Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

How To Make Front Page On Nairaland. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Make Front Page On Nairaland. (446 Views)

Hw Do U Feel Wen Ur Topic Mkes Front Page on nairaland Nd Do Nt Wen It Suppose? / How Your Posts Can Make Fronts Page On N18s Forum / Tips On How To Make Front Page On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Front Page On Nairaland. by akogun7(m): 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
lFront page is big deal on nairaland and you would almost think that there's a prize attached to making front page the way many nairalanders take it so personal. Here is some of the characteristics by my observations of the threads that often make it to front page.

1. WRITE A TRUE STORY FROM THE HEART
Trust me, an average nairalander knows when your story is real or fake. Irrespective of the grammatical blunders, a true story from the heart generates a lot of attentions. Tell the story of that guy who dumped you after 12 abortions, and before you know it, you are on front page.

2. ATTACH A LOT PICTURES.
When you see ten threads on front page, seven of them come with pictures especially in the jokes section, pictures go a long way. When the words are long gone the pictures linger on. Imagine a topic like " Cossy goes raunchy again" without pictures.

3. BREAK DOWN YOUR WRITEUP INTO A LIST OR SUBTOPICS.
Majority of the people on nairaland are either too lazy or busy to read long posts except the post is really intriguing. Nairalanders prefer threads that come in a list of 10s or 7s. Eg. 10 ways to know that your village witches are following you. Before you say Jack Robinson, you are out there.

4. QUOTE A RELIABLE SOURCE.
This is important when you are doing a ranking, sharing a breaking news, or talking about figures. Don't just tell us that there is free wife in Eritrea when you do not have a source to back it up.

5. TAKE A DIFFERENT STAND ON A CURRENT POPULAR POLITICAL ISSUE.
People get tired of reading the same thing in the news. so you could generate attention by telling us how you think Dasuki is innocent.

6. COPY THE MODERATORS.
A simple screaming of "cc: lalastica, seun, mukuna etc at the end of the write up could do the magic. And poof! and u are there.

7. ANIMALS
Post pictures of all the animals you have killed from rodents to alligators especially snakes, we love them on nairaland.

8. LIVE EVENTS
Carnivals, parties, commissioning, riots and protests, accidents, court cases, elections and things happening in your area all have spaces booked up for them on nairaland front page. Don't dull

9. CELEBRITIES.
Almost everything on celebrities make front page from how an actor buys a new wristwatch to how a singer goes braless to how one died and rose again( laise Jesu).

10. FEEL FREE TO ADD YOURS
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland. by phrancys001(m): 9:33pm On Feb 18, 2016
Will this bring back my 8k charged for stamp that i can't phantom how the stamping take concerned my bank account.
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland. by vkon2(m): 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
But I bet these won't make front page
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland. by vkon2(m): 9:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
But I bet these won't make front page.... But interesting sha
Re: How To Make Front Page On Nairaland. by Tyviv(f): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
Lol

(1) (Reply)

See Reasons Why City Dwellers Have To Pay So Much For Food / Swagsbabe.com || Photos: Actress Bukky Ajayi Wins Amvca's Merit Award / See Moment Leicester City Players Are Stopped From Entering Club By Bouncers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.