Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,011 members, 7,859,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:38 PM

By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' (699 Views)

Baby Kissed By Pope, Beats Brain Tumour / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Pope Francis Meets With Nigerian Prostitutes Rescued In Italy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by abagram(m): 7:05am On Feb 19, 2016
Pope Francis has declared that presidential candidate Donald Trump is not a Christian because of strident views on immigration and his desire to build a wall on the Mexican border. Mr Trump has hit back and called the comments “shameful”.

The Reuters news agency said that the remarkable intervention from Francis came in a in a freewheeling conversation with reporters on his flight back from a visit to Mexico. Pope Francis was asked about Mr Trump and some of his statements, such as vowing to build a wall between the United States and Mexico if he becomes president.

“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,” the Pontiff said in answer to a specific question about mr Trump’s views. “This is not in the gospel.”
pope-francis.jpg
Pope Francis has spoke after a visit to Mexico.

Asked if American Catholics should vote for someone with Mr Trump’s views, Francis said: “I am not going to get involved in that. I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that. We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt.”

Mr Trump has worked hard to secure the support of evangelicals and conservative Christians as he has campaigned across the country. He released a campaign video in which appeared with what he said was his mother’s bible.

He also appeared at the christian Liberty University in Virginia, where he fluffed a reference to the bible but secured the support of the college’s president, Jerry Falwell, the son of the late preacher and activist Jerry Falwell Sr.
The Republican frontrunner, who has said he would deport millions of illegal migrants if he wins the November US election, last week he told Fox Business television that Pope Francis did not understand the Mexican border issues.

“The pope is a very political person. I think he doesn't understand the problems our country has. I don’t think he understands the danger of the open border that we have with Mexico,” he said.

On Thursday, Mr Trump immediately hit back and said the pope had failed to fully appreciate the issue.
“If and when the Vatican is attacked by Isis’s, which as everyone knows is Isis’s ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President because this would not have happened,” he said.

“For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. I am proud to be a Christian and as President I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened, unlike what is happening now, with our current President.”
Read more:http://www.abagram.com/2016/02/by-pope-francis-donald-trump-is-not.html

Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by divinehand2003(m): 7:09am On Feb 19, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
See another George Bush the fighter in the person of Donald the Trumpet is seeking to be president. Run for your dear lives o ye people of God.
Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by LordIsaac(m): 7:17am On Feb 19, 2016
Tor

1 Like

Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by Peritus(m): 7:22am On Feb 19, 2016
This should be set as JAMB question.
"Trump's divisive politics: the tact of preying on people's sentiments to achieve a selfish end. Discuss."
Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by Mjshexy(f): 7:23am On Feb 19, 2016
We know that already cheesy
Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by absoluteSuccess: 7:28am On Feb 19, 2016
Even Trump won't call himself a Christian I guess, though he might allude to 'our (America) Christian heritage'
Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 19, 2016
I Believe in Trump. But my fear with him is that we might experience another

WW3!! ( World War 3)
Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by porka: 8:46am On Feb 19, 2016
The same Pope Francis said he can't judge the homosexuals.

The same Pope Francis said dogs will go to heaven.

But Donald Trump is not a Christian because he wants to build a wall against the Mexicans to protect his country?‎

2 Likes

Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by true2god: 8:55am On Feb 19, 2016
I guess the Pope is not a Christian too. The same pope that cannot condemn gay marriage and evil. This is the worst pope in the history of catholism.
Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by porka: 9:06am On Feb 19, 2016
absoluteSuccess:
Even Trump won't call himself a Christian I guess, though he might allude to 'our (America) Christian heritage'

For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. I am proud to be a Christian...

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-response-to-the-pope

1 Like

Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by porka: 9:07am On Feb 19, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

DONALD J. TRUMP RESPONSE TO THE POPE

If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS’s ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President because this would not have happened. ISIS would have been eradicated unlike what is happening now with our all talk, no action politicians. 

The Mexican government and its leadership has made many disparaging remarks about me to the Pope, because they want to continue to rip off the United States, both on trade and at the border, and they understand I am totally wise to them. The Pope only heard one side of the story - he didn’t see the crime, the drug trafficking and the negative economic impact the current policies have on the United States. He doesn’t see how Mexican leadership is outsmarting President Obama and our leadership in every aspect of negotiation. 

For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. I am proud to be a Christian and as President I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened, unlike what is happening now, with our current President. No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man’s religion or faith. They are using the Pope as a pawn and they should be ashamed of themselves for doing so, especially when so many lives are involved and when illegal immigration is so rampant.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-response-to-the-pope

1 Like

Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by absoluteSuccess: 9:20am On Feb 19, 2016
porka:

DONALD J. TRUMP RESPONSE TO THE POPE

If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS’s ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President because this would not have happened. ISIS would have been eradicated unlike what is happening now with our all talk, no action politicians. 

The Mexican government and its leadership has made many disparaging remarks about me to the Pope, because they want to continue to rip off the United States, both on trade and at the border, and they understand I am totally wise to them. The Pope only heard one side of the story - he didn’t see the crime, the drug trafficking and the negative economic impact the current policies have on the United States. He doesn’t see how Mexican leadership is outsmarting President Obama and our leadership in every aspect of negotiation. 

For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. I am proud to be a Christian and as President I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened, unlike what is happening now, with our current President. No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man’s religion or faith. They are using the Pope as a pawn and they should be ashamed of themselves for doing so, especially when so many lives are involved and when illegal immigration is so rampant.

We have a crusader to watch out for as Christian then.

Pope, don't mess with the savior, it's disgraceful.

'I will look unto Capitol hills, from thence cometh my help.'
Re: By Pope Francis, Donald Trump Is 'not Christian' by PastorAIO: 11:14am On Feb 19, 2016
porka:

For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. I am proud to be a Christian...

Yet many of his cronies are happy to question Obama's faith.

(1) (Reply)

Deliverance By Holiness / Is This Type Of Girl In Your Church (photo) / Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Breaks Out With Fresh Scent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.