Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Buhari To Float New Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Float New Party (4324 Views)

Peoples Mega Party (PMP): Aggrieved PDP Men Float New Party / Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Float New Party by bigfather(m): 9:34am On Jul 10, 2009
[b]A new political party will soon be floated by General Muhammadu Buhari’s supporters in the opposition All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) as an alternative platform for the General to contest the 2011 presidential elections should he fail to secure ANPP’s ticket, Daily Trust learnt in Kano yesterday. Buhari, a former military Head of State, was ANPP’s presidential candidate in the 2003 and 2007 elections.   

A knowledgeable source close to The Buhari Organization [TBO] said the new party is set to apply for registration with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), as the constitution that will regulate the new party’s affairs is now in place. He however declined to give the party’s name, saying however that the faction “has gone far in this regard” of adopting the name.   

He said the new party’s flag will have green, black and white colours. Initially, he said, the colour of the party’s flag was green and white but it was later changed to green, black and white on the advice of legal experts, who said the green and white colours will resemble the national flag of green-white-green. He also said the party’s logo will be a pen and an inscription, meaning that the party’s major focus is education.   

Former senator for Kano Central Alhaji Rufa’i Sani Hanga was also said to have been tipped for protem chairmanship of the party. The source said the new party is being formed in response to calls from General Buhari’s supporters for him to quit ANPP and join the proposed mega party or float a new party altogether.   

When contacted yesterday, chairman of the Buhari Network for Change Alhaji Abdulmajid Danbilki Commander declined comment on the new party, saying he was not in the best position to comment.

When contacted yesterday, TBO’s Director General Alhaji Sule Hamma told Daily Trust that he is not aware of such moves. He said General Buhari “is still in consultation with relevant organisations and individuals and that when the time comes, the outcome of the consultations would be made public.”

He added, “I am not aware that Gen. Buhari is floating a new party. We are still in the process of consultation as we earlier said. It is after the consultations and when the time comes that we would let the whole world knows about it.”

Another senior official of TBO told Daily Trust last night that some elements of Buhari’s supporters are vigorously pushing in that direction, but that the moves are not yet conclusive and no firm decision has been made to float a new party.

According to him, serious discussions have been held with various elements within and beyond ANPP as to what to do in the run-up to 2011. He said some political parties and other groups have asked for more time to make wider consultations before a firm decision is made.

General Muhammadu Buhari himself was attending one of such meetings last night when Daily trust sought to speak with him. His aide said the meeting would last far into the night, but that he did not know what it was all about.

Speculations that Buhari would float a new party gained currency earlier this year when his rift with the ANPP leadership led by Chief Edwin Ume-Ezeoke appeared to ne unbridgeable. Though Ezeoke was Buhari’s running mate in the 2007 polls, he led ANPP to enter into a Government of National Unity [GNU] with President Umaru Yar’adua’s PDP government soon after the polls. ANPP also withdrew from the suit instituted by Buhari against Yar’adua’s election and let him fight it alone up to the Supreme Court. Buhari’s politics now mostly revolves around TBO, the group of close associates that first launched him into politics in 2002. [/b]

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2486:buhari-to-float-new-party&catid=46:lead-stories&Itemid=140
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by puskin: 9:43am On Jul 10, 2009
What is it with our politicians.
They'll do anything nd everything 2get/hold/remain ìn power.
Na by force 2rule.
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by puskin: 9:45am On Jul 10, 2009
The one he looted in 83-85 wasn't enuff
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by generalzango(m): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2009
Is Buhari the only man in ANPP?
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by slinkky(m): 10:36am On Jul 10, 2009
Because of his antecedence and utterances in the past, it will be very difficult for Buhari to win a presidential election, either running on the platform of ANPP or any other political party.Unless he is the Running on the plat form of PDP, where he will be rigged in to power.Though personally i prefer him to Yar'adua
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by KnowAll(m): 11:31am On Jul 10, 2009
What is Buhari’s obsession with being the President of Nigeria again is it because he had an impromptu exit out of power and did not have enough time to clean up and tidy up nicely. What can it be, I don’t get this man’s obsession with the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Float New Party by kufreabasi(m): 11:33am On Jul 10, 2009
Why all these from these incredible politicians? why can't they go back home and have a second thought for their lives and families? coming back again to to add more shame to this country. Let them go down and give room to God's fearing and faithful ones to come into power and not all these looters and fraudsters.
Political parties is not a solution to this country's problem, instead it causes sentiment here and there.
embarassed shocked sad sad sad sad sad angry angry angry angry
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by FBS: 11:45am On Jul 10, 2009
Dear Lord save us from all these politicians.
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by abhosts(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2009
We need young and dynamic leaders like Fashola to Run this country. All these babas should go and rest. They have already done enough damage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Float New Party by Nezan(m): 11:47am On Jul 10, 2009
Ah, I tire for this Buhari guy-o, im no dey tire? grin
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by mechris: 11:58am On Jul 10, 2009
Dem don use forming of party swear for some pple.A good actor quits when ovation is loudest, since he rejoined the agbada politics after his military career he has simply messed it. He is a can;t win candidate in todays Nigeria.
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by Tonyet1(m): 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2009
With the way this Buhari of a man is going about securing the no.1 seat it creates ghost pimples on my skin

each time you read/listen on the news, it is either He is fighting his party chairman, fighting his aides, fighting his colleagues, opposing Yaradua's office or even slandering/accusing the whole nigerians of supporting a rigged president

something tells me he wants his way into power to revenge back on his personal enemies, well lets watch and c!
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by kokorunna(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2009
Some people never learn, the man should just retire from politics. He is too greedy for my liking shocked
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by lawwyblack(m): 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2009
thats if he lives to see 2011 sef embarassed since dem don born me na d same names I don they hear cant wait till they r all dead. angry
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by kokorunna(m): 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2009
The man is simply a CROOK with people like them Nigeria will never progress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Float New Party by Jakumo(m): 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2009
As his personal curse for being one of Nigerias' most repressive and arbitrary military despots,  Mr. Buhari will continue to waste every last dime of his stolen wealth on a succession of FAILED bids to re-enact his dictatorship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Float New Party by MrCrackles(m): 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2009
Do we really need more parties in Nigeria? angry
Buhari had his chance. . . . . .I wish someone can just bomb him into extinction! angry
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by Carlosein(m): 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Buhari had his chance. . . . . .I wish someone can just bomb him into extinction! angry

i nominate mrbrashkles grin
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by OYBMEND: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2009
PERENIAL PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE

This guy is nothing but an obstacle.
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by JustGood(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Not just him. All the bastards who have had a taste of power and brought Nigeria to its present state should be bombed into extinction!
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by MrCrackles(m): 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2009
Carlosein:

i nominate mrbrashkles grin

Me for where. . . . . . grin
I nor dey ooo! wink
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by MrCrackles(m): 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2009
JustGood:

Not just him. All the bastards who have had a taste of power and brought Nigeria to its present state should be bombed into extinction!

shocked grin cheesy wink
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by joshO: 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2009
He should be allowed to complete his term which was "unfairly disrupted". If I were him, I'll go to the supreme court to reclaim my mandate!  tongue
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by MrCrackles(m): 1:56pm On Jul 10, 2009
joshO:

He should be allowed to complete his term which was "unfairly disrupted". If I were him, I'll go to the supreme court to fight for his right! tongue

Fight for what right?
Is it his birth right that he must forcefully rule Nigeria again?
We dont want him. . . . .He should fuc.k off to planet mars and continue his quest for leadership there!
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by muhsin(m): 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2009
Oh, I pity Buhari. He should best quit politics.
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by webprof(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2009
Movie producer, CEO Festac Entertainment ltd selling off his VG Millenium Beetle for just N580,000!

Clean body
Strong Engine
Full Air cOnditioned
10 Loader Cd player
2.0 Litre engine
Manual Transmission

interested buyer can call: 08032729002

pictures available on request.
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by MrCrackles(m): 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2009
webprof:

Movie producer, CEO Festac Entertainment ltd selling off his VG Millenium Beetle for just N580,000!

Clean body
Strong Engine
Full Air cOnditioned
10 Loader Cd player
2.0 Litre engine
Manual Transmission

Are your eyes at the back of your head or are you just hopelessly daft? angry
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by kufreabasi(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2009
webprof:

Clean body
Strong Engine
Full Air cOnditioned
10 Loader Cd player
2.0 Litre engine
Manual Transmission

what has this got to do with this Buhari?
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by bandely(m): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2009
webprof:

Clean body
Strong Engine
Full Air cOnditioned
10 Loader Cd player
2.0 Litre engine
Manual Transmission

Does this place looks like Nairalist?

I don tire for people ooooooooooo shocked
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by benlay(m): 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2009
this dude shud go and sit down, when he was the head of state, he did not plan anything to hand over power to civillian, now he wanna benefit from it, hell NO, it's so pathetic that he still has followers, darned worse
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by PurestBoy(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2009
Jakumo:

As his personal curse for being one of Nigerias' most repressive and arbitrary military despots,  Mr. Buhari will continue to waste every last dime of his stolen wealth on a succession of FAILED bids to re-enact his dictatorship.

Jakumo Jakumo, OGA How far now? Where've u been? I've missed u here ooo
Re: Buhari To Float New Party by bawomolo(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2009
he is obviously power hungry or just seeking attention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti / If You Think Lynching Aka Jungle Justice Happens ONLY In Africa..read THIS!! / Enugu Set To Become Nigeria's Flagship City --- Guardian UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.