Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,332 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss (15596 Views)

Youwin Connect 2017 Tutorial video Download Links and assessment answers / Youwin Online Training Begins 5th Of December / Edo Jobs: Edo State Government To Recruit Unemployed Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by otokx(m): 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2016
Teddeebear:

because the one in your area is scam, the one in my area is not.

a bakery on youwin grants in my area has 30 staff on its payroll.

an oil palm miller in my village, has 15 staff

A friend got funds to start making shoes, quality ones,

Since they are in business, let them continue operations using the profit instead of asking for more funds.

I know a Youwin beneficiary who is just having a good time squandering the funds, he set up a business alright but that is where the story ended.
Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by OLUJOSHINS(m): 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
we are all crying to Buhari nowadays

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by love21a: 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
angry
[size=38pt]
It is a fraud that they fix the winners.. [/size]

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by Tochaigh: 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
winningwinner:

This is not all about voting out GEJ, but for the good of us all. Everyone needs a job and government cannot employ all Nigerian youths. The empowerment is good. This is one of the reasons why the Ooni of Ife visited Buhari on Tuesday. If the youths are not empowered, Nigeria will have so much problems in her hands. It is necessary the government heed to their cry and do the needful.

Nonsense, I was on the thread where some youwin awardees were abusing GEJ and vowed to vote and promote buhari.

Enjoy your change!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by Teddeebear: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
otokx:

Since they are in business, let them continue operations using the profit instead of asking for more funds.

I know a Youwin beneficiary who is just having a good time squandering the funds, he set up a business alright but that is where the story ended.
they are in business is not enough, the funding had stages, if you don't get complete funds, you may never actualize the entire vision, also note that the ones am referring to are first and second batches, this third batch need the funds.

And why do we Nigerians think this way, when politicians are taking even more than that amount as allowance and some could boast of using 80million to host party.

which is more productive …

1 Like 1 Share

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by mamajohn(f): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2016
These people just dey make me laff, youwin ko, youlose ni, mtchew

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by nnaochie1: 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
otokx:

"Squandering". Did he squander on you. I guess you are a novice in business. If he failed he must have learnt some lessons, which no school can teach. He could later brace up and do better. You sound jealous though

I know a Youwin beneficiary who is just having a good time squandering the funds, he set up a business alright but that is where the Ifstory ended.
Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by love21a: 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
grin

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by nnaochie1: 7:15pm On Feb 17, 2016
love21a:
>sad
[size=38pt]
It is a fraud that they fix the winners.. [/size]
You should be mature beyond such reasoning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by love21a: 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2016
angry

2 Likes

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by nnaochie1: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
otokx:

Squandering". Did he squander on you?. I guess you are a novice in business. If he failed he must have learnt some lessons, which no school can teach. He could later brace up and do better. You sound jealous though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by ITL: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
MSMEs are critical for economic development

http://yourstory.com/2016/02/msmes-raghuram-rajan/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by jeffmyson(m): 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
The government need to listen and complete the funding of the program. Most awardees businesses are suffering due to lackvof funds. They won the grant based on a business plan and have funding channelled to various stages. The fund were to be paid out in 3 tranches to awardees to implement the business plans submitted. Why should the government frustrate the youths by not paying all the agreed tranches . most of the youth resigned previous jobs to take up entrepreneurship with a vision to employ other youths.

Its high time the youths take things about them seriously, the government made promises to 1,500 youths and they want to throw it away just like that! Its not fair. The youth must demand action from the people in power! If they treat Youwin awardees bad, they will also treat other youths worse in the future.

Youwin is the only program that has favoured the youths and the world bank even confirmed that the program was wonderful and it actually worked. And about 6 countries are now copying the model. We must not jettison a working idea on the alter of politics. We need to expand the Youwin program to favour at least 6,000 youth yearly.

Buhari need to act to save these 1,500 businesses and the economy.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by Ceejaydav: 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2016
siraj1402:
YOUWIN is a scam,no one is supervising them.I know of someone in Akure who won 10m only to open a cyber cafe and employ just a lady.He then went ahead to buy very expensive car.How many people have they employed? Just like SURE-P.

It will be an injustice for many of the winners that have employed alot of people and have gone ahead to create viable businesses from this inniciative. Just Youwin3 alone have created more than 4500 jobs. Pls get your facts right.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by jeffmyson(m): 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2016
mamajohn:
These people just dey make me laff, youwin ko, youlose ni, mtchew

Please be mature! These issue concern every Nigerian youths and we have to be serious about it

The program has transformed lives and the world bank confirmed that it is one of the best youth entrepreneurship model that has ever worked.

Government need to address the phligt of the awardees urgently.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by jeffmyson(m): 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
love21a:
grin

The world bank can now shut you up. The program worked and the world bank validated it. So please keep your political views to your self.

http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/2015/09/24992002/creating-jobs-through-business-plan-competition-evidence-nigeria%E2%80%99s-youwin-competition

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by Soundmind(m): 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2016
Buharists Said YOUWIN is a scam. Now Buhari has BIG, a photocopy of youwin. Thye are even calling those that applied but could not win youwin grant to represent their proposal to them. Their website is www.bigportal.org.ng. So, who is fooling who? This government is really confused.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by jeffmyson(m): 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2016
For those saying trash on Youwin.the world bank validated the program and it shows that the program worked and the businesses are still there across the country.

I can challenge anyone that for every state in Nigeria, I can provide at least 20 Youwin funded businesses and there addresses for anyone to go and check it out. And I can guarantee that every awardee has a minimum of 3 staffs.

http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/2015/09/24992002/creating-jobs-through-business-plan-competition-evidence-nigeria%E2%80%99s-youwin-competition

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by eugene77: 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2016
This is a scheduled payment that was supposed to be made within the first 6months after the awardees were announce winners in the face of the whole world, yet its almost 3yrs now and the payment has not been completed. Pls, all stakeholders should as a matter of urgency release the fund for these young entrepreneurs do that their businesses will not collapse....
The federal government should pay up the promised funds to these job makers in order to save lives of thousands of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by siraj1402(m): 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
Ceejaydav:

It will be an injustice for many of the winners that have employed alot of people and have gone ahead to create viable businesses from this inniciative. Just Youwin3 alone have created more than 4500 jobs. Pls get your facts right.
How has it created job?The business that has not started has created job? grin

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by chukwuka12: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Youwin has been a blessing to me, I have 5 staffs working under me...

I can't believe that I am an employer of labour...

With the flow of the remaining trenches I will definitely achieve more...

We need our trenches..
#SaveYouwin3##

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by sunyleeone: 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2016
YouWiN is one of those programs that we need to help reduce unemployment now in Nigeria. The federal government should please effect the release of the remaining YouWiN funds.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by eugene77: 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2016
Youwin is one of the most transparent programmes I have ever seen in Nigeria. My friend got the business grant and he has been able to promote his business to international levels with the help of the fund. He had 2 staff before the grant but now he has more than 30 staffm The federal govt should support the awardees to help curb unemployment in Nigeria.
#saveyouwin3#

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by babestella: 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sweetguy25:
He would rather use the money to ugrade Aso rock clinic, buy luxury BMWs and travel around the world on endless vacations. Thats how you know a useless president.

Hmmm, epic
Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by Don4eva(m): 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2016
President Buhari should not ignore them, if we want to make this country great, programmes like this should be taken seriously. If their businesses fail, many youths will be rendered jobless. I join them in this, we need jobs and sustainable MNSE in this country

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by xdream(m): 8:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
Omo you mean say them never round up YouWiN 3?
Mehn, my heart pours to the winners, they would be so much frustrated by now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by winningwinner(m): 8:51pm On Feb 17, 2016
siraj1402:
YOUWIN is a scam,no one is supervising them.I know of someone in Akure who won 10m only to open a cyber cafe and employ just a lady.He then went ahead to buy very expensive car.How many people have they employed? Just like SURE-P.

I too know people who really want to make their country proud. They invested their money wisely and employed people who equally are happy working for them. Remove that one you know in Akure out of 4, 900 Awardees and tell me if it is still a scam.
But you saw that person and shielded him if actually you are saying the truth. I am not a YouWiN awardee, but I celebrate these guys for what I saw many of them doing. So you do not need wish away a nice programme as this because your friend whom you deceived into squandering his money did not do well.
Anyway, as a good Nigerian it is your duty help in building a corrupt free nation and encourage youth empowerment. Educate yourself the more if you can...

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by eugene77: 8:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
The most painful aspect of this prolong delay is that most of the YouWiN! 3 awardees left their jobs, some even relocated in order to concentrate on YouWiN!project and create jobs which is the major problems facing the country, but only to be abandoned and left frustrated by the Nigerian government. This is not healthy for peoples' lives and businesses.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by winningwinner(m): 9:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
jeffmyson:
The government need to listen and complete the funding of the program. Most awardees businesses are suffering due to lackvof funds. They won the grant based on a business plan and have funding channelled to various stages. The fund were to be paid out in 3 tranches to awardees to implement the business plans submitted. Why should the government frustrate the youths by not paying all the agreed tranches . most of the youth resigned previous jobs to take up entrepreneurship with a vision to employ other youths.

Its high time the youths take things about them seriously, the government made promises to 1,500 youths and they want to throw it away just like that! Its not fair. The youth must demand action from the people in power! If they treat Youwin awardees bad, they will also treat other youths worse in the future.

Youwin is the only program that has favoured the youths and the world bank even confirmed that the program was wonderful and it actually worked. And about 6 countries are now copying the model. We must not jettison a working idea on the alter of politics. We need to expand the Youwin program to favour at least 6,000 youth yearly.

Buhari need to act to save these 1,500 businesses and the economy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by Terry1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
My wife and I left our jobs in Asaba, Delta state and relocated to Benue to start our Youwin Business. We got a location, renovated, and did all negotiations for equipment to start production, started the processes in Nafdac, made deal with suppliers and all, got our prospective customers anticipating. Now I feel ashamed when supermarkets we discussed with call me and ask when I will start supplying them plantain flour. We are now frustrated to the last. God be kind to Nigeria .
@Mbuhari, please #SaveYouWinBusiness

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: YOUWIN Awardees Cry To Buhari: Urge Government To Save Job Loss by chukwuka12: 9:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
eugene77:
The most painful aspect of this prolong delay is that most of the YouWiN! 3 awardees left their jobs, some even relocated in order to concentrate on YouWiN!project and create jobs which is the major problems facing the country, but only to be abandoned and left frustrated by the Nigerian government. This is not healthy for peoples' lives and businesses.

I know some of them too, completely stranded. Some got half equipments on rented structures, rent expired with no achievements as they didn't even get their second trench... Others trying to manage with funds from family and friends but not achieving much, if these trenches where released, they produce optimally...
#SaveYouWin3#

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emfrica Air Cargo Logistics Training / Salary Structure Of Lecturers In Federal Colleges Of Education / N-power What Date Did You Receive Your Last Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.