Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Remembering Bitter Yesterday For Better Tomorrow - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Remembering Bitter Yesterday For Better Tomorrow (449 Views)

See The Crocodile My Friend Caught Yesterday / Remembering Bitter Yesterday For Better Tomorrow.... / I Was Charged Yesterday For Depositing Money Into My Own Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remembering Bitter Yesterday For Better Tomorrow by CapitalProject: 8:21am On Feb 20, 2016
#LOVE #FORGIVENESS #TOLERANCE #RESILIENCE
On this day, years ago just like yesterday
It was the darkest moment of my life, but I refused to remain in darkness
On this day, just like yesterday it was a day of tears and blood.

Beloved Mom, on this day you were murdered
But whatever dies really does not die; we only see it no more.
Lovely brother, on this day, you were murdered
But death is not the end; death can never be the end.
Beautiful kid sister, on this day, you were murdered, cut down at prime
But because you could not stop for death, he stopped for you.

Although death walks beside us all on life’s road, I will not cease to remember you - The trio.

On this day, 10 years ago (February 20th 2006)
The “SARA SUKA” boys thought they had won; but they made me stronger
On this day, the ‘’SARA SUKA’’ turned me to an Internally Displaced Person and a destitute, when the entire house and the famous WAZOBIA bread factory was burnt down
On this day, I refused to be destroyed; of course I found solace in the divine provision of the Almighty.

The Trio-though you are gone; l will not stand by your grave and weep because you are no more there.
Even though till date the Bauchi state gov’t haven’t issue any form of apology;
Mama, good people must die but death cannot kill their names.
I imagine if I were given one moment, just a single bit of my past, I would hold it close forever, and that moment will always last…….
I missed you – the trio but the TriAde (Trio-Adepojus’) Foundation will continue to preserve your legacies.

On this day, just like yesterday, mama, I have proved to the whole world that Love and Forgiveness heals faster than revenge.
Brother, I have demonstrated that Love breeds Peaceful Coexistence.
Lil sister, I have shown to the world that not taking revenge for you can make one stronger and better.

Today I have shown that Peace is Possible
Today I have demonstrated a greater Love and Tolerance by making a Muslim friend my Best Man at my church wedding, yet in Bauchi state (years back).
Today, I am better because I believe peace is possible in Nigeria

For the Trio – I say keep resting in peace till we meet in Jannah/ paradise.
For those that lost their beloved ones (Christian and Muslims alike) during and after the crisis, I still feel your pains but I encourage you to continue to show Love, Forgiveness and Tolerance that will always create peaceful coexistence in your communities.

For those that share visions with me and believe in my dream of a peaceful Nigeria, your input and support is immensely welcome.
For those that have been supportive all the while, I say BIG thank you.
On this day, just like yesterday… PEACE !!!

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips To Get Your Mornings Off To A Great Start In Lagos / Angry Teacher Kills School Founder’s Grand Daughter In Esugbo Itamerin Near Ijeb / Samsung Galaxy S7 Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.