Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,959 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Help Solve Lollipop (5.0.2) Tethering Error - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Solve Lollipop (5.0.2) Tethering Error (630 Views)

6 Steps To Fix Bluetooth Problems On Android Lollipop Devices / Mtn Bbc Tethering / Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Solve Lollipop (5.0.2) Tethering Error by Deblow: 7:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
After upgrading my samsung galaxy S4 to 5.0.2 using the official firmware, and successfully rooting it, I have since discovered that the Internet tethering has stopped working. After setting the hotspot up on the s4, other phones and my laptop don't connect to it. They keep "finding the IP address " for eternity! But my note 3 running 4.4.2 tethers perfectly. Pls help me solve this issue.
Re: Help Solve Lollipop (5.0.2) Tethering Error by Aristotle96(m): 7:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
Deblow:
After upgrading my samsung galaxy S4 to 5.0.2 using the official firmware, and successfully rooting it, I have since discovered that the Internet tethering has stopped working. After setting the hotspot up on the s4, other phones and my laptop don't connect to it. They keep "finding the IP address " for eternity! But my note 3 running 4.4.2 tethers perfectly. Pls help me solve this issue.
try using a valid IP address probably DAT of ur 4.4.2 KitKat phone on it, den if it doesn't work search for a workable IP for ur version and try... Possibly the IP address has been null since d upgrade
Re: Help Solve Lollipop (5.0.2) Tethering Error by Deblow: 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
Aristotle96:
try using a valid IP address probably DAT of ur 4.4.2 KitKat phone on it, den if it doesn't work search for a workable IP for ur version and try... Possibly the IP address has been null since d upgrade

Thanks bro but where do I get the IP address and where do I input it?

(1) (Reply)

Marshmallow Andriod6.0 Ported To Infinix Hot Note 2 / Pls Who Has Used This Phone Oukitel K4000 I Need A Review / Your Android Device Now Fully Secured With Frp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.