Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

You Have Sacked Yourselves, Osun Govt Tells Striking Doctors. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Have Sacked Yourselves, Osun Govt Tells Striking Doctors. (455 Views)

FG Sacks Striking Doctors / I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers / Present Your Pry Sch Certificate Before Getting Salaries-osun Govt Tells Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Have Sacked Yourselves, Osun Govt Tells Striking Doctors. by Easy023(m): 7:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
Osun State government, on Friday said for abandoning their duty posts for over six months, striking doctors in the state public health sector have automatically sacked themselves.
It affirmed that it was invoking civil service rule that says whoever shuns his or her duty post for a certain period is deemed to have resigned.
Addressing a press conference yesterday, the chairman, Osun Stats Special Committee on Health, Dr. Simeon Afolayan contended that the doctors' demands were higher than what the state could afford financially.
According to him, doctors in the employment of the State Ministry of Health and Hospital Management Board, are less than 100, saying "government could not because of the number, and in the face of dwindling resources, accruable from the Federation Account, use all its resources to pay only them".
While explaining that the doctors were duly represented in the revenue sharing committee headed by veteran labour leader, Comrade Hassan Sunmonu, Afolayan averred that the committee had been determining the percentage going into the payment of salaries.
He stated, "40,000 workforce agreed that the state should take tough decision when it was clear the state's finances was down. This led to the payment of modulated salaries to workers.
"Government cannot pay full salary to doctors when others are receiving modulated salary. While we recognize that the doctors are rendering essential services, we must not also risk irking other workers, who are on modulated salaries.
"For 11 months, they have been on strike, yet they were being paid salaries. They got paid till September last year. In civil service, you cannot abandon your duty post for 6 months without your action being considered as resignation.
"This civil service rule has taken effect. Government cannot encourage lawlessness. Their (doctors) role is significant but their number is insignificant among workforce in the state. The fact that for 11 months, doctors did not work and yet the state's healthcare services are still functioning calls to question their relevance.

1 Like

Re: You Have Sacked Yourselves, Osun Govt Tells Striking Doctors. by Easy023(m): 7:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
Re: You Have Sacked Yourselves, Osun Govt Tells Striking Doctors. by Elosky20: 7:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
Pay us allowee o, Pay us allowee o, Make we de go !!!!.
Pay us allowee o, Pay us allowee o, Make we de go !!!.

1 Like

Re: You Have Sacked Yourselves, Osun Govt Tells Striking Doctors. by eyeview: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
Infact,brethren,let us pray!

Repeat after me!

My Faaatherr! My Faaatherr!

Everybody! Who worked for the victory of this APC government!

What are you waiting for?!

Oya! Fall down and die!

Die! Die! Die
Re: You Have Sacked Yourselves, Osun Govt Tells Striking Doctors. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
Lol
Re: You Have Sacked Yourselves, Osun Govt Tells Striking Doctors. by ziccoit: 7:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
Brb
Re: You Have Sacked Yourselves, Osun Govt Tells Striking Doctors. by SolexxBarry(m): 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
Lol,what's d essence of working when there's no pay

(1) (Reply)

Don't Blame Buhari On Dollar Rising When... / 'I Won’t Pay N5,000 To Unemployed Youths'- President Buhari / Nigerian Children Special, Says Iara Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.