Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Challenges Are There To Make Us Better! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Challenges Are There To Make Us Better! (421 Views)

Does Money Make Us Happy?(the True Fact About Happiness) / Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress / Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Challenges Are There To Make Us Better! by SimplyWale(m): 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
Although I am not a prolific writer but i have decided to take it as a challenge to write on every vital situations that arise as i grow!
Funny enough, I will be writing about a challenge i faced recently. Challenges are a way to make us better. Never see them as a clogue in your wheel. Trust me, they are there to make you a better person. Facing any challenge currently? do not worry much, just give it your best shot because you are some few steps away from being better than the person you were yesterday.
As an IT student with an ERP consulting firm in Lagos, i was given a task to work on a document approval which i had no prior knowledge of. I was able to get it working on the third day but how it is working, I do not fully understand (Programmers would understand me better here). Few days later, i was given a similar task to work on and i was like this is going to be a work over. To my disappointment, after working on it for 2 hours, it did not work! I was like 'iru rubbish wo le leyi, nnkan ti mo si se ni ijeta'. I showed my boss and he was like you have to get it working. I was very angry. Battled with it till closing hour but no way! It did not work. I got home angry and went straight to the bed but the thought of it not working wouldnt just let me be!
On may way back from mosque that very evening, I decided i was going to give this my best shot. After working on it for three straight hours, I discovered what I knew about approvals was just a tip of an iceberg. By 12 midnight, I did not only get the reason it wasnt working but also the reason the first one worked! If I had not faced the challenge, I would have thouhgt I understood approvals. The challenge did not only enable me get it working but also made me go deep into knowing it more thereby making me a better person.
The next day at the office, my boss asked how i got it done and i explained, he was marvelled beyond words! Just a challenge can take you to places you never imagined! In fact, our heights in life today is determined by the number of challenges we have been able to dealt with. Embrace challenges! See them as stepping stones and not obstacles.
Challenges do not run away from us, we run away from them. If you are not facing challenges, its a sign you are not growing!

(1) (Reply)

MCSA Windows Server 2012 Certification | Cloudsa Solutions / More Then 100 School Children Hospitalized After Eating School Meal – See Photos / Any Finance Aspirant For Unilag?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.