Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Treating And Understanding Your Acne/pimples - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Treating And Understanding Your Acne/pimples (1714 Views)

7 Wrong Things Nigerians Say About Acnes And Pimples / The Ways Of Treating And Curing Prostatitis / Treating And Shrinking Fibroids With Green Tea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treating And Understanding Your Acne/pimples by Dirkcoyt: 10:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Well,well,well, what do we have here? we will be discussing acne(pimples), I know you've lay your hands on several skin products ranging from nixoderm,to skineal, to oxy10 and as far as toothpaste! You heard me right? I once applied toothpaste.

Actually, let me tell you how I defeated mine though. They say to have an answer you need to identify the problem. In this case, acne/pimples is not the problem, the problem is you and me. Treating acne is not from the physical but from within, I mean what we eat,drink;consume or use. What all these skin product does is that the supress the reaction from the outside alone for sometime and it reappears right? No need wasting money, we will keep on returning to dermatology companies.

I consume somethings while growing up without knowing I was killing myself, like drinking garri with GROUNDNUT everyday thinking I was taking balanced diet. Well, what the groundnut did was just accumulate till it was ripe enough for harvesting on my face. I got frustated used every prescriptions but to no avail.

Just so you know I battled with it for 5yrs! 5 solid years of low self esteem! To snap pictures is not encouraging because you end up looking like what is used to grate okro. I will fast and pray thinking it was some form of spiritual attack, you know when you're feed up and you think so irrational and lame just to figure out what can it be.

I started my long smooth face to freedom by watching closely what I eat every day and how they react on my face for a week, if I noticed I'm having pimples then I know have eaten something that react negatively with my body. So I wrote down the list of foods I eat mostly. Well, I'm from the struggling or average family so these are my meal;

Rice, beans, yam, bread, egg, fish, meat, eba, amala, fufu, semolina, wheat, tea, indomie,spagethi.

Oooh! I also eat outside, well those above are what I eat on a regular, so what can be the problem? I probed further, I guess there are some hidden additives in the preparation of my meal that trigger acne/pimples in my body. Then I got the answer! The type of OIL I consume!!!!

Just so you know, someone with acne can't eat some kind of oil, forget that some doctors says olive oil is the best or vegetable oil or whatnot. The fact is what suit your condition is the best oil.

List of oil to avoid;
Vegetable oil
Sunflower oil
Olive oil
Coconut oil

Above are the oils I've personally used that reacted negatively on my face. But below I didn't used so I don't know if they also react negatively;

Almond oil
Avocado oil
Canola oil
Corn oil
Cottonseed oil
Grapeseed oil
Hazelnut oil
Macadamia nut oil
Lard
Peanut oil
Rice bran oil
Sesame oil
Safflower oil
Walnut oil

But I know "SOYAOIL" was perfect for acne/pimples without a negative reaction

Till I read up on "SOYAOIL" then I tried it, and I noticed this was the only oil I used that don't trigger a break of pimples on my face, note; I tried all the aforementioned oil and I can tell what happened to my face. Each time I tried eating outside at canteen, since I know soyaoil is expensive and they can use it, I guess they use the economic oil which breaks out acne on my face, since I knew this, I don't eat outside again, highest I can go is eat gala and water.

Groundnut,peanut,butter is a big creator of acne/pimples also, so watchout for content having groundnut without knowing they've it, like I was eating a particular cornflakes one time and I found out pimples was on my face,when I quit it it stopped so please checkout the ingredients of product you consume!

And just so you know, acne/pimples can be hereditary too cause mine was a case, but it will not surface real hard if you don't trigger it annoyance by eating some foods. So imagine when two acne/pimples get to birth a child, there are chances of the child having it, but you can help the kid avoid it by watching what he/she eats.

NB; palm oil, I didn't have problem eating this.

Thank you, this is my own personal experience, I must commend your patience in reading it just that I think I should help some people out, now I can say I'm acne/pimples free by sticking to the rules for 6months now.. At least its worth it right? Health is wealth!

1 Like

Re: Treating And Understanding Your Acne/pimples by Dirkcoyt: 5:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
Lalasticlala mynd44 obinoscopy lalasticlala
Re: Treating And Understanding Your Acne/pimples by Dirkcoyt: 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
Lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: Treating And Understanding Your Acne/pimples by DanielLee5: 6:26am On Feb 11, 2017
Thanks for sharing your experience! I always liked Coconut oil,just used it once a week after deep exfoliation. As for the pimples and acne, I do suffer from them since the age of 14.. Here is a rather helpful source to read about these problems https://healthyskinadviser.com/ , once I found it rather effective.

(1) (Reply)

Hormone Imbalance – 3 Simple Tips To Balance Your Hormone Naturally / Conditions That Can Affect A Woman's Menstruation / My Girlfriend Just Gave Me Gonorrhea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.