Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,104 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Penastory Love Contest Entry #11 – ADESOJI DANIEL - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Penastory Love Contest Entry #11 – ADESOJI DANIEL (599 Views)

Announcement Of Penastory Love Contest 2016 Winners / Penastory Love Contest Entry #12 – ENIOLA LONGE / Penastory Love Contest Entry #2 – ADESINA OLORUNTORERA TAMILORE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Penastory Love Contest Entry #11 – ADESOJI DANIEL by PenAStory: 9:15am On Feb 18, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/02/17/penastory-love-contest-entry-11-adesoji-daniel/

Ngozi and I have been married close to seventeen months now. Yes, a year and five months, I was sure I was correct. Definitely sure….
Yet, I couldn’t help sighing as these months flashed by before my very eyes as I slid back and relaxed in the driver’s seat of the Rover, hoping to ease off the day’s tension.
I could see Ngozi’s radiant face again as we pledged our vows…

so beautiful, promising. It seemed unreal, compared to what I go home to every other night now. Maybe it was the auto accident we had a week after our wedding, which confined Ngozi to a wheelchair – I didn’t suffer a single scratch and I was in the front passenger seat, while she drove – and a lifetime of physiotherapeutic sessions (As it is turning out to be – I’m hopeful though). Maybe it was the way she looked at me sometimes, the way she spoke to me like I wasn’t supposed
to be there.
A noise from behind cleared my clouded thoughts, and I checked my side mirror to see why the red convertible behind me was blaring its horns. Obviously, we were in a traffic jam, and everyone else had
found a way to kill time while they waited. Up ahead, some cars had started moving, so I warmed the engine and was soon speeding closer to my destination.
I slowed at an intersection, and turned right cautiously, as a trailer truck earthquaked past in the opposite direction, leaving behind a huge billboard playing some Valentine ad. Of course, I smiled to myself secretly, festive periods or whatever periods Val could be classified along with had a way of uplifting the atmosphere it
surrounds. Like a melodious cacophony, or a rainbow on a monochromatic day….
I finally got home, parked in the garage and went in. I was surprised at the silence that sashed the house – Ngozi is usually watching cable TV every night when I return. I closed the front door gently, and groped for the light switch as usual. What happened next was intimidating… Few metres away from where I stood, another switch popped instead, and revealed lots of miniature pyramid-shaped jasmine bulbs lined out in a pathlike manner. Roses were everywhere, and a soft ballad slowly crescendoed its way into the sacredness.
” Do you like it?” A voice asked.
Then it paused, “Say something.”
Ngozi expertly wheeled herself to where I was, and took my hands.
They were shaking.
“All these months, since our wedding, I have been angry. At God, at death, at life. I neglected you… I found the gift you left this morning when I woke.”
God, I thought, she was going to cry. Her voice was getting raspy.
“…And I realised, you’re my miracle.”
I felt my bladder sending signals to my brain: Empty contents asap!
” I love you, Idowu. I really do. Thank you.” She cried.
Well, I went on my knees and hugged her.

Help this contestant win by liking this post on our BBM Channel via C00396EEB, if you are reading from mobile click: http://pin.bbm.com/C00396EEB and also like on our Instagram Page @pen_a_story

Source: PenAStory www.penastory.com

(1) (Reply)

Hello Creatives - Join Us At The Naturally Anonymous Center / Are There Professional Movie Series Script Writters On This Section? / What Must Not Be Lost. A Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.