Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! (16920 Views)

I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. / Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment / Study These Courses And Save Yourself From Unemployment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
Don't really know if I should be worried with my new mindset or cram this jargons and just pass. I'm studying Electrical Electronics Engineering and I tell the truth studies no longer interest me! In fact I'm so angry when I see folks study sleeplessly.

Look at his long Aba tie, he has rubbed the board 20 times just to prove a.bc/2x° = x+x*2!yy

Nigeria's academic syllables is so archaic and uninteresting that one will never gain anything from it if not to cram and pass exams. I'm doing EE but daily I'm bombarded with some hyperbolic functions I'll probably never meet my entire life. To worsen it all the thought of being unemployed after graduation make me wanna give up and say: Sir can we go now? I wanna go learn comedy.

I did my one year IT in a small IT company. I've always loved computers, so I dedicated my time that before one year elapsed I was training people for CCNA -including so called first class graduates!!

Now I'm back to school. Just a minute introduction I did, I no longer call Daddy because I'm making enough to sustain me from fixing laptops, teaching people computer operation, blogging, web design etc

Thank God I attended a polytechnic, studied only two years and went to the real world to discover that the opposite of studying hard is knowing one fat senator!!

seun lalasticlala I ask again should I be worried of this mindset or just cram the next chapter and ready my 'blocking' money?

Anyways i go watch me episode 11 of this Adobe primere pro YouTube tutorial. Hmmm video editting is the skill I booked to acquire 1st quarter 2016

Yungwizzzy

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by tripplephi: 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
Yungwizzzy:
Don't really know if I should be worried with my new mindset or cram this jargons and just pass. I'm studying Electrical Electronics Engineering and I tell the truth studies no longer interest me! In fact I'm so angry when I see folks study sleeplessly.

Look at his long Aba tie, he has rubbed the board 20 times just to prove a.bc/2x° = x+x*2!yy

Nigeria's academic syllables is so archaic and uninteresting that one will never gain anything from it if not to cram and pass exams. I'm doing EE but daily I'm bombarded with some hyperbolic functions I'll probably never meet my entire life. To worsen it all the thought of being unemployed after graduation make me wanna give up and say: Sir can we go now? I wanna go learn comedy.

I did my one year IT in a small IT company. I've always loved computers, so I dedicated my time that before one year elapsed I was training people for CCNA -including so called first class graduates!!

Now I'm back to school. Just a minute introduction I did, I no longer call Daddy because I'm making enough to sustain me from fixing laptops, teaching people computer operation, blogging, web design etc

Thank God I attended a polytechnic, studied only two years and went to the real world to discover that the opposite of studying hard is knowing one fat senator!!

seun lalasticlala I ask again should I be worried of this mindset or just cram the next chapter and ready my 'blocking' money?

Anyways i go watch me episode 11 of this Adobe primere pro YouTube tutorial. Hmmm video editting is the skill I booked to acquire 1st quarter 2016

Yungwizzzy

You better get rid of the mindset either by exposure or by deliverance

Coz soon you will get very tired of Life and consider switching to the other side. This is the challenge that make winners thick, if you didn't have what it takes to beat the competitive odds you would never have been born. So square up and chin up.... You can make it only if you think you can. I celebrate you.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
Making it is having first class?

I just want to pass do NYSC Godamit

Seun lalasticlala might think otherwise
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by ashewoboy(m): 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
You are right though but some people will still come here and say it's a lie, wait for them.

We are running an educational system of la cram la pour. If we like write stories from now till tomorrow, there is nothing we can do about it.

Btw, just tell us you are looking for front page.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by pussypounder(m): 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
cheesy bro, you fit sell gala for barabashoba ooooo...nothing does you, abi make I help you find job for wagadugu?

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Dahkogrin007(m): 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
Without education, u might end up answering "sir" to ur mates.... Think it well

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by xexy: 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
go learn a trade boy
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by emmyw(m): 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
[b]This is what am saying, when you really do the opposite of your passion, that's how it feels. am in the same faculty with you, but my mission is not just to gain employment, if you really know what you are doing, Job will hunt you after graduation. so many people are studying MBBS because their friends are into it, or their parents want them to, thereby making it highly competitive. this is really why i love myself so much, employment or no employment, i believe that if i study the course i have passion for, God will surely bless me, so stop generalizing things, you are simply frustrated in your field, you really have to backup and forget about that your mindset before you end up had i known.

That you do web design, computer training for some people, etc i do all that, i simply believe that i can even design websites you can't code, so my brother, forget about your country's economy and focus on your future, don't ever live the life you will regret, i don't want to type much, a word is enough for the wise.
[/b]

24 Likes

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by jeje123(m): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
Try to help urself so that people can help you opportunity is around d corner for those who deserve it
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by yungryce: 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
i'm exactly in the same situation right now. most times you just wonder if it all worth it. imagine a mechanical engr dats about going on I.T who learned to reapair i pass my neighbour from an artisan. yet my mumu lecturers will be slamdunking us a 1001 equations dat i dnt knw their real life applications.i hv always known i can do better than my current results but in Nigeria, 2.1 & 1st class no too get difference and person wey grad with 3.5 na still same with person wey grad with 4.49, so why bother?

4 Likes

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by kennyman2000(m): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by harsysky(m): 4:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
School is a waste of time. Just a few second in the real world, Nature is already calling you to your destiny.

I believe you're almost done with school. so, brace up and complete it.

Seeking knowledge is never wrong but when one tells you that you have to go to school to acquire it, that person is totally, not partially, wrong. I see you're a hard-working guy and a fast learner. It will come in handy in the real world.

Cram-pour and pass ur exams, just do it, that's school for you

4 Likes

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hmmm. Lemme be frank with yhu OP, here in Nigeria, we are running a system of Education for under development. No real development Bro, no much research. From under-equipt institutions, to under performing lecturers, to residual students, who mostly think, the reason to acquire education is to graduate and get a job, to pressurising parents who will tell yhu what to study, and not what yhu intend studying. It's all crap Mehn Nieger.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by incredibleace(m): 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
Brodally just follow your heart
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
Invest in yourself brother. dont wait for any purple colar job.
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Artorius(m): 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
Maybe learning a trade could be a solution? Where can he learn one if he wants to?
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by viktor01(m): 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
So people still go to schools? That's interesting....

5 Likes

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by UrennaNkoli(f): 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
harsysky:
School is a waste of time. Just a few second in the real world, Nature is already calling you to ur destiny.
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by gmaribel(m): 4:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
Op add Android app development to your list of skills to acquire. You won't regret it. wink
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
Wtf...
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by emmaliveth10(m): 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mtchdeew for 9ja
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
Yungwizzzy:

Yungwizzzy

To tell u the truth this our stupid Economy and the indiscriminate sacking of employees were some of the reasons I stopped
studying after my MBA Programme, resigned my job and decided to open up my own company.
Truth is, its better having ur own company because Nigeria is facing a lot of problems arising from "Tribalism, Nepotism, Nose diving
of oil prices, Mass Sacking/Job insecurity etc"...
Now things are getting better and better everyday.

My Advice: Follow ur heart...

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by redcliff: 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sometimes I feel the same way, but thank God I'm 78% through with my MSc in UI.

You know, education should be seen as a means to an end, and not an end in itself.

It is a platform for further self development in other fields.

More so, You don't want to be asked to 'show your certificate' tomorrow when you start running for offices.

Meanwhile, nice course / cv you've got there....

4 Likes

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Godswillnwaoma(m): 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
This is exactly what I.m passing through now.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
your mindset will continually fluctuate. just complete your degree programme,irrespective of societal happenings.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by michealabm: 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
me sef tire o, studying maths and everything is cramming shocked
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by michealabm: 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
michealabm:
me sef tire o, studying maths and everything is cramming shocked
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Chidizman(m): 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
After wandering off under the scorching sun. This is where I v decided to have my siesta *****Spreads Mat*** cheesy
Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
I also studied Electrical/Electronics Engrn but I just discovered that working in a firm won't make you wealthy because one day you may be sacked and you are back to square one!

Only business minded people make it big time... So I have kept my Engineering skill aside, subjected myself to Business administration skills, joined the Marketing Unit and looking for experience in that field.

Because one day, you all will patronize my Product!!

6 Likes

Re: Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! by bamite(m): 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
I'm starting my own construction firm soon.This is 3 whole years gone after nysc and no single job,so i've decided to be my own boss and interview people wen i get contracts to work for me.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto Students Beat 68,000 Rivals From Other Schools To Win Microsoft Challenge / The Danger Of Exam Malpractice / UTME: Reps Asks JAMB To Suspend NIN Requirement For Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.