Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,012,907 members, 7,366,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 March 2023 at 04:30 AM
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Female P.A To MD Job Role, Lagos (869 Views)
Vacancy: Name A Job Role You Wish Was Available For Employment / Urgent Vacancy: P.a To Md/ceo At A Consulting Firm In Lekki / Vacancy For A Personal Assistant To The Md (job Ref: ‘pamd’) (2) (3) (4)
|Female P.A To MD Job Role, Lagos by TruDoc: 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2016|
Our Client is a Leading Female Business leader in Nigeria needs a personal assistant. As P.A to the MD you will be working closely with the MD on a daily basis, providing administrative support, on a one-to-one basis. Your job will be to help MD make the best use of her time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
You will need extensive knowledge of the organisation, including the company's aims and objectives. You will be expected to know names, numbers and context for all the major clients, suppliers and artisans that MD works with. The MD will be relying heavily on you, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in her absence. Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes you must display in all your activities.
You will often act as MD’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation. Typical work activities include:
• screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
• meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
• organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
• dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of MD;
• taking dictation and minutes;
• carrying out background research and presenting findings;
• producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
• organizing and attending meetings and ensuring MD is well-prepared for meetings;
• liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff;
• deputizing for MD, making decisions and delegating work to others in her absence;
• devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, etc.;
• Arranging travel and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with MD to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during business trips.
In addition to supporting MD, her team and departments, you will also have your own personal workload and responsibilities.
The scope of the PA's role can be extensive and additional duties may include:
• carrying out specific projects and research;
• responsibility for accounts and budgets;
• taking on some of MD's responsibilities and working more closely with management;
• being involved in decision-making processes
Some of the more practical tasks you will carry out include
• Ensuring the office is cleaned, AC on, candles lit and daily schedule on the desk before the time MD gets to the office
• Ensuring that MD's phone bill is paid on time
• Taking note of birthdays of clients, staff, family, friends and other important contacts (organising for gifts and cards to be sent out)
• Note of other important dates and events in the calendar
• Finding out important events and functions MD should be aware of and may want to attend including meetings, outings, exhibitions and conferences (both local and international)
• Make sure all air miles are claimed for trips MD makes
• Researching topics for the weekly article
• Checking and topping up MD's stationery supply
• Maintain and update a catalogue of books , magazines and all other source materials for MD
• Keep updated list of suppliers and manufacturers of goods and services that might be relevant to our work and this will involve checking newspapers and relevant magazine adverts regularly. Also you will point out publications or interesting and relevant articles that MD should read and archiving said articles.
• Assisting in other official or personal tasks and errands as they may be assigned
• Going to the market, visiting suppliers to seek out samples, verify materials, etc on behalf of the MD.
Experience and Qualifications
• At least two years of experience in a similar role or ability to show capability to do the work required.
• BSc/BA from a reputable institution
• 1,200,000 per Annum
Send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Re: Female P.A To MD Job Role, Lagos by kzenterprise(m): 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2016|
Can a guy apply ?
|Re: Female P.A To MD Job Role, Lagos by Anikishaya(f): 8:30am On Feb 21, 2016|
kzenterprise:Can't an hnd holder apply? I'm a lady and wish to apply.
Mtn Nigeria Is Recruiting / Graduate Entry Level Sales Executive / Female SSCE/OND Holders Wanted In Surulere!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51