Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch (37036 Views)

Is Chris Ngige Blind? See These Photos Of The Minister At Dino's Book Launch / Donald Duke ''Staring'' At Omotola At Ben-Bruce's 60th Birthday (photo) / Twitter User Takes Shot At Ben Bruce, Calls Him "An Unfortunate Man" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by a4hafoe(m): 1:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
Who is Genuine in Nigeria?

Senator Ben Murray Bruce turned 60 yesterday, he took the opportunity to launch his book "The Common Sense Revolution" but it's sad to see that the event in its totality portrays the average Nigerian Politician.

Usually, I hate to attend these so called "Big" events but it was Ben Bruce, the common sense guy, I jumped at the Opportunity to go with my department, department of Mass Communication, University of Lagos as we were invited with a letter and we were feeling all important. We didn't know it was an invitation to humiliation.

At the venue, we were told to go upstairs, we didn't mind, as they said that area was reserved for students. Getting there, I realized it was a perfect view to watch the "Elites" wine and dine. Still, we didn't care. We only began to care when the ceremony kept going on and all tables kept getting additional contents and we were just there, like Observers. Don't forget that we were invited, as I said earlier.

While all of that kept happening, I still didn't care because they said every guest will get a free copy of the book. I wanted the book so, I waited on. At the end, only the guests got the Book. I had to look at our invitation to be sure we were guests. Yes, we were guests but the stiff class stratification that Senator Bruce Criticizes came to play.

It's so sad to see that the actions of the Common Sense Guy justifies the "Common Sense is not so common" statement.

Since I know it's all fake, I'd like to give a professional PR advice. It's so bad, if you invite Nigerian Students, who will, to a large extent, determine your political success, to an event only for them to watch you and your rich friends dine. Their votes aren't even enough.

Writing a book about Common Sense doesn't actually make you have Common Sense. We aren't hungry people. We are Unilag Students and we are contented with what we have, we wouldn't go to shop 10 to sweet-talk anyone about common sense, just to get rice.

Happy Birthday, Senator Ben! Thanks for the deceit, segregation and above all, thanks so much for the Palm oil made Jollof Rice with a meat-like object.

I am Abidemi Adesokan, A concerned Nigerian Student who believes there is hope for Nigeria, but Bruce isn't just that guy.

213 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by a4hafoe(m): 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
Here are photos :

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by Liberty101: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
Pele oooo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by Donfamous(m): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
cry, eeyah Pele op, drink your teem jejely and take heart, if to say na fanta e for better but na bitter lemon choi.!!
we'll get there

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by chiefolododo(m): 2:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
Report Ben bruce to bohari now!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by LRNZH(m): 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
I am yet to be convinced by this common-sense Senator. We never heard from him until 2015. Did he just develop interest in Nigeria's affairs after PDP lost?

Sorry oh student. Nigerian politicians are like that.

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by dexentity: 2:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
Practising what one preaches seems to be the hardest thing to do. Pele.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by missioner(m): 2:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
You guys should get a good lawyer (like Falano) sue him for misdemeanor and violation of Rights... tell the court to order him to apologize in the dailies and re-celebrate it for students only Or slam him 20 million naira fine.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
Why do we people usually fail to practice what we preach? A person who claims to be an advocate of equality and general COMMON SENSE approach happened to have been the same person who treated the students of the departments of Mass communication and political science, University of Lagos, with so much segregation and disregard. So much for COMMON SENSE. At the 60th birthday and book launch of the Chairman, Silverbird group, Sen. Ben Murray Bruce, this was exactly the case. Besides the fact that our presence was hardly notice and not recognised, we were fed like we came to beg for food, The book, which was promised to the guests didn't even get to us(I'm guessing we weren't categorised as guests), and also, even after the President of the Mass communication department sent a letter to senator Ben to call his attention to the situation, he turned a blind eye. #NotSoCommonSense. The major reason why I attended was that I thought that it will provide me with the opportunity to meet the key players in Nigerian politics, entertainment, business and other fields. How wrong was I? I, Akinseye Oluwafemi of the department of Mass Communication, happened to have been present to witness the appalling and below human treatment given to us students. But we were invited here, I thought. Or did we gate crash? I refuse to be silent on this and I appeal to you also to forward this message until it gets to Sen. Ben, so that he can understand that his actions were #NotSoCommonSense after all.

'Femi Akinseye
Mass Communication
UNILAG.
Nigerian Youth.

60 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by missioner(m): 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
Lalasticlala where at thou
Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by Businessideas: 3:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
If this account by these greatest Akokites is true, I am waiting for the senator's apology and delivery of those books at my alma mater's Creative Art and Political Science Departments as soon as possible.
Greatest Akokites, please keep up the flag of progressive debate and advocacy for a genuine 'common sense' revolution.Nobody can humiliate you without your permission. You have made a valid and matured point, we are very proud of you.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
Businessideas:
If this account by these greatest Akokites is true, I am waiting for the senator's apology and delivery of those books at my alma mater's Creative Art and Political Science Departments as soon as possible.
Greatest Akokites, please keep up the flag of progressive debate and advocacy for a genuine 'common sense' revolution.Nobody can humiliate you without your permission. You have made a valid and matured point, we are very proud of you.
it's Mass communication department and Political science actually and I was there to witness it all.

8 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by iwuemma(m): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
were you guys tagged special guest of honor?

i dont get the rant!

you want Ben Bruce to serve you personally? spoon feed you guys and hand you guys his book because you guys are guest and from Unilag?

will you say you havent been to a party and service was not carried out properly?
say you havent and you clean your mouth for lying.

event management is one problem , no matter the organizer.
those that managed the events mismanaged it , so holding it against Ben is crass stupidity.

must he be everywhere?

and you using this to cast aspersion on him because he didnt spoon feed you guys? very laughable..

and imagine the hate, you are taking pictures and snapped the food he served you guys?
his own money?

aint you an ingrates..
quite pathetic.

and if he didnt invite you, you would say he despise the student.

they sent you guys up for you to see all that happened.

instead to aspire to do greater things as a masscomm student you are casting aspersion and painting him on the bad light..

knowing fully well that your rant will dent his image as an opposition ..

you also forgot it was live program, so am yet to hear people confirm the humiliation at his birthday..

how many boook lunch have you attended and you got the book free , even to the point it reached everyone!?

probably they ran out of copies!
SO DOES THAT make him bad?

how much do people pay to attend shows by your favorite musicians?
you saw them free of charge and you dey complain?

are you okay?

I used common sense to derive the question i asked you.
not everyone will agree with me but you know they are true.

enjoy your teem drink man....

a4hafoe:

Senator Ben Murray Bruce turned 60 yesterday, he took the opportunity to launch his book "The Common Sense Revolution" but it's sad to see that the event in its totality portrays the average Nigerian Politician.

Usually, I hate to attend these so called "Big" events but it was Ben Bruce, the common sense guy, I jumped at the Opportunity to go with my department, department of Mass Communication, University of Lagos as we were invited with a letter and we were feeling all important. We didn't know it was an invitation to humiliation.

At the venue, we were told to go upstairs, we didn't mind, as they said that area was reserved for students. Getting there, I realized it was a perfect view to watch the "Elites" wine and dine. Still, we didn't care. We only began to care when the ceremony kept going on and all tables kept getting additional contents and we were just there, like Observers. Don't forget that we were invited, as I said earlier.

While all of that kept happening, I still didn't care because they said every guest will get a free copy of the book. I wanted the book so, I waited on. At the end, only the guests got the Book. I had to look at our invitation to be sure we were guests. Yes, we were guests but the stiff class stratification that Senator Bruce Criticizes came to play.

It's so sad to see that the actions of the Common Sense Guy justifies the "Common Sense is not so common" statement.

Since I know it's all fake, I'd like to give a professional PR advice. It's so bad, if you invite Nigerian Students, who will, to a large extent, determine your political success, to an event only for them to watch you and your rich friends dine. Their votes aren't even enough.

Writing a book about Common Sense doesn't actually make you have Common Sense. We aren't hungry people. We are Unilag Students and we are contented with what we have, we wouldn't go to shop 10 to sweet-talk anyone about common sense, just to get rice.

Happy Birthday, Senator Ben! Thanks for the deceit, segregation and above all, thanks so much for the Palm oil made Jollof Rice with a meat-like object.

I am Abidemi Adesokan, A concerned Nigerian Student who believes there is hope for Nigeria, but Bruce isn't just that guy.

237 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by mars123(m): 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
as far as that senator is concerned, you guys should even be happy that you didn't have to stand at the back or even be used as ushers grin

It baffles me why people expect a lot of good from this guy

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
iwuemma:

i dont get the rant!

you want Ben Bruce to serve you personally? spoon feed you guys and hand you guys his book because you guys are guest and from Unilag?

will you say you havent been to a party and service was not carried out properly?

those that managed the events mismanaged it , so holding it against Ben is crass stupidity.

must he be everywhere?

and you using this to cast aspersion on him because he didnt spoon feed you guys? very laughable..

and imagine the hate, you are taking pictures and snapped the food he served you guys?
his own money?

aint you an ingrates..
quite pathetic.

instead to aspire to do greater things as a masscomm student you are casting aspersion and painting him on the bad light..

you also forgot it was live program, so am yet to hear people confirm the humiliation at his birthday..

how many boook lunch have you attended and you got the book free , even to the point it reached everyone!?

are you okay?

Sigh!

Lack of intelligence tells on you sir.
If you do not understand the reason why the students see this as a despicable act, then I guess you never went through the University (and even if you did, you refused to gather the knowledge you were meant gather).

And btw, for your information, you have successfully painted Sen. Ben Murray Bruce in a worse light than these poor students have.

Go and learn how to be more creative instead of just looking for cheap publicity with your #NotSoCommonSense post.

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by Omololu007(m): 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
iwuemma:

i dont get the rant!

must he be everywhere?

his own money?

aint you an ingrates..
quite pathetic.

are you okay?

you are not making any sense

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by Lafete(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
Iwuemma

Argumentum ad hominem!

Instead of addressing the subject matter, you attacked the writer's personality.

Does calling him 'an ingrate' portray you as one who's ever come close to the four walls of a classroom? Because obviously calling you an illiterate is a massive upgrade to your retardedddd person.

Where in that writeup did the writer specifically state that he wanted Ben Bruce to spoonfeed him?

Did you see 'letter of invitation' up there and do you have the faintest idea of what it means?

Are you even a human being at all? Because no human being in their right senses would believe you have to pay just to watch another human being play an old song.

We know you are extremely stupid, but then,

If you must display ignorance of this magnitude, please, try as much as possible not to sound like a bald ape on top of a river trying to drown a crocodile with his saliva.

Thank you.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by jerrybay(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
I wouldn't say much but I want you all to know that we are on our own. We must make it ourselves. No one cares. No love. Ben Bruce is just another guy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by iwuemma(m): 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2016
wow!

i like that.

cheap popularity? erm i think that was meant for the poster!

despicable?
how?
cos he didnt give them his book?

kai..

and that defined BeN bRUCE as an ingenuine person?

rhymesmith:

Sigh!

Lack of intelligence tells on you sir.
If you do not understand the reason why the students see this as a despicable act, then I guess you never went through the University (and even if you did, you refused to gather the knowledge you were meant gather).

And btw, for your information, you have successfully painted Sen. Ben Murray Bruce in a worse light than these poor students have.

Go and learn how to be more creative instead of just looking for cheap publicity with your #NotSoCommonSense post.

9 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by ckmayoca: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
You should have uploaded the invitation letter also cos dis pics can be download from anywhere.

8 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
iwuemma:
wow!

i like that.

cheap popularity? erm i think that was meant for the poster!

despicable?
how?
cos he didnt give them his book?

kai..

and that defined BeN bRUCE as an ingenuine person?

First of all, learn how to capitalise the right letters in a word.

To the subject matter, all the OP tried to do was publish what was true to his treatment, something that I personally witnessed. So, if there's anyone looking for cheap popularity here, it's you Mr.

If being served a 100 naira plate of coloured rice and my pinky finger size beef at an event in which to got the same invitation as those that were served a three course meal isn't despicable, then maybe that word shouldn't be in existence.

Thanks.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by chiefobdk(m): 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
iwuemma:

i dont get the rant!

must he be everywhere?

his own money?

aint you an ingrates..
quite pathetic.

are you okay?

thank you Jare...expect anything from the janjaweedian camp. why he no reject the food.

32 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by chiefobdk(m): 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
a4hafoe:

assuming you reject the food. we for take you serious...but you collect food chop. clean mouth. come here dey rant how you 're not hungry.

sue him na.

ingrate.

yeye dey smell

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by tpiar: 4:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
you want to "class hop" in Nigeria?

good luck with that.

Ben Murray Bruce is a nler, so i guess he'll see your thread, and maybe (depending on the circumstances) he might or might not make it up to you, I dunno.

However, what you were trying to do was very risky o.

You wanted to be rubbing shoulders with folks simply because you see them on the media all the time?

hm.

In any case, be happy you were even invited, that's the main point.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by akinszz: 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
Abio... The man that use nta money to build silverbird come dey tell us what common sense is. We have a very long way to go in this country.
mars123:
as far as that senator is concerned, you guys should even be happy that you didn't have to stand at the back or even be used as ushers grin

It baffles me why people expect a lot of good from this guy

10 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
chiefobdk:

assuming you reject the food. we for take you serious...but you collect food chop. clean mouth. come here dey rant how you 're not hungry.

sue him na.

ingrate.

yeye dey smell

I have no words for this level of stupidity, it's beyond me.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by KINGTELLER: 5:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
All I got to say is…… " Seun call your super-mods to order" …… **BANGS MIC ** and walkout

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by NinaArsenal(f): 5:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
Lmao..
Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
Buhari
Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by registration(m): 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2016
chai

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Discriminated Against At Ben-Bruce's Birthday/Book Launch by IYANGBALI: 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2016
eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa so dem no serve una jorrof lice?sowie o

ben bruce mr twitter you see your life?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Insecurity: Wike Presents 10 Vehicles To Ten Third Class Chiefs / Rotimi Amaechi Pictured Flying Economy Class / Buhari’s CPC Seizes Control Of APC Party Structure - ThisDay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.