Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

The $4 Freedom 251 Smartphone Is A SCAM! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The $4 Freedom 251 Smartphone Is A SCAM! (1094 Views)

Which Smartphone Is Best For The Price Range N18k-n25k? / World Cheapest SMARTPHONE: Latest Freedom 251 || The $4 (N800) Smartphone / Meet The $4 (N800) Smartphone Freedom 251 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The $4 Freedom 251 Smartphone Is A SCAM! by kingsamm(m): 8:11am On Feb 21, 2016
Earlier this week, news of a $4 Android Phone spread around all major blog like GEEK NG, Yomiprof.com, Android Authority and many more..
You might wonder why I didn't write a post about it, the reason is pretty simple I didn't believe it and I decided to chillax for a bit and see what happens.

Just as I guessed, it turns out the $4 smartphone is actually a shady deal.
There was a crazy rush for this device as many people thought it was a good deal. However, now that the device is reaching people, it's looking completely different from the device that was promoted.

When you pull the device out of the box, first thing you notice is that a 'Tipp-Ex like' material covering the manufacturers name. That's when you start to feel something is wrong.

Scratching off the covering, you find out that the device isn't a freedom 251 but a device made by a company called Adcom, the Adcom Ikon 4.

After complaints were raised to Ringing Bells the supposed phone manufacturer and they made changes, not to the device but to the website!

Other mysteries include that the Adcom Ikon 4/Freedom 251 looks like an iPhone and to make it worse, some of the app icons are directly gotten from iOS like the browser icon which is exactly the Safari icon.

Funny enough, Adcom denies having knowledge of their device being used for such purpose.

In the meantime, Ringing bells is telling people not to worry that the device they have received is just a 'preview of the actual freedom 251'... Can you imagine??

http://www.naijatechs.com/2016/02/Freedom-251-images-price.html?m=1

Re: The $4 Freedom 251 Smartphone Is A SCAM! by skedemi(m): 9:20am On Feb 21, 2016
I don sabi say na scam
Re: The $4 Freedom 251 Smartphone Is A SCAM! by olaeffect(m): 2:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
If its a nija company now, efcc will join hand to be looking for person. angry
Re: The $4 Freedom 251 Smartphone Is A SCAM! by henryobinna(m): 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
hope you never expected it to be real,

you can't make a smartphone even if low quality/substandard at $4, come on that's like impossible
Re: The $4 Freedom 251 Smartphone Is A SCAM! by bobo65(m): 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
Omo $4 na small money na
Even if na scam, what I c in d screen shot is super okay for $4 and it will even come with charger maybe not earphone

How do I order this phone?
I need some pieces for experiments

Justi4jesu can help me out?
Re: The $4 Freedom 251 Smartphone Is A SCAM! by Lebee4(m): 2:47pm On Feb 22, 2016
But is the phone performing the necessary android functions?

(1) (Reply)

Suggestions On 20k Phone With 1 Gb Ram / Awoof: How To Activate Etisalat 1GB For N200 / Infinix Note 4 X572 Specs & Price ( Where To Buy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.