Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today (640 Views)

My Encounter With A GTB Staff / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today by givemetoto(m): 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
I received the text below from phone number 07037198374.

Please read.
Dear Customer,Due to the BVN validation in compliance with CBN bank directives, your ATM card has been De_activated call our help line on 08135612171 now.
I promptly called the guy and below is the abridged version of our conversation.
Me: Hello sir, you just sent me a text message.
The Man: oh my God, you just received our message and you called! So you're affected by the BVN problem?
Me: you said my ATM is deactivated?
The man: which bank are you using?
Me: Which of my ATM is deactivated?
The Man: Which bank are you using?
Me: You deactivated my ATM so you know which one you deactivated.
The Man: OK, you are using First Bank?
Me: No sir, I don't use them.
The Man: Oh my God it is Access bank.
Me: Sorry Sir, I don't use Access.
The Man. What of GTB
Me: No sir, I actually use Unity bank. You know it was formally Bank of the North.
The Man. Ohhhhh. Unity has been having problems. What's your account number?
Me: I don't know, can't remember off hand. I have about 5 bank accounts.
The Man: Take out your ATM let me check my system for you.
Me: Which bank are you working with?
The Man: CBN
Me: Sir, I don't have account with the CBN.
The Man: We are the head of all banks in Nigeria. We control banks from our office.
Me: What's your name sir.
The Man: Ahhhhh mmmmm John. Which ATM do you have with you now?
Me. The one your father gave me.
The man: My father?
Me: Yes, your lazy father that gave birth to a petty thief. Go and look for work.
The line went dead. But I was not done yet. So I called him back.
The Man: Hello.
Me: I am not done with you yet. don't hang your phone on me. I will surely castrate you. You can't speak good English and you're working with the CBN.
The man: Your father!!!!
The phone went off and was switched off too.
Kindly warn your friends not to disclose their banking details to anybody on the phone. It could save a life.
Pls. Share.
Beware of 419....................

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today by givemetoto(m): 2:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
Re: ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today by HungerBAD: 2:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
Lol

1 Like

Re: ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
True, my friend had an encounter with somebody like this the other day. Blame it on joblessness, smh
Re: ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today by demosoft: 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
angry angry angry
Re: ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today by AmeLonRo(m): 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
I got similar messages in my email but it was from EFCC. They said there were some funny, etc transactions on my account. I knew my account had minimum balance most months so I asked the sender how come EFCC send email and not letter or physical presence to arrest as we see/hear all over the news.

Let us be careful!
Re: ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today by roqrules04(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2016
Everybody hustling by all means.. na wa o
Re: ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today by kennyman2000(m): 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
Very hilarious.
Re: ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today by Emmanuelzod(m): 10:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
Cc: Lalasticlala, Please. do the needful and send this where it belongs...
Re: ALERT!!! My Encounter With A CBN Scammer Today by eHandbags(f): 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
Interesting conversation. People like that should be tracked and arrested.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Convert Airtime To Real Cash / Video! Funny Drama At Gtbank Over ATM Card / Driver Needed In Benin For A Hire Purchase Audi 80

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.