Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Why They May Be A Relationship Between Science And Magic- Africandictator - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why They May Be A Relationship Between Science And Magic- Africandictator (819 Views)

MUST READ: Differences Between Science Lab Tech(slt) And Med Lab Science (MLS) / Old Photos Of Finnish Witches And Magic Rituals / Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why They May Be A Relationship Between Science And Magic- Africandictator by africandictator(m): 8:05am On Feb 17, 2016
I had always been of the notion that there is a synergy between science and magic. my motion was further strengthened last thursday when a prof in my department who was lecturing us on Africa enviromental history made emphasis on the importance of African science also known as African magic to our progenitors in the distant past. African science or magic is peculiar to Africa just as white magic or science is peculiar to our european counterparts. He further asserted that for effective inventions to take place, there must be a fusion of the two science and magic.

In my opinion, the underlying "magic" system is used
by both, people who clearly use magic with spells,
magic power..etc, but it is also used by the technology
of the world and the scientific community which sees
the power as another scientific principle, so they
would definitely not call it magic. methods of magic and science, if not same, are truly similar. Both magic and science work on the logic of cause and effect. It is not totally wrong to say that Some of the modern inventions today like the internet, blogs, social medias, aircrafts, mobile phones and other distinct gadgets may have come about due to an admixture of the former and the latter. I have argued with my friends in the sciences countless times that the force behind the escape velocity theory which majority of the scientists claims makes planes and other aircrafts and heavy objects fly is not really scientifically explanable.
Please before you quote me wrong, i am not saying that all the totality of the scientific inventions came about as a result of the fusion of science and magic, but i am of the stance that most of the amazing and distinctive scientific and technological discoveries came as a result of the fusion of the two. I have heard about universities and schools of witchcraft, wizardry and sorcery abroad and how they have overtime influenced the scientific and technological inovations and status of the whites. If you are a nigerian scientist, witch, wizard, sorcerer or engineer reading this, i advice you all to look at African science from another perpective. This science should not be viewed only as destructive or evil , but as something useful which could be pertinent to our technological and scientific researchs which may in the long run enhance the status of our economy. Our ancestors overtime have used this African science to do stuffs that science itself could not unravel I need not to mention.

Your comments and constructive critcisms are welcomed..
Re: Why They May Be A Relationship Between Science And Magic- Africandictator by Ramon92: 9:09am On Feb 17, 2016
In my opinion, magic is what science has not been able to explain YET, logically.
Everything around us is science, and this 'magic' is part of it. There's a connection between we humans and our immediate surroundings and the universe as a whole, and we have the ability to communicate with it, to alter and cause some effects both physically and 'spiritually'. It takes a lot of learning and practice to accomplish and there's always a price to pay.

This, our ancestors understood and for example, a man disappearing and reappearing. This to an ordinary person will look like magic cos he can't explain how it happened, meanwhile it's just a consequence of someone who knows how to manipulate his way in the universe. I think it also extends to modern technology and inventions, it's about manipulating the elements and entities surrounding us to achieve the desired effect. Those schools of wizardry and sorcery is just a place where these things are taught and learned, and the effect is magic to an ordinary person.

Science isn't perfect and doesn't claim it is. It's constantly advancing and improving on itself.

1 Like

Re: Why They May Be A Relationship Between Science And Magic- Africandictator by Cadwallader12: 11:22am On Apr 26
In the nexus between science and magic lies an intriguing realm where the boundaries of possibility blur. Science delves into the mechanisms of the natural world, unraveling its mysteries with logic and empirical evidence. From mesmerizing illusions rooted in scientific principles to mind-bending experiments that defy expectations, spice up your corporate christmas party with these great entertainment ideas and ignite the spark of imagination. Conversely, magic tantalizes with the promise of the inexplicable, captivating hearts and minds with its enchanting allure. Yet, as the two converge, a wondrous synergy emerges, inspiring innovation and wonder. Imagine a corporate Christmas party where science and magic intertwine, igniting curiosity and delight.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb: Is 205 Good Enough For Law At Unilag? / Project Topics And Materials In INTRODUCTORY TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION / How To Improve Your Reading Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.