Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others (8018 Views)

Onnoghen Gets Nod To Be CJN / Disarm Fulani Herdsmen Now, South-east Monarchs Tells FG.. / EFCC Arrests Amnesty Office Consultants And Contractors Over Billion Naira Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by kiyosaki1(m): 12:37am On Feb 18, 2016
ABUJA: The Presidential Amnesty Office (PAO) says it is seeking Presidential approval to disarm interested pipeline vandals in Arepo area of Lagos and other affected Niger Delta region.
The Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs and Coordinator of the amnesty programme, Brig. Gen. Paul Boroh (rtd), revealed this Wednesday at a media briefing in Abuja. He reaffirmed his earlier position that the amnesty programme would be terminated in 2018.
Brig. Boro said the planned disarmament was conceived as part of ongoing efforts by the Amnesty Office to actualize its objective of sustainable peace in the oil region and Nigeria at as a whole, adding that it would only be restricted to only those youths ready and willing to lay down their arms in the interest of peace in the country.
‘‘We hear of some persons wanting to disarm at Arepo, and we have written to the appropriate authority to allow us disarms them. There are also some elements that want to do same in Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River states. There are some of those persons that were displaced in Bakkasi and are willing to disarm as well. It is a good thing for Nigeria that some people want to disarm. Nigeria cannot be a country that arms litter about and UN does not want to associate with such countries,'' said Boro.
According to him, about 1500 persons have so expressed interest to disarm in Arepo, while in Bakassi and other Niger Delta areas, the number of those to disarm is yet to be ascertained as verification is still ongoing.
He also told the press that the amnesty programme had entered the last phase of the disarmament, demobilization, rehabilitation, reconstruction, reinsertion, reconciliation and reintegration (DDRRRRR) of the ex-agitators, and appealed to all relevant agencies of government and private sector to assist the amnesty office in engaging the beneficiaries .

Source www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/amnesty-office-seeks-presidential-nod-to-disarm-arepo-pipeline-vandals-others/
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by kiyosaki1(m): 12:39am On Feb 18, 2016
This is opportunity for all job seekers.Free access to the national cake.

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by ibrams(m): 12:40am On Feb 18, 2016
make sense.....
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by tafabaloo(m): 4:05am On Feb 18, 2016
Kkkk ...is this not a ploy to escape long arm of law after their dastardly acts in the creeks?
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by Flexherbal(m): 4:31am On Feb 18, 2016
Job for the boys

1 Like

Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by harmless011: 7:38am On Feb 18, 2016
Another format to chop money by APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by PoliticalThuG(m): 7:39am On Feb 18, 2016
Buhari na mumu nah

1 Like

Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by SetrakusRa(m): 7:39am On Feb 18, 2016
DDRRRRR?

1 Like

Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by Innodon(m): 7:39am On Feb 18, 2016
Ok. Where do they get all d arms? It's high time we investigate their source of ammunition
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by Firefire(m): 7:40am On Feb 18, 2016
Nigeria and stupidity. undecided
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by hottathanfire(m): 7:42am On Feb 18, 2016
Ok. They want Buhari to start nodding like agama lizard right?? Bad belle office grin
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by oghenetegah(m): 7:42am On Feb 18, 2016
good for them...good for Nigeria
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by menix(m): 7:46am On Feb 18, 2016
Buhari is now a Lizard infact Agama Lizard, that his means of communication is Nodding...

Hope he Nods to making 1 naira=$1
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by hungryboy(m): 7:46am On Feb 18, 2016
Encouraging criminality again,
As long as the government is always ready to offer amnesty an a salary to any guy claiming to be a militant or oil bunkerer,
It will only encourage more to follow their path.
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by ORACLE1975(m): 7:47am On Feb 18, 2016
What?
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by PoliticalThuG(m): 7:48am On Feb 18, 2016
Buhari sef
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by kennyman2000(m): 7:49am On Feb 18, 2016
Hmmmmm.. I dont see Buhari granting amnesty to this people. Buhair was once a general and knows how to handle them without the amnesty ish. You'll say, i said it.
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by loomer: 7:49am On Feb 18, 2016
Na people you dey call "some elements" make them catch u for koro
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by Onyiibazz: 7:50am On Feb 18, 2016
First plot
Check my signature
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by Onyiibazz: 7:51am On Feb 18, 2016
This is my second plot.
Please still check my signature.
Idleness is a good thing choi
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by Onyiibazz: 7:53am On Feb 18, 2016
Third plot of land. Heheheheh! I don give up. Abeg make person find me job o, I dey jobless so
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by Tmaritas76(m): 7:54am On Feb 18, 2016
May be criminality is a sure way to get job in Nigeria.where is my gun? Am joining them now before the offer last.
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by GentleOhimai(m): 8:11am On Feb 18, 2016
Let them start by bringing out Tompolo then we will know they are serious in the peace of our nation.
The military is fully ready for them and they have seen it all.
Only the innocent will suffer when it gets hot but the truth is that these people can't fight the government.
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by thefakestan: 8:13am On Feb 18, 2016
These scammers em!

It obvious some people want to hammer!

ThefakeStan
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by GentleOhimai(m): 8:17am On Feb 18, 2016
I am very ashamed of those people that always open their mouths to insult Buhari because they sound really daft and stupid to me and show the real truth that we are the cause of our problems because so many people hate progress.
Our President is busy trying to help the nation and see how we can move forward but some cowards are too blind to see because of their poor mentality.

May God help us all, meanwhile if you quote me to blab trash, I already know were you belong so I don't need to answer you.
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 18, 2016
Clearly the 2D5R favored many who were not even militants.

The real militants were hardly trained. Especially, the training program overseas which was practically hijacked, almost at the beginning stages of the amnesty program, with politicians superimposing their candidates on real beneficiaries. While I am in favor of any peaceful resolution of armed conflict, a time must come when the country must stand and say ''we will not negotiate amnesty with criminals''. Also we all do hope this program will not go beyond 2018. We cannot continue to sponsor criminals who have killed us, raped us and maimed us with our hard earned money through taxes etc. It simply sends a bad message that ultimately, crime pays through amnesty. Kill a few people, blow up some pipelines and negotiate for a monthly stipend.

Perhaps we who are physically strong will try to grab guns too. So we will be taken seriously. BECAUSE IN THE NIGERIA OF TODAY VIOLENCE SEEMS TO PAY. ESPECIALLY VIOLENCE TARGETED AT CRUDE OIL INSTALLATIONS/FACILITIES. Who says I do not want a monthly stipend and free training for being an outlaw?
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by olukenny: 9:41am On Feb 18, 2016
Sometimes I find it hard to believe some story online but if this is true,is not a good development..This is another avenue for some people to get richer because the first question is who are this youth in arepo they are talking about??the fact remain that without the military support in those region there won't be successful operation of the vandalism.I can only say little online but I have fact,if u need little fact go to those region they talking about.....Arepo down to ikorodu axis for instance,check the military activity then you will see why government cannot win the war against vandals.
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by Jdesilentkiller(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
SetrakusRa:
DDRRRRR?
My guy, I am confuse also....everything in Nigeria has acronym.....GEJ, PMB, EFCC, ICPC, DSS, IB, AIT, CRD, C0D. Infact everything!!!!!!
Re: Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others by Jdesilentkiller(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
I am a tax payer and I say........to hell with them!!!!!!

Amnesty is a criminality and must be stopped.....
Any lazy iddiot want amnesty after killing, destroying and destabilising......

Army show them that a General is incharge.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Considers Bill To Blacklist Loan Defaulters / 2023: You’re Still Living In The Ancient Days - Tinubu Group Replies Bode George / APC To Inaugurate Screening Committees Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.