Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) (46551 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's Security Batters Punch Reporter - Olatunji Obasa (Pics) / This Man Apologizes To Those Who Voted APC Because Of Him (PHOTO) / Buhari Poses With His Former Driver In The Army And His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Islie: 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
A soldier, simply identified by his name tag as Emmanuel B.J., on Wednesday battered a commercial bus driver, Mr. Moshood Olaniyi, at the Ojodu-Berger Motor Park in Lagos State for allegedly sneering at him.

The soldier initially pounced on Olaniyi and thrashed him with horse whip before he used his fists to punch him.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Emmanuel ignored pleas by passersby and food vendors at the park.

Instead, he removed the vehicle’s key from the ignition and dragged Olaniyi down from the bus and battered him the more.
The soldier held Olaniyi’s waistband and threatened to kill the driver boasting that nobody would query him if he killed the driver.

When the crowd urged the soldier to state the driver’s offence, Emmanuel B.J. slapped Olaniyi again for more than 12 times.
He said, “Who does he think he is? I will kill him and nobody will query me. I have killed many people who are older than this idiot (Olaniyi) in the past and nobody queried me for that.

“The idiot attempted to hit me while reversing his vehicle and when I asked him why, he just sneered at me. If at all he is older than me, I don’t care. I will do to him what he will never forget for the rest of his life.”

Emmanuel dragged Olaniyi to the park of commercial motorcycle operators, a distance of about 50 metres, before he released him after much pleading that lasted for about 45 minutes by eyewitnesses and other motorists.

Olaniyi was later advised to seek medical attention due to the extent of the assault.
Olaniyi, who could hardly open his mouth to talk because of his swollen lips after the soldier released him, denied that he sneered at the soldier.

He said he was reversing his vehicle when the soldier suddenly pounced on him.
One of the witnesses, who identified himself simply as Festus, said the beating was too much, adding that he did not expect that Olaniyi could still stand on his feet after the soldier released him.
Festus said it was the beating that drew his attention from where he was fixing some mechanical faults in his vehicle.

He said, “I did not know the cause of the disagreement between Olaniyi and the soldier, but from what I saw, Olaniyi was sitting in his vehicle when the soldier started beating him. I didn’t know whether Olaniyi sneered at the soldier or not.”

A bread seller at the motor park, who preferred to be addressed as Ajoke, said she witnessed the assault from the beginning to the end.

Ajoke said she joined other passersby to beg the soldier to let Olaniyi go when it appeared that he was not ready to stop the beating.

Reacting to the alleged assault, the spokesperson for 82 Division, Nigerian Army, Lagos, Col. Kingsley Samuel, told our correspondent that he had yet to confirm the identity of the soldier, but promised to investigate the assault.

He said, “We don’t know the identity of the soldier. Lagos is a big community; anybody can put on army uniform and impersonate being a soldier. We have had cases of impersonation before, but if any personnel of the organisation I work with commits a crime of that nature, the person will be dealt with.

“We have to find out if Emmanuel is a genuine soldier who is not impersonating. This is one of the things we will investigate. And if he is a soldier, we will find out the unit he belongs to. But I assure you that we will do our investigation.”

www.punchng.com/soldier-batters-bus-driver-for-sneering-at-him/

1 Share

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by madridguy(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
MANY HOODLUMS IN NIGERIA UNIFORM.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by mynd1(f): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
Just like that? shocked
Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Oladimejy(m): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
I wish i am the attorney-general,i will have killed many soldiers because i will send agent that dont wear uniform to go to barracks and the public to get me names of those soldiers that normally beat people or their wife and when i get the names i will send them to maiduguri immediately..sebi na die hard him dey form make him go do am for bokoharam

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by NobleAngell(f): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
Gone are the days when soldiers were respected without even asking for it. Now they actually beat you to earn respect.

24 Likes

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by tutorng: 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
another case of military brutality...it is well

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by greatness22(m): 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2016
Human Right.... May your soul rest in peace.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Sabadon(m): 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
on top driver body na im e get power, e mate dey sambisa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
The solder has met his waterloo
E don buy job..

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Tallesty1(m): 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
mynd1:
Just like that? shocked
That one even have a reason for battering him.

Early last year, I was speeding from Oju in Benue state to ankpa in Kogi state, When I got to the police check point at Enugu state/Benue state boundary, I saw a soldier discussing with a trailer driver and both of them where in the middle of the road.

So I parked somewhere to wait for them to finish before I could continue, nah im one soldier commot from corner come dey query me.

"Nah this power bike you carry give you mind to come near us b4 stopping?"

"I am sorry sir, I was on top speed and I didn't see the vehicle on time"

"Your brake no good?"

"It is good but marching it with force will make unnecessary sound and cause distractions"

"eehh? You dey on high speed because you're in haste bah? I am going to delay you. Come down"

I obeyed.

"come back by 4pm to carry your bike"

My dear, I spent over 2hrs there before he allowed me to go. Those men ain't human walahi

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Abatsam111(m): 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
shocked
Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by mynd1(f): 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
Tallesty1:
That one even have a reason for battering him.

Early last year, I was speeding from Oju in Benue state to ankpa in Kogi state, When I got to the police check point at Enugu state/Benue state boundary, I saw a soldier discussing with a trailer driver and both of them where in the middle of the road.

So I parked somewhere to wait for them to finish before I could continue, nah im one soldier commot from corner come dey query me.

"Nah this power bike you carry give you mind to come near us b4 stopping?"

"I am sorry sir, I was on top speed and I didn't see the vehicle on time"

"Your brake no good?"

"It is good but marching it with force will make unnecessary sound and cause distractions"

"eehh? You dey on high speed because you're in haste bah? I going to delay you. Come down"

I obeyed.

"come back by 4pm to carry your bike"

My dear, I spent over 2hrs there before he allowed me to go. Those men ain't human walahi
Eyah lol! grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by dan9ice(m): 2:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
The guy they do advert

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by brownjulie(f): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
I think the Nigeria army need orientation.... na for civilian body dem dey get power,make dem go fight boko haram dem na... non sense

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Clone2020(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
Terrible. His peers are fighting boko haram in the heart of the Sambisa forest so regular civilians can still enjoy certain freedoms. This is a disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by sylviaeo(f): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
"I will kill u n nobody will query me". such arrogance. SMH

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by ChappyChase: 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
"I know my right" no for where naija army dey ooo! Those guys are beast and should be avoided by all means!!!! And for the yeye Cornell wey say them go investigate the matter abeg leave thrash for LAWMA! The girl wey batter person for AbJ we never hear anything from una talk more of this one wey we no even see him face! Mtchew!!!

5 Likes

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ordinary yimu gave him swolen lips and serious battery!

But isn't there an avenue to report these guys who beat up civilians?

There should be
Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by jossiwan(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
He de show power 4 road side... Mtcheeeeeeeeew... If dem transfer am go Bama, Sambisa or Maidugiri na run e go run leave rifle... #Zombie
Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by FTBOY: 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
the soldier's name is Emmanuel Blow J.ob!! shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
Abuse of power
Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Toeyoursea(m): 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
CHANGE tongue

*runs out of nairaland before EFCC arrives*

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by condralbede(m): 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
Nah xo........Blve Arny is a strong confraternity,the col Dt promised to deal with him won't a thing,unlike police d cowbells
Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by alphamodel1(m): 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
Psychologically, Nigerians are still under military rule.

4 Likes

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Btruth: 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
Wahala! shocked
Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by menix(m): 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
if police is our friend.
Soldier must be our neighbor..

1 Like

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
I think any soldier dat batters a civilian shud b sent to d north east. Make them go flex muscle wit boko boys no b to come road dey form Terminator.

God help me d day I go beat one soldier

1 Like

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by nkowaputa(m): 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2016
I support the soldier. Most of these commercial drivers need serious beating. If I were a soldier I would have dealt with many of them uncountable. They are so reckless that they do whatever they like without blinking.
You can imagine he almost hit the soldier and did not know.
One scratched my car the other day at oshodi. They enter the road at will, stop anywhere at will. They literally do not know the road is shared.
I wish the soldier beat more of them. They need sense beaten into them.
Most traffic gridlock are caused by these miscreants.
Oh! I wish I were a soldier. God knows what I would have been doing.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
G
Re: Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) by Jediel1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
none of my choncern abeg fast forward to beta news.
Btw how did this reach front page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan's 57th Birthday Party (Photos And Video) / Boko Haram's Flag (Photo) / The Begining Of The End Of Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.