Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly (2654 Views)

Some Kogi Governorship Election Result 2015 / Buhari’s Ministerial List Will Be Released Soon – Garba Shehu / Updated 2011 Election Result Projection Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by OwenG(m): 7:41am On Jul 10, 2009
Iwu is up to his games again.
The so called electronic voting should be at least test-runned in a council or re-run election for Nigerians to see how effective this machine will be. Deploying a brand new technology in a general election is an invitation for chaos. What is the guarranty that a single punch for PDP will not multiply PDP votes by 50, or a punch for any other party like AC or ANPP will also not wipe out opposition votes and credit the ruling party total tally of votes. Is there any back-up in case there are disputes from the elections. Remember, that the election results of George Bush against Al Gore had to be delayed because there had to be a manual re-count of the votes cast. Will Iwu be able to do this?
Also note that the last senate dispensation threw out the use of electronic voting because it had not been tested in any local election and hence could not be trusted to deliver accurate results in a general election. The devil you know is better than the Angel you dont know.
Nigerians should be beware of the so-called electronic voting unless they want PDP to rull forever.
Chikena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by royalicon(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2009
If not all, People Demolishing People's[b][/b] (PDP) Party will have their way out. I believe they are already writting a special software to scam the election result.
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by koolpal(m): 9:50am On Jul 10, 2009
abracadabra will resurface lets just siddon look
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by shoboy9: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2009
Q: IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO MAKE IT WORK?

First how will it operate? If I press a button inside a cubicle, and everyone can see who I voted for, it is no longer secret ballot by any means. Will there be voter intimidation?

If I click on a candidate what assurance is there that the system will not record my vote for another candidate. In a country with yahoo and atm fraud, is INEC offering us any gurantee or we can assume as many here have already posted that its just a means of expedited rigging?
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by Nezan(m): 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2009
koolpal:

abracadabra will resurface lets just siddon look
grin grin
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by nigeriaon(f): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2009
I WANT TO SUGGEST THAT THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD BE CHANGED TO 2011 ELECTION RESULT TO BE RIGGED AND RELEASED INSTANTLY

BUT ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE PROF. MAURICE IWU SHOULD NO BETTER THAN INTRODUCING AN ABRUPT SYSTEM FOR CONDUCT OF ELECTIONS THAT ALREADY POSSESES A CLEAR CUT STATE OF IRREGULARITIES,
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by afix(m): 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2009
I don' t trust this present government,all i know about them is deceit from all angle.They are just their to play on our intelligence and do away with it.
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by donnie(m): 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2009
What is Iwu stilll doing in that office? He should be removed.
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by emekagh(m): 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2009
Lol. I don't see this as an improvement. Result are often release prior to the 'selection'. grin
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by chyk91(m): 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2009
They av found anoda way 2 rig d election, na wa o.
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by strangleyo: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2009
Stopping rigging is not rocket science. In Canada and the USA, votes are counted in at the poll centres as they come in. Ballot stuffing is impossible because ballot boxes are not taken in long journeys across the states. They are counted at the centre literally as they come in, and the results are released within hours of the count start, in Canada and Britain votes are counted in continuously and results are updated like a livescore.

This way there is no "delays", no time to calculate votes, no time to do backroom deals, the winner is usually announced by the end of the voting day. Even Iraq and Bangladesh held credible elections. Its not rocket science. Iwu should show a little patriotism and show some initiative, he will not be harmed.
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by chidichris(m): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2009
another new wine in an old jar.
as long as iwu remains in charge, with obj alive and the bot chairman of the criminal minded cabal(pdp) i can only see a modernized rigging system.
who is importing these machines? pdp. who is going to use the machines? pdp. whose purposes are these machines going to serve? pdp.
we are only going from worse to worst.
yar adua shld make inec independent and make the appointment of the inec chairman the decission of the house instead of the president.
before we used to have results before elections now is going to be alongside the elections so are we going forward or backward.
let them continue with the old method of having the results before the election.
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by Andy1985ng(m): 6:45am On Jul 13, 2009
In 2006, Iwu himself proposed the use of the electronic voters card that failed to work in the National Assembly on a demonstration. I want to be optimistic about this innovation but i feel only the A4 method of 1993 will work in Nigeria; though this will lead to loss of lives & property. We are at a cross-road!
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by Nezan(m): 9:54am On Jul 13, 2009
Andy1985ng:

In 2006, Iwu himself proposed the use of the electronic voters card that failed to work in the National Assembly on a demonstration. I want to be optimistic about this innovation but i feel only the A4 method of 1993 will work in Nigeria; though this will lead to loss of lives & property. We are at a cross-road!
Dont mind Iwu, he is just as corrupt as the machinery that made him.
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by Amjustme: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2009
Actually fellow Nairalanders. lets not be too fast to speak. Of course we've heard of hacking and otherforms of cyber crime.

Not like i wish them the worst o but as long as we have this forum,we shall speak. For now, good development BUT IF THEY GOOF?! I will be back to say my words.

MAY GOD HELP NAIJA. AMEN.
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by sley4life(m): 12:09am On Jul 15, 2009
they have arrived with another fraudulent means
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by amaze1: 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2009
bawomolo:

interesting hope it works

ohh it will work so well that the result will come out in 2010 (a year early)

technology too much!!!!
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2009
Till then
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by Ilelobola: 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2009
Hope these machines will be solar powered too otherwise dare to dream the whole of Nigeria might have electricity for at least the whole of election day. A good reason to have the system as it obviously won't deter rigging.
Re: 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly by slimes(m): 8:23am On Sep 28, 2009
It is far easier to cheat with a machine. The only solution is if foreigners man the machine. This will ensure zero tolerance to cooruption and rigging.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chief Margaret Ekpo, Oon, Cfr In Conversation With Onyeka Onwenu / Pix Of Gej's House @ His Hometown Otuoke / We May Not Be Able To Pay Salary For September And October -FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.