Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” (27428 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Nigerians On Twitter Blast Onyeka Onwenu Over The Way She Greeted Buhari (pics) / Photos: Onyeka Onwenu Meets Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by saintandsinnerz: 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
Iroh88:
Still find it hard to believe she actually said those words honestly. An educated woman like her
What words please?
Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by cashful(m): 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
demarc001:
But to be realistic, I don't think the woman is just saying her tribe was why she was sacked, even reading through it I didn't see where she stated it clearly that she was sacked because of her tribe. Me think She only used the opportunity of her being sacked to explain the tribal war she was facing all along.
Considering she was not the only one sacked and its a new government now "No sane person will come out and say her sack was due to her tribe"
I agree with you and others who have taken this stand.

The caption of the newspapers/blogs is what most people are using to castigate her.

She never mentioned she was sacked cause of her tribe, nor did she mention the president's name as a reason for her sack.

Her major point, was what she faced/experienced while in service.

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Sainttops(m): 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
adajiboyy:
U are a big fool freeze.I was born in the north, those abokis don't care about any other tribes but dem self.my anty house was razed down in maiduguri bkus she is from benue.I love hausas,I have hausas as friends,I have ate there meals,I ate tuwa shinkafa,mayin keda,masa.yes there are good and wonderful hausas but 80% of the abokis are tribalistic.dey would kal d ibos nd other languages inyamiri,and the moment they notice u are about to grow or take the lead in there enviroument they would say semu ne(its how's) they would do everyfin to bring u down.I read that onyeka's intaview and I no wat she meant cus I have felt it also.onyeka is a beta nigerian than u ar 100 million times freeze her songs has mend many broken heart.ur own no pass to dey show watch for twitter and instagram like small pikin.

Bros shut up and stop inciting violence. In what way was her sack tribalistic? let's apply some common sense even though it isn't common.

3 Likes

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Abugab(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
adajiboyy:
U are a big fool freeze.I was born in the north, those abokis don't care about any other tribes but dem self.my anty house was razed down in maiduguri bkus she is from benue.I love hausas,I have hausas as friends,I have ate there meals,I ate tuwa shinkafa,mayin keda,masa.yes there are good and wonderful hausas but 80% of the abokis are tribalistic.dey would kal d ibos nd other languages inyamiri,and the moment they notice u are about to grow or take the lead in there enviroument they would say semu ne(its how's) they would do everyfin to bring u down.I read that onyeka's intaview and I no wat she meant cus I have felt it also.onyeka is a beta nigerian than u ar 100 million times freeze her songs has mend many broken heart.ur own no pass to dey show watch for twitter and instagram like small pikin.

Must you insult him to make your point?
I lived up North and from Niger Delta and what you said about Northerners is not entirely true. Same is applicable in the South and that is what Onyeka just showed too.
If the country goes into war who will be thinking of power? Freeze is right

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by pastormellanby: 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
I can see the way Nigerians do think, is it onlyIgbo's that were sacked, if anything happens in Lagos dey will say, it is targeted at Igbo, if it happens for their own state they won't blame their government, since the beginning of this administration, the only thing that I see here is that they are marginalizing Igbo's , I think most IPOB youths are educated illiterates, new governments comes with new people, people from other tribes were also sacked but they didn't come out to say it is because they are from so so particular let us reason like a sensible person.

4 Likes

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
WHEN THEY ARE SHARING THE MONEY AND FIGHTING DIRTY OVER SHARING FORMULA,THERE WAS NO ANTI IGBO AGENDA.IF TRUE,WHY WAIT TILL WHEN YOU GOT THE BOOT.

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by inme: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
Freeze? Who be Freeze? Better people dey talk dis Useless Albino sef dey talk. Wetin dis mumu don contribute to dis Country?
Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2016
TeamSimple:

They won't allow you folks grow because of your land claiming abilities. When you give a igbo man a loaf of bread,he will come back and claim he owns the bakery.

That's where you are wrong! When you give an Igbo man a loaf of bread, he eats half of it, and then dissects the other half and pinpoints the cons of the bread and then steps into action to bake a sweeter bread to the chagrin and envy of the other bread giver! That is what is known as business strategy and that is what makes us thick and excel in every thing we do!! The igbo man wants to diversify while the others are just contented with their myopic life (i mentioned no tribe...examine your people to know if they appropriately fit)

NB; no tribe is more tribalistic than you igbos,because you folks are always quick to play the victim card and reject all forms of ownership on your soil by other tribes.

Oh really! The last time i checked, the Monarch who threatened a tribe with drowning in the Lagoon was not an Igbo Traditional Ruler...Have you ever heard of any Igbo Trad ruler or politician publicly berate another tribe?

There was a demonstration and outcry that IGBO should leave Lagos! Where has there been a demonstration that non-indigenes from other tribes should leave any South East State?

NB: I did not mention any tribe's name though i know which one you come from and all these points are pointed directly to your tribesmen who are well known Tribal Bigots!
Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
adajiboyy:
Is that why you refer to him as big fool?

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by kokoA(m): 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
adajiboyy:
**** Thesame Onyeka that sang everybody into believing Abacha was the best thing to have ever happened to Nigeria, thesame Onyeka that was all around Obasanjo, telling the whole world that Obasanjo is the father of modern Nigeria, thesame Onyeka that literally worshiped GEJ, thesame Onyeka who ran to bend for Baba Buhari even before the man could park into Aso villa. Iiisssshhh! She's just a money chasing, attention seeking woman. Good singer, bad character.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by gwales: 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
adajiboyy:
these your writeup is not making any sense, was she the only one sacked or are there not hausas among the people relieve No tribe in Nigeria have the monopoly of hatred. All tribes participate in it and the igbos you are trying hard to defend hate even themselves not to talk of the hatred they have for hausa fulani

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
STFU.......You are still not making sense..

lawanson44:

Oya...why not make sense yourself!

Oh...i forgot...you can't! Stfu is the only thing you learnt in your abysmal life! undecided
Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
adajiboyy:
this trash u dropped makes no sense considering the fact that there is none amongst our three shameless major tribes that is free of this disease called tribalism! Am from d SS and did my youth service in the east and currently living in d SW! Had a taste of what it means to be a non ibo living in d east and currently grappling wit same prob, though to a far lesser degree, in d SW! U claim that northernans hate foriengners yet ibos cannot do without d north! Moreover Abj where she had her encounter is a place of mixed dwellers and as such it is wrong for your aspersions to be directed at a particular tribe!

2 Likes

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Caseless: 3:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
demarc001:
But to be realistic, I don't think the woman is just saying her tribe was why she was sacked, even reading through it I didn't see where she stated it clearly that she was sacked because of her tribe. Me think She only used the opportunity of her being sacked to explain the tribal war she was facing all along.
Considering she was not the only one sacked and its a new government now "No sane person will come out and say her sack was due to her tribe"
was she d only one that was sacked? Have you checked the statement of Paul orhi of NAFDAC who was sacked while on an official duty? Onyeka went too far.

2 Likes

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
Caseless:
shut up, you donkey. What you ate in the north, you can't even write the names correctly. You are a cow and a big liar.

Very poor in writing...
jesusssss lolssss am trending on nairaland oooooo.hahahahahahhaha.u called me a cow wow.ok but mate am no liar.but its all good.am so matured and I won't exchange words wit a total stranger.do have a lovely day.

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by babafirst(m): 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
ogbiwa:
@OAP Freeze why then was she sacked? It wasnt mentioned in your post (except i missed it and that was reason i read through looking for it)
So kindly throw light on that sir. Tenk
Very very simple,let me help Freeze to reply you.....'the same reason Sola Omole,Ibrahim Mayaki,Mike Omeri,Asabe Asmau Ahmed,Juliet Ngozi Olejie,Bamanga Tukur and co were sacked' (In summary,any other reason apart from Tribalism)

2 Likes

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Awaja(m): 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
The two pictures speaks volume!

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
Snipes009:
STFU.......You are still not making sense..

Even your parents have given up on you! SMH undecided
Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Akious2k2(m): 4:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
OJUcrook:
It is impossible for these people to forfeit the victim mentality and persecution complex that is deeply ingrained in their psyche. They find it convenient to always blame others for their self inflicted woes. It reminds me of the market that was demolished in Lagos few weeks ago. Despite the fact that the owner of stalls in that market cut across all tribes, these people were the only one that attached tribal interpretation to the demolition. ''They are marginalising us, they hate us, they are jealous of us, they are envious of us''

Just as someone asked yesterday, what was onyeka onwenu's achievement as the DG of the NCWD? Most people didnt even know she held that position until she was sacked. Instead of her to higlight her gains at the helm of affairs in the organisation, she restorted to the usual victim card
I never knew as u rightly said o

2 Likes

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
HungerBAD:
Onyeka Onwenu is cry baby.

An opportunistic cry baby i have no respect for.

Some years ago, she wanted to contest to be the Chairperson of Ideato North Local Government Area of Imo State. and when the party did not pick her, she went into town saying she was not picked because everybody wanted to Sleep with her.

This is a woman who has two kids, for two different married men, and wants to claim to be holier than thou, she should just go and sit down and not play the Ibo race card.

She reminds me of a friend of mine, who blames everybody for anything that happens to him, except himself. Onyeka Onwenu should check herself very well.

She has gradually become a laughing stock.

Thank you so much. You have said it all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by obailala(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
yommyss01:
Where were you when igbos ( mostly them ) were busy twisting the words of PMB?

So it pains now when it is done to an igbo?
Sometimes we need to separate politics from the overly sensitive topic of tribe and ethnic division. Aren't you already tired of the backwardness which ethnic division brings to Nigeria?
Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by switchmax8: 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
i am in full support of freeze's comment i am neither a yoruba nor hausa.onyeka onwenu and her types uses ethnic sentiment to climb to the top.when she was in one million march for abacha there was nothing like because she was ibo but now that the present govt has no pie for her she complained of ethnicity i do not know when our youth will start thinking that this people are there for themself

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by faaz24: 4:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
HungerBAD:
Onyeka Onwenu is cry baby.

This is a woman who has two kids, for two different married men,
KAI ! ....why nw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by aalangel(f): 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
It's a pity that my dear colleague Freeze is part of the great percentage of Nigerians that don't read properly. He picked a stupid News Bar and he's running with it.

Now i don't pity you for what Basket mouth told you.
Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Jacks14: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
adajiboyy:
oboy u are a beutiful liar,so people of maiduguri na hausa abi...jobless is a disease,lazy ass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by charlesucheh(m): 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
The Onyeka in public is different from the one in her private chambers....not trying to be harsh, but I feel onyeka is too rogue like to be what people will call a woman activist.....Rubbish, I've got facts about her and not that am just spitting out these things for comment sake....

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Seun360(m): 6:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
blackpanda:

You can make a good point without abusing anybody. Be courteous and civil.
Oh and btw, onyeka is a great musician but also a green snake, sliding its way into every govt. Who can forget her fight with mama G last yearover who has access to the 1st lady. She has only one agenda in her mind: personal enrichment at all cost!

Remind them o.

1 Like

Re: Freeze To Onyeka Onwenu: Face Your Issue, You Were Not Sacked For Being Igbo!” by Seun360(m): 6:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
aalangel:
It's a pity that my dear colleague Freeze is part of the great percentage of Nigerians that don't read properly. He picked a stupid News Bar and he's running with it.

Now i don't pity you for what Basket mouth told you.

Basket get mouth, you must be joking right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crude Oil Discovered In Borno State....... FG / Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Meets With Osinbajo (Photos) / PDP, ADC, SDP, 35 Parties Hold Alliance Talks To Oust Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.