re: Solving The Naira Crisis by aloeman15(m): 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Updates-
Buhari, please DEREGULATE, I beg you o!

Started hearing of scarcity today due to diving naira value leading to hoarding.

Since you can't get refineries to work and since dpr and all govt agencies proved useless in the scarcity of last month, let marketers sell at the price they want o, I take God beg you!

Why on earth did nnpc, abi kachiku stop swapping fuel for crude? Who can explain this to me, especially when we can't find customers for our crude?!

(1) (Reply)

Naira Bounce Back To N345/$ As Bdcs Kick Against Devaluation / Please What FMCG Business I Can Do With 500k In Lagos / 10 Benefits Of Sms Marketing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.