Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! (4509 Views)

Yahaya Bello Builds A Mansion In Okene, Converts Street Entrance To Private Gate / Osinbajo, Fashola And Ambode At Dangote Refinery In Lagos / Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by investnow2013: 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
Integrated Oil and Gas Ltd an indigenous company located in lagos has been given initial license to commence preliminary work for a 20,000 capacity modular refinery in one of the islands on the coast of Lagos.
Capt. Emmanuel Ihenacho, Chief Executive Officer, CEO, of the company revealed on Thursday that the refinery is expected to gulp between $75 – $250 million. He also added that his company has gotten preliminary approval from the Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, and has commenced work on the Environmental Impact Assessment, EIA. He explained that the company is working on other necessary requirements needed before the final approval for the refinery can be granted. He described the process leading to the final licensing for the project as a “continuous” one which is given in stages, saying that he intends to get funding for the project from both foreign and local banks. According to him, “If you go to the DPR website you will see all the terms and conditions for granting of refinery licenses. The DPR gives you license in stages, it gives you license to establish, license to construct and after that it gives you license to operate. “DPR would not sit down and say let us go and do an EIA and after that they will give you license. They give you license based on the technology that is used for refining and your ability to give them very good presentation on that subject before they say alright go and start it.” He also noted if the refinery is constructed without the capacity to produce Petroleum Motor Spirit, PMS, Automated Gas Oil, AGO and the like, the cost would be around $75 million (N25.8 billion), whereas if those components are included, the cost would be around $200 million (N69 billion). Ihenacho also said that several meetings have been held between the company’s management and the traditional rulers (about 16 Baales) around the area, with a view to having the consent of the host communities.
Cc:Omambala dot com

1 Like

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by investnow2013: 12:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
The IMO governor is still looking for investors from Overseas why Imo Citizens are busy investing billions outside Imo State!.What will you call this?

7 Likes

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by investnow2013: 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
Chukwu biko zoputa ndi umu nwanne anyi na agbu ekele State ahu!.

1 Like

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by fiftynaira(m): 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ujoatu come see what ur Oga needs to attract not turkey trips
We were duped
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by Femich18(m): 12:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
Nice development ..I hope my SE brodas won't come and condemn his act. I'm just glad and hope more of this take place in ds country of ours as ds will fast-track our development...Pls we need more of ds in d SW

5 Likes

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by investnow2013: 1:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
A great State have been turned into a laughing stock by a Charlatan called Governor!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by sirade(m): 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
investnow2013:
The IMO governor is still looking for investors from Overseas why Imo Citizens are investing billions outside Imo State!.What will you call this?

i share your sentiment.
Imo indigenes are fond of investing outside their state.

Majority of Igbos that have investment outside their state are Igbo especially Orlu indigenes

Instead of investing in Imo state they prefer building residential houses, filing station and hotels in owerri and environ.

And this adversely effect the IGR of the state.

Come to Mowe, Ogun state and see a giant facility and industry owned by Finlab an Orlu man you will weep for Imo state.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by investnow2013: 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
sirade:

i share your sentiment.

Majority of Igbos that have investment outside their state are Igbo especially Orlu indigenes

Instead of investing in Imo state they prefer building residential houses, filing station and hotels in owerri and environ.

Come to Mowe, Ogun state and see a giant facility and industry owned by Finlab an Orlu man you will weep for Imo state.
Imo must do something about this quickly maka ife madu ibu nke onye ozo!!!!
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by Flexherbal(m): 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
Everybody should home and invest
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by slimfit1(m): 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
This is what happens when you blow up pipe lines kidnap workers scares investors .

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by hrworld: 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
You see the reason why everyone should stop this IPOD protest? These people will never support the idea because there are businesses here and there. The innocent poor people will continue to suffer in that protest.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by Vicboi1(m): 2:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
What do u expect when the governor that can not give a conducive environment to the investors what investors needs are good road infrastructure and a good working environment but Imo governor as a bastard as he is he us only interested in money he doesn't care for the state every time he is always travelling from one place to another without anything to show I wish he dies there
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by biafranbaby(m): 2:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
investnow2013:
The IMO governor is still looking for investors from Overseas why Imo Citizens are investing billions outside Imo State!.What will you call this?

zoology
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by investnow2013: 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
Schematics:
What is your business with imo state and where it's people decides to invest? Learn to mind your business.

Anyi nile bu ofu!.O dili ha mma, O dilikwa anyi nile mma!. Udo dili ndi Igbo nile!.

1 Like

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by wheredemdey: 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
What is wrong with the OP??

Lagos is home for all...belongs to us all...vuilt by everybody...inhabited by all.....the economic proceeds that comes from Lagos belongs to us all...so what is jupiters co.ock is the OP yapping about

2 Likes

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by Dirkcoyt: 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
We need this a lot in sw, irrespective of the tribe or race please come and invest in south west, we are peaceful welcoming and team players.

I love my region, I'm obsessed about the progress of my region, two things I advocate for from Southwest leaders are joint electrification and fast rail networks that can connect the whole states together cause this will spread development all round to the hinterlands of southwest, they will benefit from lagos developmental pace as ogun state is benefitting from her.

In this way we will have a full develop region, with solid infrastructures where infrastructure alone can generate revenue to the region as obtain in dubai, by then, I won't mind the influx of migration to my region cause the more the population the more the wealth, just organizing them the more.

Investors from east north south and the world are welcome.

I would love the FG join the okuns in kogi west to kwara and the nupes to unite their brothers in niger, note; they will all retain lands just under different government hence no contraditction of ideas due to difference in ethnicity of a single state.

This will make the yoruba states 7, I love my region,proud of my region. Our region your investment. Nigeria we hail thee!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by Sant1m: 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
Vicboi1:
What do u expect when the governor that can not give a conducive environment to the investors what investors needs are good road infrastructure and a good working environment but Imo governor as a bastard as he is he us only interested in money he doesn't care for the state every time he is always travelling from one place to another without anything to show I wish he dies there
This is why i hate this Ipob shit, your sentiment against Rochas show its a movement because Pdp lost an election. You like it or not Rochas is the best Gov outside Mbakwe, he is massively developing the state beyond what your mentors did. Iheanacho built or is building his factory in where he wants and never because of Rochas and you know it. Take your hate infested life somewhere.

7 Likes

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
its easy, they knw we are more friendly and won't kidnap their family!

we will not scream and fight for our sons to be employed into higher offices by force despite knowing they lack the education and qualification for it!

we will not tell them to vacate our land just for the fun of it..

but we will not fold our hands and collect money in lieu of land degradation?

we will not turn away protests for cash if our soul is polluted.

we will set up local refineries and degrade our soils just for greed.

whatever u sow, u must reap na

we knw get mouth, but we get sense.

10 Likes

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by patrick89(m): 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
There is refinery that is nearing completion in anambra state! We didn't build it in lagos! Excel farm corch farm etc are all in anambra state
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by patrick89(m): 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
To think this idiot wanted to be the governor!! Youwilll perish someeday!!
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by Masterclass32: 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
And we keep talking about the economic advancement of the south east. How do we achieve it if we all invest outside? Just like that Anambra man that built a tomato paste factory in the same lagos. Its unfortunate.
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by Vicboi1(m): 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sant1m:
This is why i hate this Ipob shit, your sentiment against Rochas show its a movement because Pdp lost an election. You like it or not Rochas is the best Gov outside Mbakwe, he is massively developing the state beyond what your mentors did. Iheanacho built or is building his factory in where he wants and never because of Rochas and you know it. Take your hate infested life somewhere.
best for u don't try to mention this outside ohh and ps am in support or ipob or pdp
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by obailala(m): 5:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
Vicboi1:
Did you just blame Rochas for Iheanacho siting his investment outside Imo state? shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by tinkinjow: 6:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
He also noted if the refinery is constructed without the capacity to produce Petroleum Motor Spirit, PMS, Automated Gas Oil, AGO and the like, the cost would be around $75 million (N25.8 billion), whereas if those components are included, the cost would be around $200 million (N69 billion).

Please what product will the one of $75m b producing?
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by mrMeen(m): 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
chus na thier wahala be that i no be intrested in all this things sha but god will help them
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by chinchum(m): 6:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
tinkinjow:
He also noted if the refinery is constructed without the capacity to produce Petroleum Motor Spirit, PMS, Automated Gas Oil, AGO and the like, the cost would be around $75 million (N25.8 billion), whereas if those components are included, the cost would be around $200 million (N69 billion).

Please what product will the one of $75m b producing?
petrochemicals

1 Like

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by igwe123: 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Imo need APGA now
Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by omonnakoda: 7:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
I hate hearing all these boastful

TO TO TO TO stories.

Please wake me up when the refinery is built. We have been hearing of Fourth Mainlan Bridge since nothing on ground.
Is it by mouth you build refinery?

1 Like

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by Beremx(f): 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
Erisco foods owned by an Anambra man has built a tomato paste factory in Lagos. investnow2013, what do you say about that? How is it Rochas fault that Iheanacho decides to locate his refinery in Lagos instead of Imo?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by omonnakoda: 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Beremx:
Erisco foods owned by an Anambra man has built a tomato paste factory in Lagos. investnow2013, what do you say about that? How is it Rochas fault that Iheanacho decides to locate his refinery in Lagos instead of Imo?
When Erisco started building no noise .That is hat we want to hear com com com commissioning not to to to to

1 Like

Re: Imo State's Lack Of Industries Continues As Onye Imo Builds A Refinery In Lagos! by discusant: 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2016
sirade:

i share your sentiment.

Orlu people run away from Orlu because in Orlu area, there is no government infrastructures to sustain good living and industries - no university for a population of about 2 million youths, no pipe-borne water, no good roads, etc.

Orlu politicians are the most apolitical in Africa. Every year, they shout Orlu zone, use it to contest political offices, when they win, they retire to their posh houses and hotels in Owerri, they build factories outside their homes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Are The So Called Politicians That Demanded Sex Tape From This Girls. / President Buhari Arrested In London / Foreign Fulani Herdsmen Planning To Overrun South West -Gen Togun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.