Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,694 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. (3259 Views)

Man Buys A New Car For His Mother, Says 'It Has Been My Dream' / "Don't Wear Anything To Bed''- Nigerian Lady Advises Men With Unfaithful Wives / 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by DesChyko: 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
Mum and Dad were watching TV when Mum said, "I'm tired, and it's getting late. I think I'll go to bed." She went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the next day's lunches. Rinsed out the popcorn bowls, took meat out of the freezer for supper the following evening, checked the cereal box levels, filled the sugar container, put spoons and bowls on the table and started the coffee pot for brewing the next morning. She then put some wet clothes in the dryer, put a load of clothes into the washer, ironed a shirt and secured a loose button. She picked up the game pieces left on the table, put the phone back on the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer. She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom. She stopped by the desk and wrote a note to the teacher, counted out some cash for the excursion and pulled a text book out from hiding under the chair. She signed a birthday card for a friend, addressed and stamped the envelope and wrote a quick note for the grocery store. She put both near her bag. Mum then washed her face with 3 in 1 cleanser, put on her Night Solution & age fighting moisturizer, brushed and flossed her teeth. Dad called out, "I thought you were going to bed." "I'm on my way," she said. She put some water into the dog's dish and put the cat outside, then made sure the doors were locked and the patio light was on.. She looked in on each of the kids and turned out their bedside lamps and radios, hung up a shirt, threw some dirty socks into the hamper, and had a brief conversation with the one up still doing homework. In her own room, she set the alarm; laid out clothing for the next day, straightened up the shoe rack. She added three things to her 6 most important things to do list. She said her prayers, and visualized the accomplishment of her goals. About that time, Dad turned off the TV and announced to no one in particular. "I'm going to bed." And he did...without another thought. Anything extraordinary here? Wonder why women live longer...? 'CAUSE THEY ARE MADE FOR THE LONG HAUL........ (and they can't die sooner, they still have things to do!!!!)

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by harbibi: 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
nice.
Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by tpiar: 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
today's "die" thread.
Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by Chidoks(f): 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
Honestly we're super beings. I tell you, she'll still be up by 5am, hours before his majesty wakes up. At work, her brain keeps making notes of how to run the home while striving to please her employer. God bless all women jare!

13 Likes

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by uyogabie(f): 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
Ans she will still wake up early.

3 Likes

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by jashar(f): 11:18pm On Feb 17, 2016
who send the woman message? grin
Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by apeleone(f): 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
God bless all d hardworking women

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by Faith111: 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
Mothers are Super Humans...
@op you could edit the live long thing. Both are meant to leave long cos they have unique roles to play in the family.
Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by greatgod2012(f): 5:15am On Feb 19, 2016
God bless all amazing mothers and all caring fathers.
This reminds me of this .....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by meelorlah(f): 5:27am On Feb 19, 2016
So true...God bless My Mother

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by ayobase(m): 7:19am On Feb 19, 2016
lalasticala mynd44
Let's show love for our mothers.
They are wonderful beings.
Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by PresVA: 9:10am On Feb 19, 2016
Chaiii.. e no easy o.. women are strong. .

I really pray God to help me.. want a be a good mother and a lovely wife till death calls! , Amen...
Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by EfemenaXY: 9:25am On Feb 19, 2016
Nice 1 @ OP.

Yet we get people on here opening up threads to undermine such women's' efforts by labelling them as unaspiring housewives

4 Likes

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by Vyolet(f): 9:31am On Feb 19, 2016
Some men still do not see any big deal in all these, afterall you won't be the first woman to do such.

3 Likes

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by Eketem: 11:41am On Feb 19, 2016
Why does the mother want to wear herself out? Can't she ask her husband for help?

2 Likes

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by mamadsquare: 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
Shout out to all great moms and wives out there. God will cause you to have great reward for all you labored for.
Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by urchbarbie(f): 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
Vyolet:
Some men still do not see any big deal in all these, afterall you won't be the first woman to do such.
exactly! some dont see d big deal and its really disheartening. As an unmarried lady I do so much at home yet my broda wld say 'ehen'
Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by poshestmina(f): 4:35am On Feb 20, 2016
God bless Mothers

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by taryour(f): 9:23am On Feb 20, 2016
Eketem:
Why does the mother want to wear herself out? Can't she ask her husband for help?

So the husband needs to be asked before he gives a helping hand A responsible husband doesnt need to be asked for help when it comes to home management. You sound like someone who wouldnt bulge until you are asked to.
And by the way need i remind you that mothers and wives are like that natually, its inbuilt. Either the men help or not we still get to put things in place, just that we tend to do so in different ways and pace.

God bless all women/mothers/wives and God bless the MEN in our lives.

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by Eketem: 10:27am On Feb 20, 2016
taryour:

So the husband needs to be asked before he gives a helping hand A responsible husband doesnt need to be asked for help when it comes to home management. You sound like someone who wouldnt bulge until you are asked to.
And by the way need i remind you that mothers and wives are like that natually, its inbuilt. Either the men help or not we still get to put things in place, just that we tend to do so in different ways and pace.

Oh dear :

First of all I am a woman

Secondly you seemed to have missed my point ; being that women should stop overworking themselves when they have husbands who should help them doing nothing while there is so much to be done. She is not a single mother why should she have to do all that all alone when she should be asking her husband to take some of the tasks?

Sometimes we can like to be super women and end up tired, angry and bitter instead. You need help ask your husband, " Please do this and that while I do this and that"

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by Acidosis(m): 10:36am On Feb 20, 2016
Yea, for women without house helps and maid
Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by kaziblake(f): 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
So true

Sleeps by 12am...By 4am you are up again.

Women are the best thing to happen to man.
Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by SSpeter(m): 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
kaziblake:
So true
Sleeps by 12am...By 4am you are up again.
Women are the best thing to happen to man.
taryour:

urchbarbie:
exactly! some dont see d big deal and its really disheartening. As an unmarried lady I do so much at home yet my broda wld say 'ehen'
poshestmina:
God bless Mothers
Chidoks:
Honestly we're super beings. I tell you, she'll still be up by 5am, hours before his majesty wakes up. At work, her brain keeps making notes of how to run the home while striving to please her employer. God bless all women jare!
uyogabie:
Ans she will still wake up early.
EfemenaXY:
Nice 1 @ OP.
Yet we get people on here opening up threads to undermine such women's' efforts by labelling them as unaspiring housewives
PresVA:
Chaiii.. e no easy o.. women are strong. .
I really pray God to help me.. want a be a good mother and a lovely wife till death calls! , Amen...
jashar:
[/quote][quote author=greatgod2012 post=43053075]God bless all amazing mothers and all caring fathers.
This reminds me of this .....
Hey ladies...give the men a break...moreover a male lion sleeps for 18hrs and here we are trying to make life better for you!......We have paid the price (bride price) not like it's for free!! or is it not the woman that claims to be the home manager? Stop complaining...To be a man is not a year's job...even if he is lazy, He is still a MAN

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by Chidoks(f): 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
SSpeter:
Hey ladies...give the men a break...moreover a male lion sleeps for 18hrs and here we are trying to make life better for you!......We have paid the price (bride price) not like it's for free!! or is it not the woman that claims to be the home manager? Stop complaining...To be a man is not a year's job...even if he is lazy, He is still a MAN
Ah! Your Excellency, we're not complaining o. Hmnn! We're only encouraging ourselves in this noble calling of attending to you and your decendants' every need. We are glad to be the managers, in fact we are only comparing notes.
Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by cococandy(f): 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
Life of superwoman

I'm not a superwoman.

If I'm ready for bed, it's bed and nairaland until I sleep off. Goodbye cool

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by taryour(f): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
Eketem:

Oh dear :

First of all I am a woman

Secondly you seemed to have missed my point ; being that women should stop overworking themselves when they have husbands who should help them doing nothing while there is so much to be done. She is not a single mother why should she have to do all that all alone when she should be asking her husband to take some of the tasks?

Sometimes we can like to be super women and end up tired, angry and bitter instead. You need help ask your husband, " Please do this and that while I do this and that"

Oh my bad, sorry about the mix up. Thought you were male.

1 Like

Re: When A Mother Says She Is Going To Bed.. by bukatyne(f): 8:12am On Feb 22, 2016
Eketem:

(1) (Reply)

Which Part Of Ajah (lagos Island) Has Good Electricity / Breaking: MTN Increases Data Prices / Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.