Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,255 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) (4855 Views)

Hunter Kills An Entire Family Of A Chimpanzee In Delta State (photos) / When The Hunter Is Hunted / Scary!!! Goat With Human Face Dumped By Owners In Kano (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 20, 2016
Saw this on facebook. Thought i should share it with you guys

The deadly boomslang snake that is armed with powerful venom capable of killing humans has paid itself a lesson for being unsuspecting in the wild. The hunter becomes dinner for the mongoose after the rodent sneaks up on the reptile on a tree at the Namibia's Etosha National Park.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 20, 2016
More pics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by poshestmina(f): 3:25am On Feb 20, 2016
Scary
I don't watch Nat Geo Wild especially this big cat month

Really frightening and scary stuffs sad

1 Like

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by chriskosherbal(m): 4:03am On Feb 20, 2016
Wow what a picture
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by ZACHIE: 4:54am On Feb 20, 2016
It is a no contest, anyday.

6 Likes

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by opalu: 4:58am On Feb 20, 2016
Which magic?
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by tafabaloo(m): 5:00am On Feb 20, 2016
Mongoose is widely known as a good snake hunter.

12 Likes

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by killerman57: 5:03am On Feb 20, 2016
Lovely
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by ziccoit: 5:06am On Feb 20, 2016
Both of them are hunters.

1 Like

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by ednut1(m): 5:06am On Feb 20, 2016
poshestmina:
Scary

u shud start watching. u wud appreciate nature more. as they say nature is just is. when a lion kills a new born Wilderbeast, giraffe or antelope u jst realise life wasnt meant to be fair

5 Likes

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Omenkata: 5:22am On Feb 20, 2016
mongoose is known for their swiftness in climbing trees so on that tree he's the king and though snakes do climb but it has more balance than snake so any attack will have the snake panicking and loosing balance.

it's like playing away match grin

Another example is when ever the eagle wants to eat snake it just grab it and fly away there he'll eat the snake raw and alive because the snake will be struggling for air first before putting up any resistance while the adaptive eagle is busy feasting on it

4 Likes

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 20, 2016
Another staged Nat geo wild drama, these camera people are cruel to animals, staging animal fights.

1 Like

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Aremu01(m): 5:41am On Feb 20, 2016
That cat get mind o
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by FisifunKododada: 5:43am On Feb 20, 2016
cool
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 20, 2016
ha, ha, Oluwa o!
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 20, 2016
Him first give that snake lassa fever, which kind rat !!grin
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by slam7000(m): 5:59am On Feb 20, 2016
Omenkata:
mongoose is known for their swiftness in climbing trees so on that tree he's the king and though snakes do climb but it has more balance than snake so any attack will have the snake panicking and loosing balance.

it's like playing away match grin

Another example is when ever the eagle wants to eat snake it just grab it and fly away there he'll eat the snake raw and alive because the snake will be struggling for air first before putting up any resistance while the adaptive eagle is busy feasting on it

A mongoose can still beat a six foot cobra on land. It's like Barcelona playing Arsenal. Sorry Arsenal fans, I'm one too.

An eagle or hawk will normally target and swoop on a snake, pick it up with its deadly talons, fly high up in the air, then let it drop but follows it in a manner of a duo sky diving entertainers and picks it up just as the snake hits the ground and then up on its nest with its little chicks for a nice delicious meal.

I have actually seen one when I was 8 years.

3 Likes

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by slam7000(m): 6:04am On Feb 20, 2016
ZACHIE:
It is a no contest, anyday.

Tell them. Mongoose is a very brave and smart animal. It fights like the mayweather of 15 years ago. It never allows the snake to hit it with its fangs. It's that sharp as its got impregnable defences.

Check YouTube for mongoose and cobra cage fights. It wins and beats the snake always. It's a master of its space no matter how limited the enclosure is.

2 Likes

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Nobody: 6:16am On Feb 20, 2016
Corrupt leaders need the MONGOOSE attack.

Always goes for the HEAD.

That's what we need in Nigeria
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Dexema(m): 6:42am On Feb 20, 2016
the animal is extremely brave for its size, once saw a video of a mongoose challenging two lions....yes lions! as it was protecting it's kids from the big furry boys... and guess what? she won.
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by freezyprinzy(m): 6:51am On Feb 20, 2016
cool!!!
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Souljaboi1: 7:31am On Feb 20, 2016
Drabeey:
More pics

If I ever had time for TV, NatGeo Wild would be my choice channel.

2 Likes

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by sauceEEP(m): 7:40am On Feb 20, 2016
Sometimes I wonder how these breathtaking pictures are captured.
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Ruq: 9:03am On Feb 20, 2016
It's their normal diet, along with Honey Badgers. I heard on Natgeo one time like that, that they are immune to the snakes poison, even scorpions are part of their prey. I watched a video where a Mongoose technically died and came back to life to finish its snake prey.

1 Like

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by orogodoganyin(m): 9:55am On Feb 20, 2016
mongoose isnt resistant to poison buh killing snakes is mere child's play for it
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Felimax(m): 10:00am On Feb 20, 2016
see nature. op and seun... na waa ooo
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by atoleybaba(m): 10:39am On Feb 20, 2016
God has a way of providing food for every living creature that he created and despite this huntings, the animals are still much in the wild yet every animal hunter usually eat to their satisfaction...this just shows how great Jehovah is....and also to those who spent believe in God looking at this picture av u ever wondered how the mongoose smartness came about? Don't u think there is a designer or creator of such a marvellous specie?

Mynd44 or which ever mod is in charge should pls move this to front page...Na this kind tin we want to be seeing not Linda bag and age blossom or Afro candy miserable life

2 Likes

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 20, 2016
poshestmina:
Scary

am enjoying the big cat month. I just hope NEPA will allow me watch the special edition PRIDE tomorrow.
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Odunharry(m): 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
Ruq:
It's their normal diet, along with Honey Badgers. I heard on Natgeo one time like that, that they are immune to the snakes poison, even scorpions are part of their prey. I watched a video where a Mongoose technically died and came back to life to finish its snake prey.
I think that is the honey badger, resistance to poison and very brave.. it can face any animal and it's the world fearless animal.
I just love the honey badger..

This mongoose in the pictures above too is brave
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
Odunharry:

I think that is the honey badger, resistance to poison and very brave.. it can face any animal and it's the world fearless animal.
I just love the honey badger..

This mongoose in the pictures above too is brave

Indeed very brave
Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by opey112(m): 10:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
The venom of snakes cannot penetrate the skin of mongoose,just like hedgehogs.

1 Like

Re: When the Hunter Becomes hunted. Warning. Very Scary( pictures ) by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 21, 2016
Dexema:
the animal is extremely brave for its size, once saw a video of a mongoose challenging two lions....yes lions! as it was protecting it's kids from the big furry boys... and guess what? she won.

I believe I saw it too. The lions were inexperienced youngsters though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of HPV Genital Warts Naturally? / Best pet deal for today - 2 years old Pitbull for giveaway (conditions apply) / Dee Bestest Deal - 1Male Lhasa Puppy N30k Location: Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.