Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? (1696 Views)

Why Are Nigerians So Funny? / Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? / Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by ugonna245(m): 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2009
nigerians but why?

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by NegroNtns(m): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2009
grin grin grin

Ugo,

Na wah oo! Someone had hinted years back that Nigerians should have been the ones called RUSSIANS. Lmao!!

Look, our people complain about social problems but we lack the resolve and the discipline needed to deliver the solutions. The regime of Buhari and Idiagbon saw the same problem you captured here and they tactically began a reformative sweep to punish corruption and to educate on social awareness and values. At bus stops people lined up in order of first come first served. The bus schedule was timely and they were restricted to posted capacity. They were not allowed to overfill. That regime went to the point of empowering localities to be self-sufficient in managing their own environment and this included sanitation programms, crime identification and response, health care and wellness and so on and so forth. . . In one particular edict in Lagos Island, it was unlawful to block major artery roads for weekend parties and it was unlawful to block any road, artery or not, for mid week parties. To get waivers, the applicants would have to go to City Hall and pay a license fee that permitted them to block streets.

People complained that the regime was to heavy handed and made life difficult to enjoy. Then that regime was overthrown by Babangida and there was thunderous joy all over the nation. We welcomed Babangida's liberal but brutal regime as a favorable option to a self-actuating and disciplined way of life.

Rewind back. . .if Buhari regime had survived its course you would have seen people lined up in turn for transportation, "cultured", instead of the eye sore you witness there in the pix.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2009
more like see the men struggling with women for a bus.

Foregoing their own seats and letting the females board first obviously isnt an option. wink

crabs in a barrel do they call it.

Even the guy holding a child wasnt given any preference.

Life is hard back home. undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by Beaf: 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2009
We need a revolution
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by chiogo(f): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2009
Hmm, na wa! that's crazy.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by mamagee3(f): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2009
Did you see the woman with the bow legs?. grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by chiogo(f): 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2009
LOL, I just noticed that. cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by davidif: 7:16am On Jul 09, 2009
Did you see the woman with the bow legs?.

mamagee,
What is wrong with you?? You see as you don make me laugh so hard come disgrace myself for computer lab in front of one fine kokoye chick. There goes my hope of ever impressing her.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by iice(f): 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2009
LOL
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by rudia(f): 2:37pm On Jul 09, 2009
What!!!! Is this supposed to be part of some nollywood movie? How comes we dont see this dark side in those movies!!! shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2009

this man's wife go enjoy him oh!

Very caring guy, unlike so many of his countrymen. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by redsun(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2009
Madness.Suffer dabaru sense.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by ukukaegbu(m): 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2009
@Tpia Enjoy ke. U think say na for free? Let her not pay the man and then she'll see fire.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2009
reminds me of 100level, 200 level back in school. if you weren't out of campus by 11am, you were in for it . every other week some fella in a bid to do some sort of james bond stunt , would injure himself, and the support parade would begin that evening (donate generously to so and so in the hospital)
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by Hauwa1: 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2009
it is very embarrassing to watch adult fighting to get inside the bus. back there, i stand aside and watch them.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by ladykool(f): 3:53am On Jul 10, 2009
ahhhh i miss ma naija ooo!! conductor, owa lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by davidif: 4:12am On Jul 10, 2009
reminds me of 100level, 200 level back in school. if you weren't out of campus by 11am, you were in for it . every other week some fella in a bid to do some sort of james bond stunt , would injure himself, and the support parade would begin that evening (donate generously to so and so in the hospital)

HA HA HA HA HA HA , chei naija people.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by SeanT21(f): 6:46am On Jul 10, 2009
Desperate Situations calls for Desperate Measures.

LOL@1st pic. Why cant they be "gentlemen" and let the lady enter sef.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by JustGood(m): 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2009
I remember doing this a few times and when I think back now, I actually think it was fun.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by mukina2: 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2009
its not only in Nigeria at first pic, people do it all over Africa cheesy grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by Liedetect: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2009
It is not unique to Nigeria or Africa these sort of things happen all over the developing world.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by Igwe9(m): 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2009
can't forget the day I fell off Molue in Lagos. sad
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by JustGood(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2009
Go victoria bus stop for morning see as dem dey push and shove women to get on Bus 175
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by mccloud224(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
With all our money, we still can't provide the country with decent transportation.

@Beaf

You are right.We need a revolution.That's the only way to change things (worked in the U.S,France and even Ghana).
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by MrCrackles(m): 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2009
UP NAIJA shocked grin cheesy

UP NEPA! grin grin cool

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by Outstrip(f): 6:47am On Jul 18, 2009
I mean is that the last bus that will ever run in that city?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 19, 2009
most of the men on this thread ought to be covering their faces in shame.

After you go overseas, is when you learn the basics of decent behavior.

Pity.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by ifyalways(f): 12:29pm On Jul 19, 2009
Outstrip:

I mean is that the last bus that will ever run in that city?
Time factor,u never know when the next bus wud come.
@Topic,lolz.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by tpia5: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2014
Those molue days.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by tpia5: 7:02am On Jul 11, 2014
SeanT21:

LOL@1st pic. Why cant they be "gentlemen" and let the lady enter sef.

Those ladies will have to wait for another bus. Hopefully the next one won't be the same scenario.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Uncultured? by anonymous6(f): 2:37am On Jul 12, 2014
Is This a joke thread

(1) (Reply)

silly stuff Nigerians Do On Instagram / PHOTOS: Oba Tejuoso's Pre-80th Birthday Family Dinner / How I Bought My Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.