Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters (2003 Views)

Dalhatu Adamu Dies At 65 / Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) / Buhari Sacks Tafida, Bianca, Maduekwe, Farounbi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by LRNZH(m): 11:32pm On Feb 20, 2016

Dalhatu Sarki Tafida

The immediate past Nigeria's High Commissioner to the United Kingdom and founding member of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Dalhatu Sarki Tafida today dumped the party.

Tafida, who headed victorious former President Goodluck Jonathan's presidential campaign in 2011, said, PDP market in Nigeria's politics is over, and no sensible man will remain in a market that has closed shop.

Speaking in a special BBC Hausa interview monitored in Lagos, Tafida, who is from Kaduna state said there is no more respect for the party.

"I have decided to leave PDP, and I will not join another party. I left because there is no focus, if a market is over, a responsible man should go home. Now the market is over. It was good in the past, but now it is the worst, with impunity and confusion.

"The party has been destroyed and reduced to nothing, and I have decided to dump the party. I don't think our stay in the party is wise, because the people now abuse everyone, and no one will even listen to you."

He also condemned the way and manner, the party is being run by party leaders hurling series of insults daily and refusing counsel by party elders.

He concluded that he is not joining any political party but will continue to offer his services for national development.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/20/ex-nigerian-ambassador-uk-tafida-quits-pdp

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by EdCure: 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
Nigeria with its fair weather politicians.
Less than a year after losing power, they cannot stand firm to rebrand and rebuild the PDP which they have looted our treasury to sustain in 16years.

These feable minded reprobates are too much in a hurry to escape the rigours of opposition politics.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by TippyTop(m): 11:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
Who is he?
These are the ones we don't want in PDP, good thing he left before he was pushed.
Expect Sahara reporters to elevate this man to god-like status to suit their narrative.
This man cannot win his PU in Kaduna, not relevant in Nigeria of today.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by LRNZH(m): 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
TippyTop:
Who is he?

A PDP founding Father. A member of the G-34. Do some research on these group of men. Even Abacha could not intimidate them when they met in Ekwueme's house in Ikoyi, Lagos, and courageously signed their names on a letter addressed to Sani Abacha, urging him for the sake of Nigeria to abandon his plans of becoming a life president.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by excellentmomma(f): 11:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
All these "I've left but I won't join any party but still ready to serve" lines you people are sharing, there is God o cheesy

Obj e be like say na you start am.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by TippyTop(m): 11:50pm On Feb 20, 2016
LRNZH:

A PDP founding Father. A member of the G-34. Do some research on these group of men.
He was never a heavyweight politician, you don't give ambassadorial positions to people with political importance and capital.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by LRNZH(m): 11:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
TippyTop:

He was never a heavyweight politician, you don't give ambassadorial positions to people with political importance and capital.

Dr. Alex Ekwueme was part of that group and he got nothing after the formation of PDP. These were very courageous men.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by babyfaceafrica: 11:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
LRNZH:

A PDP founding Father. A member of the G-34. Do some research on these group of men. Even Abacha could not intimidate them when they met in Ekwueme's house in Ikoyi, Lagos, and courageously signed their names on a letter addressed to Sani Abacha, urging him for the sake of Nigeria to abandon his plans of becoming a life president.
oga stop educating political illiterates

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by LRNZH(m): 12:00am On Feb 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
oga stop educating political illiterates

My brother, their illiteracy will affect me by virtue of sharing the same country with them.

@ Tippytop, other notable members of the G-34 include Dr. Alex Ekwueme, Malam Adamu Ciroma, Chief Bola Ige, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, Dr. Tunji Otegbeye, Senator Onyeka Okoroafor, Alhaji Abubakar Rimi, Chief Silas Daniyan, Chief Solomon Lar, Alhaji Lawal Kaita to mention a few.

Maybe you were still a political novice in the late 90s hence you don't recognise their relevance.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 21, 2016
TippyTop:

Dr Tafida has never been a lightweight politician. He has desirable qualities.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by EdCure: 12:03am On Feb 21, 2016
TippyTop:

You're just being conveniently silly.
Tafida was Jonathan's campaign DG in 2011. He helped your cleulessly ineffectual hero win that election.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by babyfaceafrica: 12:04am On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

My brother, their illiteracy will affect me by virtue of sharing the same country with them.

@ Tippytop, other notable members of the G-34 include Dr. Alex Ekwueme, Malam Adamu Ciroma, Chief Bola Ige, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, Dr. Tunji Otegbeye, Senator Onyeka Okoroafor, Alhaji Abubakar Rimi, Chief Silas Daniyan, Chief Solomon Lar, Alhaji Lawal Kaita to mention a few.

Maybe you were still a political novice in the late 90s hence you don't recognise their relevance.
oga I said you should bone some people ,you are saying am a political novice..I give up!!
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by okuneddie(m): 12:05am On Feb 21, 2016
u are all the same....Na only God I dey pray to make he answer my prayers......cos this Graduate need job o badly.....Meanwhile......

I don't know why people will lie
just to feel important, I can never do that.....now if u will excuse me, I
have a meeting with Bill Gates
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by LRNZH(m): 12:05am On Feb 21, 2016
EdCure:
Nigeria with its fair weather politicians.
Less than a year after losing power, they cannot stand firm to rebrand and rebuild the PDP which they have looted our treasury to sustain in 16years.

These feable minded reprobates are too much in a hurry to escape the rigours of opposition politics.

LOL. A G-34 and PDP founding member rebrand with Ali Modu Sheriff in charge? I don't understand how you people think but there are lots of folks out there who still care about their integrity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by TippyTop(m): 12:07am On Feb 21, 2016
EdCure:

You're just being conveniently silly.
Tafida was Jonathan's campaign DG in 2011. He helped your cleulessly ineffectual hero win that election.

So important he was transferred to London, makes flawless logic doesn't it?
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by TippyTop(m): 12:10am On Feb 21, 2016
kITATITA:

Dr Tafida has never been a lightweight politician. He has desirable qualities.

If he was that important Dr Jonathan would have brought him back before the election, don't be fooled, he can barely win his PU.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by Reminez(m): 12:13am On Feb 21, 2016
TippyTop:

If he was that important Dr Jonathan would have brought him back before the election, don't be fooled, he can barely win his PU.
People with superior IQ have schooled you enough on this thread. I think you should eat the humble pie and watch from the sidelines.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by Reminez(m): 12:14am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by EdCure: 12:17am On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:
LOL. A G-34 and PDP founding member rebrand with Ali Modu Sheriff in charge? I don't understand how you people think but there are lots of folks out there who still care about their integrity.
The G-whatever has served its political purpose. You don't deify or attach past glory (if there was any) to compromised politicians.
The concept of integrity is just another word for convenience.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by TippyTop(m): 12:18am On Feb 21, 2016
Reminez:

People with superior IQ have schooled you enough on this thread. I think you should eat the humble pie and watch from the sidelines.

What will he bring to the table, tell me why PDP would miss his presence. Modu Sherriff was a founding member of ANPP and APC, a close friend of Buhari, did his defection affect Buhari's political capital in 2015 election.
Dare I say it again, Who is he?
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 21, 2016
TippyTop:

Ahmadu Alli, Ojo Maduekwe, etc were ambassadors. Some powerful politicians are sent abroad to get them out of the way
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by TippyTop(m): 12:27am On Feb 21, 2016
kITATITA:

Ahmadu Alli, Ojo Maduekwe, etc were ambassadors. Some powerful politicians are sent abroad to get them out of the way

You won't send someone abroad if you thought that person has what it takes to make you win an election.

This aboki won't be missed by PDP, hence I asked who he was.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by LRNZH(m): 12:31am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by LRNZH(m): 12:31am On Feb 21, 2016
TippyTop:

You won't send someone abroad if you thought that person has what it takes to make you win an election.

This aboki won't be missed by PDP, hence I asked who he was.

OBJ Quits PDP
Nnamani quits PDP
Dr. Tafida quits PDP

You have the mentality of Okonkwo of 'Things Fall Apart' who failed to recognise his impending downfall until the last hour.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by TippyTop(m): 12:34am On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

OBJ Quits PDP
Nnamani quits PDP
Dr. Tafida quits PDP

You have the mentality of Okonkwo of 'Things Fall Apart' who failed to recognise his impending downfall until the last hour.

Things have fallen apart in PDP yet they're winning elections back to back? It would interest you to know PDP won in the North today, say hello to Senator David Mark.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by LRNZH(m): 12:34am On Feb 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
oga I said you should bone some people ,you are saying am a political novice..I give up!!

Not you. The latter part of the comment was @ Tippytop
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by LRNZH(m): 12:38am On Feb 21, 2016
TippyTop:

Things have fallen apart in PDP yet they're winning elections back to back? It would interest you to know PDP won in the North today, say hello to Senator David Mark.

Go talk to people from Benue South Senatorial Zone. The APC candidate Daniel Onjeh did not stand much of a chance. Everyone intimate with the local politics knew this all along. Do not let David Mark's win deceive you. This is an advice.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Ambassador To The UK Dr. Dalhatu Tafida Quits PDP - Sahara Reporters by Mynd44: 3:54am On Feb 21, 2016

(1)

APC Members Booed Obaseki, Edo APC Guber Candidate During Campaign (video) / See New Donald Trump Policy That Will Adversely Affect All Nigerians / Nigeria, A Huge Joke —chief Tola Adeniyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.