Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently (8090 Views)

₦1.6Trillion: Inside Hotel With The World’s Most Incredible Pool In Singapore / Nigerians In Singapore Urgent Help From You / New Visa Rules To Work And Study In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by damostic2005: 7:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
Goodevening everyone..please is it okay to work and further ones education in Singapore as a Nigerian? What are the steps to get a visa/work permit, and how much will it cost to get the visa..Nigerians over there, how are you guys coping? What are the citizens like? Please I need candid opinions,comments and informations...thank you very much!!
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by Davidson5(m): 12:58am On Feb 20, 2016
I don't know much about studying in Singapore, but I can assure you it's pretty expensive country to study and live. They have a very high standard of living there. You should do some digging yourself.
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by damostic2005: 8:32am On Feb 20, 2016
Thanks a lot...so I heard..I'm still gathering informations...
Davidson5:
I don't know much about studying in Singapore, but I can assure you it's pretty expensive country to study and live. They have a very high standard of living there. You should do some digging yourself.
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by OTZgh(m): 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
angryBeen to Singapore severaly from Ghana being a seaman and I tell you its not an easy place to even enter.A very expensive country with a higher standard of living. They really don't treat West Africans cute refferring to our ecowas passport as 'the green leaves'. I personally witnessed yr two Ghanaians,two Nigerians and a south African denied entry at the airport based on the immigration officer on duty's discretion only and sometimes end advanced countries such as Ireland and UK,(witnessed).Ofcourse I went there with a work permit from the shipping company so I gotta little freedom and don't fear so much going everytime.Singapore is a delicious place where workers earn decently but not easy to get there. No hustling there please! channel that to the States and other western countries as well as schooling,its super expensive. ask any question and will gladly assist you -OTZ.

4 Likes

Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
OTZgh:
angryBeen to Singapore severaly from Ghana being a seaman and I tell you its not an easy place to even enter.A very expensive country with a higher standard of living. They really don't treat West Africans cute refferring to our ecowas passport as 'the green leaves'. I personally witnessed yr two Ghanaians,two Nigerians and a south African denied entry at the airport based on the immigration officer on duty's discretion only and sometimes end advanced countries such as Ireland and UK,(witnessed).Ofcourse I went there with a work permit from the shipping company so I gotta little freedom and don't fear so much going everytime.Singapore is a delicious place where workers earn decently but not easy to get there. No hustling there please! channel that to the States and other western countries as well as schooling,its super expensive. ask any question and will gladly assist you -OTZ.
And after schooling you have to go back to your country. Nothing like a post graduate work visa. You have 2 months to leave after studies. It's not worth it at all. Why not try north America or canada. If you love Asia, Japan isn't a bad choice but you must be willing to learn a new language.

1 Like

Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by OTZgh(m): 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
Yea people planning trips to S'pore should rather check the Americas and where else or Japan preferably not Singapore, unless for visits and pleasure otherwise,you will be always be hot inside that cool -coldcountry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by Thecla4(f): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
Goodevening all,
Pls I intend traveling to Singapore to attend a conference. Pls I need relevant information to get the visa. Thanks
Pls OTZgh come ooo
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by charles2468(m): 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2019
ifyalways:

PR takes nothing less than 3 years because you have to submit 3 years income tax.

Waiter job in Singapore? Likely scam.

@ifyalways I will like to share something with you, so you can view it n confirm it OK, b4 I venture into it, kindly reply my pm
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by ifyalways(f): 7:29am On Feb 05, 2019
charles2468:

@ifyalways I will like to share something with you, so you can view it n confirm it OK, b4 I venture into it, kindly reply my pm
Share it here on NLD.
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by charles2468(m): 7:42am On Feb 05, 2019
ifyalways:

Share it here on NLD.

that's some of the problem u people am having, I should shared documents here, as u claim u know better I want u to view it n saw d already done ones so u can confirm, nawa oo
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by ifyalways(f): 7:46am On Feb 05, 2019
charles2468:

that's some of the problem u people am having, I should shared documents here, as u claim u know better I want u to view it n saw d already done ones so u can confirm, nawa oo
I made this claim to you in your dreams or where?

Abeg o, carry your documents go. I no be visa officer/agent/embassy .

3 Likes

Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by charles2468(m): 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2019
ifyalways:
I made this claim to you in your dreams or where?
Abeg o, carry your documents go. I no be visa officer/agent/embassy .
���
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by charles2468(m): 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2019
grin grin
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by Cousin9999: 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
Scam ^
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by Duisburg: 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
OTZgh:
Hello, boss please can I also travel to Singapore with Ghana work permit?
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by Cousin9999: 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2021
They're racist, and don't have anything to offer you. Nowhere in Asia has anything to offer you except China, and that's only if you're finding suppliers for a business, not living there.

1 Like

Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by chukxie(m): 1:19am On Dec 13, 2021
Cousin9999:
They're racist, and don't have anything to offer you. Nowhere in Asia has anything to offer you except China, and that's only if you're finding suppliers for a business, not living there.

The way some people on here blab is outrageous! You lots always throw the racist card into conversations whenever it is convenient for you, meanwhile you lots are some on the most vile tribal and ethnic bigots ever as evidenced by responses on some threads here. You painted an entire continent as having nothing to offer black immigrants. Hmm! There are Nigerians working in China, South Korea, Japan as professionals, teachers, entrepreneurs...The numbers may be small compared with caucasians but we're represented nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by Cousin9999: 5:43am On Dec 13, 2021
Also, if anyone tells you Asia is a good place to go, ask them to show you Africans living there who have good jobs (not factories or English teaching for crumbs), PR status or citizenship, and decent homes. If they tell you to study there, have them show you African professionals working in Europe and north America with an Asian credential alone. Doctors don't count.
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by chukxie(m): 8:42am On Dec 13, 2021
Cousin9999:
Also, if anyone tells you Asia is a good place to go, ask them to show you Africans living there who have good jobs (not factories or English teaching for crumbs), PR status or citizenship, and decent homes. If they tell you to study there, have them show you African professionals working in Europe and north America with an Asian credential alone. Doctors don't count.

Don't migrants do factory jobs in America, Canada, Europe? Did you just say "teaching for crumbs"? I know Nigerians teaching in China who earn 16k -20k Yuan after tax. I also know there are Nigeria with PR in China, Japan and South Korea although I must admit the number is small. Citizenship? China, Japan, Korea rarely grant citizenships to foreigners; it is written in black and white. The standard of life in some western countries might be higher than what is obtainable in Asian countries but that still mean that life in Asia is awful as often portrayed.
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by Cousin9999: 1:59am On Dec 14, 2021
Asia is not like Europe or North America. It will never be. Anyone who tries to convince you otherwise is trying to use you, or they're incredibly stúpid. Don't fall for it.
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by OTZgh(m): 11:44pm On May 19, 2023
Duisburg:

Well kindly check from the Singapore immigration website.
I know its visa free for Ghanaian passport holders but travelers must demonstrate the ability to afford 100+- Singapore dollars a day and a few requirements at changi before admission into the country.
Ask quora for more info.
Love ,light and laughter!
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by OTZgh(m): 11:46pm On May 19, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Beware of this your opportunity because this job package sounds strange

Likely a scam.
Beware!
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by Thegamingorca(m): 1:31am On May 20, 2023
Duisburg:

grin grin
Re: SINGAPORE; Is It Okay To Work And Study There..please Help Needed Urgently by Dgabby01: 8:40pm On Jan 06
Compliments of the season brother, please do by any chance know how I can make a payment of 25sgd to a school in Singapore. I've tried my Nigerian bank card but it's not working, please do you know any app i can use?
OTZgh:

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Is Going To Abuja For Belarus Study Visa. / Canada Scam / My New Opinion Of China After 1year And 7months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.