Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:42 AM

Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam (2204 Views)

Leaving A Positive Impact In Our Relationships. / Leaving Islam: From Belief To Enlightenment:the Treacherous And Arduous Path / Humble Opinion On Why Some Muslims Are Leaving Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by dorox(m): 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2016
This is a very touching documentary about the ordeals faced by some people who decided to leave islam. I doubt if any sane person will not condemn whoever wants to force their religion on another person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1lnxUXWGgE

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Seun(m): 11:20am On Sep 29, 2016
I'd like muslims to drop their comments after watching this video. Is it right to harass, torture or kill people who choose to change their religion?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by joseph1832(m): 11:45am On Sep 29, 2016
dorox:
This is a very touching documentary about the ordeals faced by some people who decided to leave islam. I doubt if any sane person will not condemn whoever wants to force their religion on another person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1lnxUXWGgE
Well this has been happening for a while now. Most of its unheard of.

However, people like Empiree and his croonies should have more to say about this.

2 Likes

Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by joseph1832(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2016
dorox:

What you said is quite often the case, but also irrelevant to the issue being discussed.
Tell me, how do drug dealers react when they discover their best customers have stopped using their drugs, or they've been taken to rehab?

1 Like

Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by hahn(m): 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
dorox:

What you said is quite often the case, but also irrelevant to the issue being discussed.

Really? My bad.

I just thought that since muslims feel that their religion is tolerant, only to find out that when they want to walk away from it they have just signed a death warrant is akin to someone being in chains he/she is not aware of.

Let me shut up then and read more reasonable comments

smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Empiree: 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
joseph1832:
Well this has been happening for a while now. Most of its unheard of.

However, people like Em.piree and his croonies should have more to say about this.
Propaganda. Anything else?

1 Like

Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Mubbyleey(m): 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
There is no compulsion in religion... And every muslims knows this.

One thing you guys needs to understand is "ISLAM IS PERFECT" but we muslims are not "PERFECT" We are human beings and we are prone to errors...

Islam doesn't teach this, this act is on the person torturing and he is responsible for his actions. So don't jugde this pertaining to islam.

He might not be normal sef, this could happen in any religion, but no religion preaches violence.
Hope you guys understand, peace...
Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Seun(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
Mubbyleey:
Islam doesn't teach this, this act is on the person torturing and he is responsible for his actions. So don't jugde this pertaining to islam.
Two questions:
1) What's your interpretation of this hadith: Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' " Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 260
2) Can you name any prominent Islamic scholar who supports your position that apostates must not be killed because there's no compulsion?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by tonyx4x44(m): 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
Seun:

Two questions:
1) What's your interpretation of this hadith: Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' " Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 260
2) Can you name any prominent Islamic scholar who supports your position that apostates must not be killed because there's no compulsion?

shocked

Evils. Religion is haram.
Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Empiree: 7:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
Seun:
I'd like muslims to drop their comments after watching this video. Is it right to harass, torture or kill people who choose to change their religion?

Seun:

Two questions:
I am sure we already discussed this in your previous thread. Dont know why keep brining this up though.

Let's assume the video is valid. Even if there is punishment for anyone simply for living Islam, ONLY govt has the right to carry about the punishment not hoodrats you see in the video. Can you at least agree to that?. Besides, we already discussed issue of apostasy. There is no need to bring it up.
Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Lagusta(m): 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2016
Seun:

Two questions:

shaykh Yusuf al-qaradawiy
Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Seun(m): 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2016
Lagusta:
shaykh Yusuf al-qaradawiy
"Yusuf al-Qaradawi, head of the Muslim Brotherhood and one of the most respected leaders of the Sunni world, recently said on Egyptian television, "If they [Muslims] had gotten rid of the punishment [often death] for apostasy, Islam would not exist today." The most striking thing about his statement, however, was that it was not an apology; it was a logical, proud justification for preserving the death penalty as a punishment for apostasy."
Source: https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3572/islam-apostasy-death

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huMu8ihDlVA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Lagusta(m): 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
Seun:
"Yusuf al-Qaradawi, head of the Muslim Brotherhood and one of the most respected leaders of the Sunni world, recently said on Egyptian television, "If they [Muslims] had gotten rid of the punishment [often death] for apostasy, Islam would not exist today." The most striking thing about his statement, however, was that it was not an apology; it was a logical, proud justification for preserving the death penalty as a punishment for apostasy."
Source: https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3572/islam-apostasy-death

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huMu8ihDlVA

Hmmm, quite funny that a sheikh who allows males to shake females is also supporting death penalty for apostates....

Anyway, I did some research too, and I found oit that the grant mufti of al-azhar, sheikh Ali gomaa disproves of the death penalty....

But the point is, following this or that sheikh doesn't make one a Muslim, but following what is in the Quran and the authentic Sunnah....

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Empiree: 4:32am On Sep 30, 2016
I am not gonna take Seun serious. He's basically cherry picking what suits him. It is well known and documented that punishment of apostasy is not entirely for renouncing Islam. It is more about treason. As for Sheikh's opinion that if apostasy law was not in place, Islam would have vanished. That's nothing but garbage. This is God's religion not any Sheikh.

That statement is FALSE and it is in conflict with reality. Today, Islam is over 1 billion adherents and all of them are forced into it?. shaking my head. Think Seun think..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by MakeWeTalk: 7:26am On Sep 30, 2016
[size=14pt]WHY I LEFT ISLAM[/size]

here is a write up of my thinking for leaving Islam

My Father is Muslim and my Mother is Christian.
Many atimes my father has beaten my mother and when we complain or my uncles on my mothers side complain my father replies

"You know I am a muslim man and follow the Quo'ran to the letter.
In Islam we are told to beat our wives if she mispleases us"

So I asked my father to explain what he said and he showed me the quo'ran that say's clearly you can beat your wife.

Qur'an (38:44) -
"And take in your hand a green branch
AND BEAT HER WITH IT,"

Qur'an (4:34) -
" Men are the maintainers of women because
Allah has made some of them to
....... BEAT THEM;

So I tried to comfort my mum, when she said "She will not encourage her daughters to marry a Muslim"
[/b]And I asked her why not and [b]she said in her Christianity men are commanded to LOVE THEIR WIVES NOT BEAT

Again I asked for proof and she showed me these in the bible which I checked.

Ephesians 5:25 (KJV)
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES,
even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Colossians 3:19
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES,
and
BE NOT BITTER AGAINST THEM.

These verses in the bible shocked me.

So brothers please tell me how come our quoran encourages beating our women while the Christians God & Bible says not to beat our wives,

I have even sought teachings on this and all the Imams teach you to beat your wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hcQTmcgkKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3b3TpKaly0?t=13s

This is worrying to me, as I wont want my sisters to be beaten by her husband.
So am I agreeing that my sisters should marry a Christian and not a muslim.?

Also why does your bible command you not to beat your wife, while our quoran commands us to beat our wives?

After doing my research I left Islam.

And can say one striking difference apart from loving your wife, is that Christians have a promise of salvation which muslims do not have.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved.

18 HE THAT BELIEVETH ON HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED:
BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT IS CONDEMNED ALREADY,
BECAUSE HE HATH NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

Even Mohammed is not promised salvation

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers,
NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

So comparing , you can see that Jesus is better.

1 Like

Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 30, 2016
Anything you see a muslim does and you're in doubt, the first thing you should ask ur sef or others is, is it in the Quran, sunnah(hadiths), in the sharia?! And if it is in it, you now ask what is the reason behind it, what are the scholarly opinion and so on. Don't just assume! Ask reasonable questions with pure heart/mind.
Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Seun(m): 8:32am On Sep 30, 2016
Lagusta:
Anyway, I did some research too, and I found out that the grant mufti of al-azhar, sheikh Ali gomaa disproves of the death penalty....
He was reported to have said the punishment for apostasy should be left to God, but he denied the statement shortly after it was reported.

But the point is, following this or that sheikh doesn't make one a Muslim, but following what is in the Quran and the authentic Sunnah...
Are you saying that the hadiths that support the death penalty for apostasy, especially the one I quoted above, are not authentic?
Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Femiwilli: 8:41am On Sep 30, 2016
Seun:

Amazing Seun, as an Atheist you don't fear allah but you fear his followers.
You never talk about islam the same way you mock Christianity & Jesus !

yet you demand people respect islam but mock Christianity at the drop of a hat!

INCREDIBLE!

Well one day, one day something that even muslims will agree will happen.

Jesus will comeback to judge the world.

I hope you can explain ur disrespect to Him!
Re: Rescuing Ex-muslims: Leaving Islam by Lagusta(m): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2016
Seun:

Are you saying that the hadiths that support the death penalty for apostasy, especially the one I quoted above, are not authentic?

I can't say.... After the Prophet's death some people who haven't even seen him started fabricating all sorts of stories about him....

In fact, the so-called sahih buhari and Muslim have a few weak and doubtful Hadith in them.....

Moreover, the Word of God prevails over all other Hadith....

"no compulsion in religion....." Q2:256

"unto you, your religion and unto me my religion" Q109:6

The issue of apostasy and it's punishment has really brought about lots of controversies. But the surest thing is that, on the Day of Judgement, we shall all know the true path.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Islam Views The Negro / Alhamdulilah For The Beautiful Gift Of Life. / Availability Of Halal Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.