Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,058 members, 7,866,990 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:17 AM

Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu (697 Views)

BREAKING: Resign Now, Tinubu Tells Oyegun, APC National Chairman / Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors In Nigeria In 40 Years From Now – Tinubu / Why Saraki Must Resign Now – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by urbanmonk: 11:02am On Feb 19, 2016
National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu yesterday declared that in 40 years time some of Nigeria’s present youths can be governors, adding that for them to know little about the country “is a peril we cannot afford”.

While lamenting that Nigerian youths were no longer studying History in schools, he advised that the subjects should be restored to the nation’s educational curriculum.

Speaking at the launch of a book, “The Nigerian Century,” edited by a seasoned journalist, Dare Babarinsa, at the Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja, Tinubu regretted that foreign schools in the country were teaching young Nigerians the histories of foreign countries at the expense of the Nigerian history.

According to him, “Most youths don’t know Nigerian history and in 40 years, some of them could be governors. History should be restored to the school curriculum and this book (The Nigerian Century) should be available in all schools and Nigerian missions worldwide.”

The former Lagos governor observed that Nigeria was grasping with the challenges of change, but argued that through history, the country could learn how she got to its current position and the way out.

DailyPost Nigeria
http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/19/nigerian-youths-can-be-governors-40-years-from-now-tinubu/
Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by fromnigeria(m): 11:07am On Feb 19, 2016
okay
Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by derrick333(m): 11:10am On Feb 19, 2016
Bcus by den una go don die
Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by ajebuter(f): 11:12am On Feb 19, 2016
Good talk Mr. Tinubu

40 years from now when the likes of Omenka, NgeneUkwenu, Passingshot, Beremx, Gbawe, Demdem, would have run out of lies and ideas to defend APC? When they would be practically in their diapers... grin grin grin grin

Oya, APC warriors, your chairman has spoken oh

He even subtly called you 'ignorants'.. chai.. grin grin grin grin grin

So, wait another 40 years before you bring you cutleries to 'chop' national 'yam"

Honestly, APC is downright comical and funny

For the first time, I'm glad they won the elections thereby giving me something to laugh about....

And yeah, we love you too grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

CC
firefire, tuniski, anonimi, barcanista, ajepako, APClyingbastard, Temitemi, mogidi, ...gbogbo ile, e wa gbo tuntun oh grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by ckmayoca: 11:13am On Feb 19, 2016
Simply means nigerian youth for governors are yet to be born. All we have now are bunch of sentimental and bias mofoz. Good talk jagaban.
Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by Destined2win: 11:15am On Feb 19, 2016
Somebody tell Tinubu that I am coming like a bulldozer to crush opposition with ideas and beneficial innovation, to erect a new nation where peace, abundance, fairness and equity will reign!

So Help Me God!
Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by obasiken: 11:18am On Feb 19, 2016
I dont blame the former governor. I blame the youths who still follow and hail such politicians. The same set of youths went ahead to bringing back an 80 yrs old dictator and coup plotter.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by phemmie06(m): 11:23am On Feb 19, 2016
I hope I get this right , which Nigeria youth will still remain youth in 40 years to come
Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by ajebuter(f): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2016
phemmie06:
I hope I get this right , which Nigeria youth will still remain youth in 40 years to come

Femi, so, even you find the idea of your grand chairman comical?

I dey laugh oh....

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by Bishops10(m): 11:29am On Feb 19, 2016
Is this man High on weed?

40years I will be in my early 60's and I will still be forming youth right?

Maybe he thinks everybody is Charley Boy undecided
Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by Iroh88(m): 11:31am On Feb 19, 2016
Oops. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by phemmie06(m): 11:33am On Feb 19, 2016
ajebuter:

Femi, so, even you find the idea of your grand chairman comical?

I dey laugh oh....

grin grin grin
I thought I get the message wrong. BTW I am representing justice irrespective of the tribe.
Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by aventura: 11:37am On Feb 19, 2016
Who is a youth? Someone above the age of 18 and below 30. So in 40 years a governor should be between the ages of 58 and 70 according to the Jagaban. But you cant blame him when we have grand pa's as president ministers governors and senator. My advice to every youth thisday is to think of what he can do for himself and not what this givernment can do for him/her.
Re: Nigerian Youths Can Be Governors 40 Years From Now - Tinubu by fyneguy: 11:44am On Feb 19, 2016
Wrong topic

(1) (Reply)

13-year-old Girl Kidnapped In Bayelsa Forced To Join Islam / Things Have Really Changed Since The Emergence Of The Change Government. / Ex-president Olusegun Obansanjo Sent Me A Friend Request On Face Book...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.