Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Before We probe Our VC - An Open Letter By A Concerned OAU Student. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Before We probe Our VC - An Open Letter By A Concerned OAU Student. (470 Views)

The 500L Missing OAU Student Has Been Found (picture) / UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN / OAU Student Dressed As A Sexy Nun Turns Heads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before We probe Our VC - An Open Letter By A Concerned OAU Student. by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 21, 2016
BEFORE WE PROBE OMOLE.
Our welfare condition is bad, yes it's true. But have we ever at one time or the other reviewed the cause of this bush-league conditions we are in. It's pathetic that all we do day in day out is to criticize our leaders and declaring change on the status-quo over night. It won't work! Prepare your mind now as you read through this article, package your critics well and understand the concept with your religion-mind.
This university (created in 1962), was created by our future minded leaders, who spent most of their learning days in the overseas. They build this university based on their foreign knowledge and made thorough plans towards the future (which we are in today). They had plans to make us enjoy exotic qualities so as to acquire enviable knowledge. They had wanted a university which will be in the centre of the world's direction and attract foreign interest. But all we have today is the total opposite of their initial plans, I know if chief Obafemi Awolowo should look down on earth through his Terre-celestial goggles, the quantity of his tears will be enough to build another OAU. Our non-challant and selfish attitude towards general benefits is what has brought us to this junction. Our ancestors have done little or less on this issue because they felt after four years the suffering is over and they will have a new life to live, whereas they end up using additional year(s) on campus.
Some weeks ago, when the school resumed, I was furious at the look of my room which we had always called a micro-prison, so I decided to clean the room up with the help of my roommates after few hours of struggling, wow at last we finished this! It was totally amazing that we had a clean, decent and new room entirely, I became guilty in my heart that if this had been a regular devotion for us in the room we could have built a healthier environment. But we sometimes think that this is not my obligation, am not designated to this and all sought of excuses which we inherited from our predecessor.
Sometimes ago, I visited a friend in his hostel, when I entered the room I felt some kind of heat and peppery air. To my surprise I Discovered he was cooking in between two bunks, I was shocked. Not keeping my feelings, "why on earth are you cooking here" I asked. 'Our waterspout is dirty and irritating' he complained. I later asked the reason why he had not taken time to wash it, "we are not meant to do it and the cleaners have refused to do it" he concluded. I went ballistic when I heard this. This is likewise the attitude of most of us, and this is really affecting our well-being. Until service has eaten us up, we may remain unproductive in our agitations for change.
Many of our so called leaders deface our hostel walls with their unscrupulous advertisements, even some go far to the extent of defacing library's toilets doors in the name of preaching christ, some write on white boards with permanent markers and after all these we keep crying for good welfare, when we are destroying our legacies. Just ask yourself, you read the signpost with the inscription "KEEP OAU CLEAN" daily, but have you adhere strictly to this. We find it difficult to follow instructions lay down by the school management and we want them to ear our prayers. Even the greatest man in heaven and on earth said " If you do not listen to my words, when you pray, your prayer will be an abomination to me...." .
Why should we make our majestic heroes cry because of our acts? why should AFrika after dieing horribly, feel his pains again just because of our selfish act? why should we continue crying without reasoning? Why should we allow the ambiguous manners of our crummy leaders to bamboozle us? Why should we allow our next generation to suffer? Lets start solving our problems before they start dissolving us. You must know that the measure of life is not in its duration, but in its donation. Just believe you can do it , soon the hard times will be past events. Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push, a smile , a word of optimism, hope and the 'I can do it' spirit'. We can do all this if we are on our mettle to achieve it. I will like to say, BEFORE WE PROBE OMOLE LETS PROBE OURSELVES.

Israel Daarasimi
Talkopolitan Ng

1 Like

Re: Before We probe Our VC - An Open Letter By A Concerned OAU Student. by Vision4God: 2:00am On Feb 21, 2016
Hhmmm
Stories dat touch.
Re: Before We probe Our VC - An Open Letter By A Concerned OAU Student. by Adonis3: 2:49am On Feb 21, 2016
bubu

(1) (Reply)

201 Blind Candidates, 343 Prisoners To Partake In Tomorrow’s UTME / School For Electrical Engineering Msc In Nigeria / TASUED Alumnus Expose Atrocities Of His Former Lecturer (tweets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.