Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Penastory Love Contest Entry #8 – ADENIRAN ADETOLA - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Penastory Love Contest Entry #8 – ADENIRAN ADETOLA (388 Views)

Announcement Of Penastory Love Contest 2016 Winners / Penastory Love Contest Entry #12 – ENIOLA LONGE / Penastory Love Contest Entry #2 – ADESINA OLORUNTORERA TAMILORE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Penastory Love Contest Entry #8 – ADENIRAN ADETOLA by PenAStory: 8:06am On Feb 17, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/02/17/penastory-love-contest-entry-8-adeniran-adetola/

Sitting on a high stool at a bar where I am a regular, I sat down reminiscing about the events of the afternoon. Today hadn’t gone as planned at all, instead my fraud was exposed. Well, that serves me right. I shouldn’t have lied. Let me share with you what made me sit down at a bar lonely on a St. Valentine’s eve.

I met Lydia three months ago by a roadside beside a Honda civic that broken down. There was smoke everywhere and my quick diagnosis figured the car isn’t going anywhere any time soon. She flagged me down and my rickety Peugeot coasted to a stop. She started explaining so fast that I had trouble catching up. She explained that her car overheated (obviously), her phone is dead so she can’t call her auto mechanic and she is running late for a big appointment at her workplace and my car is the first to pass in like forever. All stories that touches the heart.
I offered to give her a lift and to use my phone to call the mechanic. She literally jumped with joy and gratitude. While she turned around to get her things and lock her car, I quickly rearranged my car to look more presentable granted it wasn’t meant to be a luxury ride for distressed damsels.

I realized we haven’t been properly introduced so I pointed the fact out. She introduced herself to be Lydia, she works in one of the mainstream banks along my route so I promised to drop her off. “And who might my knight in the shining Peugeot be?” she inquired. “Oh, I am Richard and I own a construction firm. We handle building contracts” and that was where I lied. I am just an experienced carpenter who work with different construction firms. Soon, she had to disembark but we exchanged digits and kept in touch.

Two months later, one thing led to another and we are dating. Today, before rushing off to finish an uncompleted job, I called her to confirm our date which she was enthused about. I was on a bungalow with my colleagues, hammering away when we heard the voice of the supervisor explaining how well the job is going to a client, they rounded a corner and the client turns out to be Lydia. The hammer dropped from my hand and landed with a thud which drew everyone’s attention. The supervisor gave me a severe tongue lashing but I could care less. I hastily jumped down and got on the next available taxi as I didn’t go with my car.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. Turning around, it was Lydia. I felt like a kid with his hand stuck in a cookie jar. Then she said “you have a lot of explanation and apology but tonight, take me out and treat me like a lady Mr. loverboy”.
I grabbed my denim jacket and hustled after her. Maybe there is hope after all.

Help this contestant win by liking this post on our BBM Channel via C00396EEB, if you are reading from mobile click: http://pin.bbm.com/C00396EEB and also like on our Instagram Page @pen_a_story

Source: PenAStory www.penastory.com

(1) (Reply)

ONLY FOR LOVE "Episode 12" As Written By @saint_haywhy / Explain Like Im ............... / Who Has Daygame Blueprint Ebook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.