Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,596 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

The Latest On ASUU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Latest On ASUU Strike (156745 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike / Latest News On ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Latest On ASUU Strike by odinakachi(m): 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2009
The latest news concerning ASUU and their strike is that the federal government has signed the agreement on the increament on vasity teachers' salary. So i think they are likely to call off this their terrifying strike

3 Likes

Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by tomory(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2009
hey ,guy how far with you over there .you av done a good job. but guy we still need the accurate date.thanks

1 Like

Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Fadajasi(m): 6:53am On Jul 10, 2009
How authentic is this?

1 Like

Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Dclique(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2009
Its true,i just read it too.

2 Likes

Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Ofize: 9:01am On Jul 10, 2009
Thank God oh
Cos am tired of the STRIKE
the strike is overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Dclique(m): 10:05am On Jul 10, 2009
It hasn't been announce OVER yet,but soon it will.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by graciella(f): 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2009
according to radio nigeria this mornning, they hav signed d agreement, ASUU neva talk yet. The house of rep will call on egwu to discuss about the strike and prevent 4ther strikes
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by U1(m): 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2009
@ Poster

Please get your information right, federal government has just agreed to an increment but not all other demands. The ASUU people seem not to be backing down, they have not signed any agreement yet.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by otokx(m): 10:49am On Jul 11, 2009
The government is playing politics by announcing an increment in salary. ASUU is asking for increased funding of education as a whole and a framework that will periodically look at the entire sector amongst others.

1 Like

Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Uzzyan: 11:57am On Jul 11, 2009
The turth is that this strike is not gona be called off anytim soon, with the way thigns are going noone can tell.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by chrisibu(m): 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2009
What is the update on the strike?
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by kaycast(m): 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2009
honestly we dont deserve this STRIKE at all, for christ sake this people are not the ones suffering it, check out the latest news on ASSUU strike on http://www.nigerian-youth..com we hope they will consider us.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by kaycast(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2009
OUR STAY AT HOME CONTINUES
Can you believe this ASSU and our dear federal government still exchanging words over this strike, as @ today check out their latest news http://nigerian-youth..com/2009/07/nigerian-youth.html and did i hear something funny that the Federal government want to increase federal universities students tution to 180,000 naira per session, this is so funny
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by banjiudor: 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2009
nigerian govern dont care about the youth, if not would have answered the demand of the striking lecturers
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by bigcil: 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2009
omo this strike ting is getin on my nerves wat is it wth the feds ahhh, if i wer the presdt i would resign or do the right thing most of these lecturers are the ones that brought up most of these bleeped up sex and money freaked senators,governors and those in power, they deserve the right to be heard but, at the expence of the students like it has always been said "when two elephants fight, the grass would be the one that would suffer"this should be a lesson for us so that when we get there we would not be like the previous ones, we would set an example like the governor of Lagos state, Fashola angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by osix(m): 9:53pm On Jul 20, 2009
wow am so much happy for all OAU student for the call of the strike.
guy's please try to let me know when the date for my school exam.
shaggie
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by kaycast(m): 1:24am On Jul 21, 2009
I have a feeling its because of the Awo's centennial lecture starting today thats why OAU students have to be in school. for its update http://nigerian-youth..com/2009/07/awolowos-legacy-and-nigerian-youth.html but what about we the remaining one, what are we going to do, Sam Egwu minister for education says the Federal government did not intend to implement the 180,000 tution issue. http://nigerian-youth..com/2009/07/minister-for-education-pleads-on-behalf.html i believe if they make up their mind to do something about all this they would.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by affigurl(f): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2009
Hey, lazy students, you can nw go back to skool, d strike was called off yesterday, tongue
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by tomory(m): 2:10pm On Jul 21, 2009
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by tomory(m): 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2009
hey girl how are you sure. pls give us geniue fact dat they have call off the strike.just tell us the fact pla we need the fact.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by tomory(m): 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2009
they have not call off the strikeooo. pls log in to (www.nigeriagalleria.com )you now click on Nigeria breaking news you will see ASUU topic there.pls read it.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by kaycast(m): 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2009
They have not called it off ooo, its ife student that are going to school. the real facts are here http://www.nigerian-youth..com
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by kaycast(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2009
ASUU AND FG'S DIALOGUE

The federal government has decided to pay as much as 105 million, but ASUU wants more full details in http://www.nigerian-youth..com
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Chique63: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2009
Please is it true unilorin does not strike?
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by rebelious: 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2009
Yes unilorin are not presently on strike. Try and find more info though
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by kaycast(m): 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2009
http://www.nigerian-youth..com its all the same story they are still trying to consider calling off the strike. cest grave(very bad)
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by md4real(m): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2009
Ahmadu Bello University refused to join the strike.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by swaggguys: 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2009
its all bullocks.all talk lets see some paper work.government didn agree.ASUU has become wise.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by swaggguys: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2009
Shoo, F Govt. dey mad, d dem wan change ham? no b 40% of 9ja budget dem 4 put 4 education? Abeg make una change o.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by chiwizzi: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
I tink d strike is goin to last a bit longer dan we all realise.am not in support of it but den readin abt d pathetic level of nigerian universities,its effects on its graduates dat pour out to the economy every yr,d 0% growth in nigeria n d readiness of ASUU to change al dis,i might say i agree wit ASUU but pls 4 God's sake i hope ASUU's joking wen dey say dey r ready to strike for 3-5 yrs in other 4 al nigerians universities to b renovated cos it jus will not work.dey ll b puttin d nation in serious jeopardy.i can alredy si undergraduates linin up on d streets n crime rates sky rocketin..God help us..
Let us pray nigerians!
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by orgasticdance: 12:06am On Jul 24, 2013
chiwizzi: I tink d strike is goin to last a bit longer dan we all realise.am not in support of it but den readin abt d pathetic level of nigerian universities,its effects on its graduates dat pour out to the economy every yr,d 0% growth in nigeria n d readiness of ASUU to change al dis,i might say i agree wit ASUU but pls 4 God's sake i hope ASUU's joking wen dey say dey r ready to strike for 3-5 yrs in other 4 al nigerians universities to b renovated cos it jus will not work.dey ll b puttin d nation in serious jeopardy.i can alredy si undergraduates linin up on d streets n crime rates sky rocketin..God help us..
Let us pray nigerians!
shove ur prayers to the side, we've bn praying since the 80s and yet nothing has been done. it doesnt take a blind man to see that ASUU is emblematic of everything that is wrong with nigeria and at the end of the day the poor man who isn't the child of a corrupt politican who can shell out money for private university or to send his wards abroad would suffer for the corrups leadership that has held this country to ransome since independence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2013/2014 Utme And Admission Process / Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread / WAEC Online Registration (waeconline.org.ng)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.