Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Why Is The Naira Falling? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is The Naira Falling? (1104 Views)

What Happened To The Naira Swap / Good News. The Naira Is Now 245 To $1. See Inside! / CBN Floats The Naira, The Implications For You And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Naira Falling? by arbitter: 11:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
My dad got approached yesterday by a friend who was inviting him to participate in a get rich scheme. Wanna know what it was?

Simple, he wanted him to allow him use his account to transfer Naira via Western Union outside the country to his 'man' in Dubai where they'll get the dollar equivalent at a low exchange rate. Then his guy will send it back to him to sell in the black market for a ripping 350. Aint that a bitchin idea?

Ofcourse my Dad rejected, But obviously he'll just find some other person (theyre into this HUGE, even some Bank managers are complicit)

SO, JUST SO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU COME ON MEDIA PLATFORMS TALKING SHIT ABOUT THE PRESIDENT AS IF HE UNILATERALLY IS CRIPPLING YOUR PRECIOUS CURRENCY, KNOW THAT IT IS ACTUALLY YOUR SO CALLED COUNTRYMEN THAT ARE DESTROYING YOUR CURRENCY. JUST AS THEY DO WITH EVERYTHING ELSE AND LATER BLAME THE GOVT.

Eitherway Maybe the Govt should just loosen up all the stupld restrictions they put in place since apparently they cant manage to block such blatantly obvious loopholes like this that are being massively exploited by ldiots whom have no regards for the currency.
Re: Why Is The Naira Falling? by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 18, 2016
So why do things fall?

Probably because it was hit by something right.

Here, I think naira is falling or failed due to CHANGE.....
Re: Why Is The Naira Falling? by oduastates: 2:04am On Feb 18, 2016
Let's put it this way.

Like the drunkard

Nigerians want to spend $60 billion buying mostly non essential goods that can be produced locally .

Nigerian only make a forex income of $22 billion .
But to buy those goods , you need $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Beyond Seme border no one cares about naira.
The only way to get $$$$$$$$$$$$$ is to sell your products to other countries.
Nigeria sells almost nothing.

It is difficult for a drunk to shake off her habit .

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Naira Falling? by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 18, 2016
arbitter:
My dad got approached yesterday by a friend who was inviting him to participate in a get rich scheme. Wanna know what it was?

Simple, he wanted him to allow him use his account to transfer Naira via Western Union outside the country to his 'man' in Dubai where they'll get the dollar equivalent at a low exchange rate. Then his guy will send it back to him to sell in the black market for a ripping 350. Aint that a bitchin idea?

Ofcourse my Dad rejected, But obviously he'll just find some other person (theyre into this HUGE, even some Bank managers are complicit)

SO, JUST SO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU COME ON MEDIA PLATFORMS TALKING SHIT ABOUT THE PRESIDENT AS IF HE UNILATERALLY IS CRIPPLING YOUR PRECIOUS CURRENCY, KNOW THAT IT IS ACTUALLY YOUR SO CALLED COUNTRYMEN THAT ARE DESTROYING YOUR CURRENCY. JUST AS THEY DO WITH EVERYTHING ELSE AND LATER BLAME THE GOVT.

Eitherway Maybe the Govt should just loosen up all the stupld restrictions they put in place since apparently they cant manage to block such blatantly obvious loopholes like this that are being massively exploited by ldiots whom have no regards for the currency.

Vote APC for Change

Re: Why Is The Naira Falling? by nobilis: 7:18am On Feb 18, 2016
ijinlove20:
So why do things fall?

Do u think at all before writing or u just write anything that comes to your mind whether or not it makes any sense?
Re: Why Is The Naira Falling? by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 18, 2016
nobilis:

Do u think at all before writing or u just write anything that comes to your mind whether or not it makes any sense?

I'll prefer u don't quote me again and air your opinion.

It's too early for me to start ranting, if not, u would have gotten a fold of what u desire and deserve for trying to insult me.
Re: Why Is The Naira Falling? by nobilis: 9:31am On Feb 18, 2016
ijinlove20:

I'll prefer u don't quote me again and air your opinion.

It's too early for me to start ranting, if not, u would have gotten a fold of what u desire and deserve for trying to insult me.

LMAO.
I laugh at people who threaten others with insults as though they have the monopoly on insolence.
Bring it on, baby girl.
Ain't nobody afraid o' you.

And I ask you again, do you actually think things through before typing them here or you just type anything that comes to your mind?

In case u didn't notice, I've quoted you again.
So rain the insults on me.
I'm waiting.
Re: Why Is The Naira Falling? by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 18, 2016
ijinlove20:
So why do things fall?

^^ Correct grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rudiments Of A Complete Business Plan (how To Write A Business Plan) / See Latest News About Tbc / Awoof Fine Buildings For Sales In Lekki Axis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.