Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! (2401 Views)

We’ll Push Dollar To N305—CBN Boasts / CBN Suspends Dollar To Naira Trades Till Monday / Ifeanyi Ubah: 'I Can Bring The US-Dollar To N200 In One Month' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 9:24am On Feb 17, 2016
[b]....there are very many commentary on depreciation of ₦ nowadays expecially in parallel market, although parallel or black market can be manipulated by the traders, they either do it on their self interest, so those who doesn't beleive in the prosperity of nigeria can harbour $ as they can on imported goods hereby cause hike!
But in my own point of view the depreciation of ₦ is a great success to this nation if well manage to nigeria situation today. the looted fund is in $ and it must be refunded back in $, so if $1 is ₦198 when the money is looted, then if the money is refund today at $1 to ₦350 the nation has gained ₦152!
imagine if $1=₦1000, the gain is ₦902!
So in conclusion if the government managed to refund the $trillion looted and the refunded money, change it in parallel market, this will reduce the pressure on ₦ and the scarcity of $ in parallel market so the ₦=$.

(take note all the money took out of CBN during jonathan regime were changed in parallel market before ditributed)

you have other opinion?[/b]

2 Likes

Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by chiefolododo(m): 9:45am On Feb 17, 2016
E be like say you are sick

4 Likes

Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by jaybee3(m): 9:46am On Feb 17, 2016
olodo rabata grin grin grin grin grin grin (***I'm just joking ooooo***)

You haven't factored purchasing power into your analysis.

3 Likes

Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 9:56am On Feb 17, 2016
chiefolododo:
E be like say you are sick
this is your opinion? you are not my doctor to examining me!
your type is not welcome on this trend!
it was aimed at those who were SYCOLOGICALLY A1
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 10:00am On Feb 17, 2016
jaybee3:

...hun-un (omowe) can you please bring out your best analysis to make ₦=$?
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by jaybee3(m): 10:04am On Feb 17, 2016
oyinkinola:

this is your opinion? you are not my doctor to "___" examining me!
your type is not welcome on this trend!
it was aimed at those who were SYCOLOGICALLY A1

Lo ba tan
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 10:12am On Feb 17, 2016
jaybee3:

PURCHASING POWER

...Purchasing power is no longer an issues nowadays, it's globalisation in which china control world commerce and business and you were not force to go to black market or parallel for exchange before having $
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 17, 2016
oyinkinola:

PURCHASING POWER

...Purchasing power is no longer an issues nowadays, it's globalisation in which china control world commerce and business and you were not force to go to black market or parallel for exchange before having $
You will go hungry if dollar hit 1000naira today

1 Like

Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 10:17am On Feb 17, 2016
jaybee3:

Lo ba tan

....instead of back-bitting.....can't you come out with your own opinion on how to make a ₦=$?
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by jaybee3(m): 10:18am On Feb 17, 2016
oyinkinola:

PURCHASING POWER

Okay let me school you a bit

If the Naira was to weaken to about N1k to the $ then expect the following ripple effect:

Cost of importing refined crude will sky rocket
Cost of importing machinery for our raw materials will increase
Cost of goods and services will have to increase to augment the exchange rate parity

BUT

Can wage increase considering our major export is close to having a junk status?
The common man on the street will suffer if wage doesn't increase in line with rising prices
Business will fold up and job losses will start springing up like it's going outta fashion

Can you now see it's not a good idea to have such narrow mindset as yours?
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 10:22am On Feb 17, 2016
anjigirl:
You will go hungry if dollar hit 1000naira today
...can you explain why I will go hunger if a $ hit ₦1000?
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by Ecoterrorism(f): 10:51am On Feb 17, 2016
oyinkinola:

PURCHASING POWER

I thought Seun has banned your Musiwa and Ademusiwa handle? grin plz tell us about your Independent Western Nigeria abeg grin
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 10:58am On Feb 17, 2016
jaybee3:

Okay let me school you a bit

If the Naira was to weaken to about N1k to the $ then expect the following ripple effect:

Cost of goods and services will have to increase to augment the exchange rate parity

BUT

Can wage increase considering our major export is close to having a junk status?
The common man on the street will suffer if wage doesn't increase in line with rising prices
Business will fold up and job losses will start springing up like it's going outta fashion

Can you now see it's not a good idea to have such narrow mindset as yours?

then the expoted crude will pay in ₦?
Cost of importing machinery is compulsory from america?
Cost of goods and services will have to increase to augment beause we are to hire amrican or foreigners?

I see why this country is in dilemma!
the business man change his ₦ to $ in official price, only to return back sell his product in parallel market price! why shoudn't the price rising?
it was not because of $ that Business will fold up and job losses but because of your self interest upon the nation!
all goods and services in nigeria today were independent of $!

If we have and enforce the price control rule and regulation all our problems are solved in this country!

1 Like

Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by bluntspade: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2016
Nigeria is doomed if that happen.. op did u go to school at all?
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by jaybee3(m): 11:13am On Feb 17, 2016
oyinkinola:

then the expoted crude will pay ₦?

The government pays the exchange rate differential for crude importers.
We frankly don’t sell enough crude due to dwindling market share to offset the cost of rising demand for refined crude.
Our refineries aren’t working to optimum in order to provide some sort of cushion to that effect

oyinkinola:

Cost of importing machinery is compulsoryfrom america?

I’d rather you admit you are clueless rather than coming up with suggestive conjectures. There is something called exchange rate cross in finance. A weakening of Naira against the dollar will also affect the pounds or any other currency to that effect. In simpler terms, a weakening of Naira against the dollar will transcends to weakening against Yen or Yuan

1 Like

Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 11:22am On Feb 17, 2016
bluntspade:
Nigeria is doomed if that happen.. op did u go to school at all?
....I never go to school! the problem of you people is the dead theories on your head, and with these theories you rule this country to failure, and you will never agree to any other opinion that contrary to those theories!
I said and I maintaned that the world is diversity, 90% of the products in nigeria today comes from china and you people want to proof to me that depreciation of ₦ to dollar$ would end the life of Nigerian!

1 Like

Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 11:34am On Feb 17, 2016
jaybee3:

The government pays the exchange rate differential for crude importers.
We frankly don’t sell enough crude due to dwindling market share to offset the cost of rising demand for refined crude.
Our refineries aren’t working to optimum in order to provide some sort of cushion to that effect

I’d rather you admit you are clueless rather than coming up with suggestive conjectures. There is something called exchange rate cross in finance. A weakening of Naira against the dollar will also affect the pounds or any other currency to that effect. In simpler terms, a weakening of Naira against the dollar will transcends to weakening against Yen or Yuan

...another dead theory
ok, if I change my ₦ at an official price today and imported product in china or japan , what it's effect of it economically nigeria today?

1 Like

Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
.....can somebody enlight me why all the money looted During jonathan regime were in $ not in ₦? and why it was changed in parallel or black market and not in official price before distributed?
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by Abidex35(m): 12:26pm On Feb 17, 2016
oyinkinola:

...another dead theory
ok, if I change my ₦ at an official price today and imported product in china or japan , what it's effect of it economically nigeria today?

who will provide the naira to $ to u for importation frm china/japan at official rate? .....from whch reserve....Nigeria's or America's?

Mr man, You need more knowledge of economics!

And moreover, not all looted funds are going to be recovered in $$$ , it seems you don't knw why our naira got here?.....dwindling reserves and falling oil price........is it from a dwindling reserve ( and almost dry reserve) that you will get $$$ for China importation?

1 Like

Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
oyinkinola:

then the expoted crude will pay in ₦?
Cost of importing machinery is compulsory from america?
Cost of goods and services will have to increase to augment beause we are to hire amrican or foreigners?

I see why this country is in dilemma!
the business man change his ₦ to $ in official price, only to return back sell his product in parallel market price! why shoudn't the price rising?
it was not because of $ that Business will fold up and job losses but because of your self interest upon the nation!
all goods and services in nigeria today were independent of $!

If we have and enforce the price control rule and regulation all our problems are solved in this country!
Can you please spread this all over nairaland?Inform the daft and let them be lil enlighten. Selfishness everywhere is hitting them and they are now crying.
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by peacengine(m): 12:51pm On Feb 17, 2016
oyinkinola:
[s][/s][b]....there are very many commentary on depreciation of ₦ nowadays expecially in parallel market, although parallel or black market can be manipulated by the traders, they either do it on their self interest, so those who doesn't beleive in the prosperity of nigeria can harbour $ as they can on imported goods hereby cause hike!
But in my own point of view the depreciation of ₦ is a great success to this nation if well manage to nigeria situation today. the looted fund is in $ and it must be refunded back in $, so if $1 is ₦198 when the money is looted, then if the money is refund today at $1 to ₦350 the nation has gained ₦152!
imagine if $1=₦1000, the gain is ₦902!
So in conclusion if the government managed to refund the $trillion looted and the refunded money, change it in parallel market, this will reduce the pressure on ₦ and the scarcity of $ in parallel market so the ₦=$.

(take note all the money took out of CBN during jonathan regime were changed in parallel market before ditributed)

you have other opinion[s][/s]?[/b]

angry angry angry
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by peacengine(m): 12:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
oyinkinola:
....[s][/s].can somebody enlight me why all the money looted During jonathan regime were in $ not in ₦? and why it was changed in parallel or black market and not in official price before distributed[s][/s]?

Ask Abacha
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by justi4jesu(f): 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Op check your brain cheesy
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by peacengine(m): 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
oyinkinola:

....[s][/s]I never go to school! the problem of you people is the dead theories on your head, and with these theories you rule this country to failure, and you will never agree to any other opinion that contrary to those theories!
I said and I maintaned that the world is diversity, 90% of the products in nigeria today comes from china and you people want to proof to me that depreciation of ₦ to dollar$ would end the life of Nigerian![s][/s]

Hope it doesn't end yours too undecided
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2016
Abidex35:

who will provide the naira to $ to u for importation frm china/japan at official rate? .....from whch reserve....Nigeria's or America's?

Mr man, You need more knowledge of economics!

And moreover, not all looted funds are going to be recovered in $$$ , it seems you don't knw why our naira got here?.....dwindling reserves and falling oil price........is it from a dwindling reserve ( and almost dry reserve) that you will get $$$ for China importation?

...Banks, precisely CBN!
...I won't go to school, and I didn't need the dead economics theory that hold african country poorest since independent till date!
...why shouldn't the looted fund, looted in $, shouldn't be recorvered in $?
...before the oil price is down today, it had been higher before, then we must recovered the looted $ changed it in parallel market and invest it in budget for the wellbeing of the poor masses ......that's my own theory
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2016
peacengine:

Ask Abacha
....peacengine, I can't torch abacha now and I don't know if you have such a power! and that is why I'm proof my theory on how a ₦ will be = to $!
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by FullDepth1: 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2016
This guy na Pure Olodo..

LOOL !!!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
justi4jesu:
Op check your brain cheesy
justi4jesu? I doubt your name! but but what's your theory on how a ₦=$
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by castrol180(m): 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
oyinkinola:

...Banks, precisely CBN!
...I won't go to school, and I didn't need the dead economics theory that hold african country poorest since independent till date!
...why shouldn't the looted fund, looted in $, shouldn't be recorvered in $?
...before the oil price is down today, it had been higher before, then we must recovered the looted $ changed it in parallel market and invest it in budget for the wellbeing of the poor masses ......that's my own theory

Your half education and schooling has fooled you and keep you in a state of mental fidgeting
Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by oyinkinola: 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2016
peacengine:

Hope it doesn't end yours too undecided
...are you doubt that every thing that have the begining, have end, including you!
tell us your own theory on how a ₦ = $?

1 Like

Re: I Want A Dollar To Hit ₦1000 ! by Emmyk(m): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Justpassingby.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Know Your Rights As A Nigerian Citizen. / Handbag Wholesellers In Lagos Island Market / Diabetic Patient Testimony Using Norland Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.