Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

It's My Fault, Mikel Obi Admits Blame In PSG Defeat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It's My Fault, Mikel Obi Admits Blame In PSG Defeat (590 Views)

Nigerians React To Mikel Obi Playing Argentina Despite Hearing His Dad's Kidnap / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Russian Wife Reacts To Super Eagles' Loss / Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's My Fault, Mikel Obi Admits Blame In PSG Defeat by zino3: 3:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
After his club’s Tuesday night loss to French club, Paris Saint-Germaine (PSG), Chelsea of London and Super Eagles of Nigeria midfielder, John Mikel Obi has admitted that he is at fault.
Mikel was quoted by British tabloid, Daily Mail UK as saying that he should have known better than to make an amateur’s mistake while in front of one of the world’s most deadly strikers.
Mikel is however happy with his Champions League goal and is confident that Chelsea can win their Champions League tie.
“I had to get one for the team,' said Mikel. 'It was good to score. The first goal was a big deflection from me and my foul that I committed.
“I had to make the foul because he was going deeper and deeper into the box. And I know I had to make a challenge, either to get the ball or foul him, but then the deflection was a big one.
“So, it was my foul, I got booked and then the deflection. So it was three things. But we came back strong and I got the equaliser back, which was great.
“Hopefully, this goal keeps us alive in the tie and we believe we can do it. We were disappointed losing the second goal. I thought we deserved more. But we can get a very good result at home which can see us through. We're still alive.”
“We've been through a difficult period, no doubt about it,” he continued,”But Guus has come in and settled the ship and now we're picking up results, doing really well back home in the league.
“This was the first game under Guus in the Champions League and we're still very much in the tie.
“The second leg is going to be massive and hopefully this away goal is going to be decisive. If we get a 1-0 win, we're through. We have to believe we can do it and believe in what we're doing with Guus.”
About his absence from first team action for some time, Mikel had this to say:
“It feels great to be back in the team,' said Mikel. “Sometimes it is disappointing not to be part of the team, not to play but I've always been professional.
“I never speak out, I never get upset, I carry on doing my job, coming to training every day to train with the guys who are playing.
“This is football. In one second it changes. I've always believed in myself and kept doing what I was doing and Guus came in and has given me the opportunity, and hopefully that will continue.
“It is my 10th season at the club since 2006. Maybe I'll get a testimonial soon.”

http://greennews.ng/its-my-fault-mikel-obi-admits-blame-in-psg-defeat/

Re: It's My Fault, Mikel Obi Admits Blame In PSG Defeat by osesology(m): 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Why him no go say Guus don come settle the ship when e don dey feature am on a regular basis. lol
Re: It's My Fault, Mikel Obi Admits Blame In PSG Defeat by fctguy: 3:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
Mou actually was majorly responsible for Mikel's poor form for many years
So happy that Mikel has been able to wake up from the slumber Mou kept him.

Pray Chelsea wins second leg
Re: It's My Fault, Mikel Obi Admits Blame In PSG Defeat by emeraldknytt(m): 4:13pm On Feb 17, 2016
...and i told mikel to hold that jazz baba agba gave us... grin untill the stupid HE-GOAT listens... CHELSHITS KEEP ON LOSING

(1) (Reply)

Former Man U Goalkeeper Edwin Van Der Sar Returns / Alex Iwobi Wasn't Poison But Rather He Suffered From... / EPISODE 1: Watch Dammydudu's Exclusive With MFM FC Striker Musa Newman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.