Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? (2228 Views)

Deaf And Dumb Guy Speaks On The Tough Economic Situation In Nigeria - Video / How Is The Current Price Hike On All Items Affecting You / APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by korrej(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2016
To be frank I'm really getting pissed with what is going on with our economy. Being a student it is not easy to add extra amount to buy things when one has to manage. It is just frustrating!
Over to you!
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by babyfaceafrica: 9:50am On Feb 21, 2016
Its not..still eat three square meals,still buy shares,still sleep with my gf,still pay rents....God has been good...what about you?

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 21, 2016
It makes luxury expensive. I pay more for luxury. Local manufacturers are making millions.
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by naijaboy756: 9:58am On Feb 21, 2016
tuale4u:
It makes luxury expensive. I pay more for luxury. Local manufacturers are making millions.
name 3

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by Kyase(m): 10:00am On Feb 21, 2016
I don't know what you are talking about sha, but I now eat three times a day unlike before, I'm an exporter not an importer kokomaster.
Life is good now(LGn)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by Makamuanwuo(m): 10:02am On Feb 21, 2016
it is a difficult situation,anyway man must chop
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by yaqq: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2016
most of the imported goods re now more expensive! we ll get there soon
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:25am On Feb 21, 2016
[s]
babyfaceafrica:
Its not..still eat three square meals,still buy shares,still sleep with my gf,still pay rents....God has been good...what about you?
[/s]
Keep leaving in fools paradise, while your people are committing suicides

Father Of Two Commits Suicide In Lagos [PHOTO] by jchima14: 9:50am
A vulcaniser and father of two children, Mr Fatai Sulaimon, yesterday reportedly committed suicide for yet-to-be-ascertained reasons. It was gathered that Sulaimon, who lived at No 26, Olorunda Street, Ijaiye Bus Stop, Lagos, with his wife and children, had reportedly left his wife’s side at the early hours of Saturday to take his own life by hanging himself after he had reportedly gagged himself with a cloth.

It was further gatherd that the deceased owned two motorcycles, with those close to him ruling out financial incapacitation as a reason for taking his life. Contacted, the spokesperson of the Lagos State Police Command, Dolapo Badmos said, the case had not be reported to the police.

SOURCE: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/latest-news/item/6003-f

5 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by babyfaceafrica: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2016
post=43116416:
[s][/s]
Keep leaving in fools paradise, while your people are committing suicides

Father Of Two Commits Suicide In Lagos [PHOTO] by jchima14: 9:50am
A vulcaniser and father of two children, Mr Fatai Sulaimon, yesterday reportedly committed suicide for yet-to-be-ascertained reasons. It was gathered that Sulaimon, who lived at No 26, Olorunda Street, Ijaiye Bus Stop, Lagos, with his wife and children, had reportedly left his wife’s side at the early hours of Saturday to take his own life by hanging himself after he had reportedly gagged himself with a cloth.

It was further gatherd that the deceased owned two motorcycles, with those close to him ruling out financial incapacitation as a reason for taking his life. Contacted, the spokesperson of the Lagos State Police Command, Dolapo Badmos said, the case had not be reported to the police.

SOURCE: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/latest-news/item/6003-f
its your people that commit suicide not mine...sweve gala seller!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by frankyychiji(f): 10:33am On Feb 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
When are you getting married?

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by babyfaceafrica: 10:50am On Feb 21, 2016
frankyychiji:
When are you getting married?
december...you are invited!!
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Guy, na your people o!
Sulaimon is not from Eastern region but from the cowardly region and thats why he deleted himself. He couldnt stand the bleeding economic "CHANGE" of una party APC.

8 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by EasternActivist: 11:35am On Feb 21, 2016
I don't buy firsthand electronics, phones and laptops because of the inflated price unlike before I used to...

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by EasternActivist: 11:38am On Feb 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

But the man wasn't Igbo but your kinsmen...
Or are you living in denial already like he said??
Smh for some people
They will rather suffer and smile than speaking the truth for them to be free...

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by korrej(m): 12:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Guy no make me para for u o!

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by korrej(m): 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
tuale4u:
Ok. The luxurious bus must be riding you well to primary producers

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by dedollarman(m): 12:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
Bag of rice #14,000 grin

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by frankyychiji(f): 1:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
december...you are invited!!
okay
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by igwe123: 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Lol, living in denial, yoruba trademark
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by brightl06(m): 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
Where there is a Casting down, I will be lifted up. I shall eat from the fruit if the land. when they say Nigeria is hard, I will feed from it soft portion. Am cut out of a heavenly linen, am not moved by the events.
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by highpriest4: 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
As for me, na blessing. Last December I struggled to make sale of 10-15 tins of locally produced and processed rice and other cereal in two days, but come and see what the lord has done for me, I now end the day with sale 30-37 tins a day.

Thanks dollar palava, all d mama put Dem for my area don switch to local rice

Buhari ese u ooo
#team1USD=1NGN

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by peacengine(m): 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
Bag of pure water is now N150/200

Price of foodstuff has gone up

Transportation has increased as a ripple effect of price increase on goods and services.
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by Omololu007(m): 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
peacengine:

Transportation has increased as a ripple effect of price increase on goods and services.
here in ijebu ode and ago iwoye,a bag of pure water is now N100
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by Omololu007(m): 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
you really disappoint me with your reply to that foo! .the op asked a question about how the economy is affecting we on nairaland,and the !diot is talking about a sulaimon in lagos

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by oyinkinola: 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
korrej:
To be frank I'm really getting pissed with what is going on with our economy. Being a student it is not easy to add extra amount to buy things when one has to manage. It is just frustrating!
Over to you!
3. ....OIL AND LFR
THE TWO MAIN MEANS OF INCOME FOR NIGERIA ECONOMY
.....with the determination of Nigeria president Buhari and the trust of of world leaders toward nigeria, from America, Eroupe, Asia and gulf nation the down price of oil and the rise in $ is not a corse to nigeria but a blessing.
Among the oil producing countries, and OPEC only nigeria have what other didn't, we have oil in common but nigeria have the looters as well, this opportunity raise nigeria above other oil nation and when all this country are frustrated with oil down price, nigeria have turn to her looted fund reserved to keep her economy running.
Nigeria is bless with oil and (LFR) looted fund reserve, when the oil price is down, the rise-up of dollar $ hike the value of our LFR, if government inject the LFR recovered on the economy, it will boot our economy!
at rate of $ to ₦ today if government managed to recovered $1 trillion LFR it will give us:

$1=₦400, $1trillion=₦400trillion!
I hereby challenge the Nigeria economists who insist that rising $ and downwards of oil price is a broke to nigeria economy to come-up for debate!
Note (LFR is looted fund reserve)

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by oyinkinola: 7:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
[b]The efforts of Nigerian government to recover the looted fund without the full supports of Nigerian would not make the task easy for the government, to recover the looted fund, we are hearing that the looters will fight back the nation and they were doing so without hide! it's samefull to this nation that a few elements with their evil acts and their colaborators hold down the 170 million nigerian in sufferance at the watch of themselves without any reactions isn't this a shame to the nation? If $1 trillion is unaccounted for and we are looking elsewhere for an angel to come and fix our economy for us without taken the looters responsible, it's a shame to this nation, if we still depend on the aid of western world , Usa, Asia gulf state for our own survival while harbouring the looters who looted us to bone without challenge, then it's a shame to the nation! if the Europian looted their treasory can they have the money to fix their economy talkless of helping others. if a party which formed for the service of the people openly support and protected the looters it is a shame, enough is enough for the office holders and publics sevants who looting nigeria treasory. NLFRC is now at watch of you looters and a drastic action will be taken against any looters!
here is some of the action taken so far:
Letter to the UN
Letter to the EU
Letter to the world bank and monetary institutions
Letter to the AU
Letter to the ECOWAS
Letter to the nations: Swis, Gb, Usa, Germany, Asian nation, Gulf states etc
we let's these international communities known that we need their full support on how to help nigerian government recover every kobo looted in nigeia and placed in their countries, no more hide out for the looters any longer, they either return the looted fund at their disposure or return it, no other options, they may try to play god or take is as joke all for their peril!

JOIN NLFRC Crusade to save nigeria nation!
NLFRC: Nigeria Looted Fund Reserve Recovered Crusade.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA....AMEN

co-ordinator oyinkinola[/b]
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2016
korrej:
Over to you!
To be truthful, it doest affct me anyway, i am not poorer not richer. Only what affect me is NO TIME because there is NO TIME anyway!
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by grandstar(m): 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
I wanted to go into online business but may have to forgo it due to the detiorating dollar rate.

The epic economic incompetence of Buhari makes GEJ so called cluelessness look like a blessing.

The naira will touch 600 if this expansionary budget is passed without a devaluation of the official rate.
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by oyinkinola: 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
grandstar:
I wanted to go into online business but may have to forgo it due to the detiorating dollar rate.

The epic economic incompetence of Buhari makes GEJ so called cluelessness look like a blessing.

The naira will touch 600 if this expansionary budget is passed without a devaluation of the official rate.

The efforts of Nigerian government to recover the looted fund without the full supports of Nigerian would not make the task easy for the government, to recover the looted fund, we are hearing that the looters will fight back the nation and they were doing so without hide! it's samefull to this nation that a few elements with their evil acts and their colaborators hold down the 170 million nigerian in sufferance at the watch of themselves without any reactions isn't this a shame to the nation? If $1 trillion is unaccounted for and we are looking elsewhere for an angel to come and fix our economy for us without taken the looters responsible, it's a shame to this nation, if we still depend on the aid of western world , Usa, Asia gulf state for our own survival while harbouring the looters who looted us to bone without challenge, then it's a shame to the nation! if the Europian looted their treasory can they have the money to fix their economy talkless of helping others. if a party which formed for the service of the people openly support and protected the looters it is a shame, enough is enough for the office holders and publics sevants who looting nigeria treasory. NLFRC is now at watch of you looters and a drastic action will be taken against any looters!
here is some of the action taken so far:
Letter to the UN
Letter to the EU
Letter to the world bank and monetary institutions
Letter to the AU
Letter to the ECOWAS
Letter to the nations: Swis, Gb, Usa, Germany, Asian nation, Gulf states etc
we let's these international communities known that we need their full support on how to help nigerian government recover every kobo looted in nigeia and placed in their countries, no more hide out for the looters any longer, they either return the looted fund at their disposure or return it, no other options, they may try to play god or take is as joke all for their peril!

JOIN NLFRC Crusade to save nigeria nation!
NLFRC: Nigeria Looted Fund Reserve Recovered Crusade.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA....AMEN

co-ordinator oyinkinola

1 Like

Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by pedrilo: 12:23am On Feb 22, 2016
peacengine:

dem dey import pure water?
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by fistonati(m): 12:46am On Feb 22, 2016
No matter how bad it seems, I will continue to afford anything I want

I shall lack nothing and have overflow
Re: How Is The Current Economic Situation Affecting You? by peacengine(m): 7:17am On Feb 22, 2016
[img][/img]
pedrilo:
dem dey import pure water?

Dem dey import the raw material wen dem dey take make the nylon.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Economic Retreat Mere Jamboree, Waste Of N250m Public Fund – Fayose / Militants Ask FG To Reclaim Ceded Bakassi Peninsular From Cameroon, Threaten Vio / The North Playing Osibanjo Like They Did Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.