Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Why Is Music From Congo So Good. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Is Music From Congo So Good. (988 Views)

Is Music Really Kcee's Calling??? / Is Music In General Getting Better? / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Music From Congo So Good. by naliakar: 10:44am On Jul 10, 2009
I always wonder why the music and the musical craft from a single country should be so good, attractive and way above the notch compared to the rest in Africa. And Congo is relatively poor compared to say Nigeria. Just a thought.
Re: Why Is Music From Congo So Good. by JUNIT1(m): 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2009
it is not good, useless topic.
Re: Why Is Music From Congo So Good. by ofokasibe: 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2009
it is because it is makossa, anything makossa sounds good , because a makossa beat has a bouncy feel.
Re: Why Is Music From Congo So Good. by bombsquad(m): 3:53pm On Jul 10, 2009
Congo music is monotonous, kinda like a country full of terry g's, lol
Re: Why Is Music From Congo So Good. by naliakar: 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2009
Congo music is monotonous, kinda like a country full of terry g's, lol

Just check any of their videos. there is variety, there is class and above all, their music has a contagion about it that pervades the entire continent of Africa and beyond. Not even Fela Kuti in his hey days or ras Kimono would command half the following of say the late Franco of Ok Jazz or Koffi Olomide. Disabuse your mind of the monotony argument.
Re: Why Is Music From Congo So Good. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2009
great question.
Re: Why Is Music From Congo So Good. by Genuflect(m): 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2009
@naliakar You are obviously looking for attention if not you won't mention Fela the way you did
Re: Why Is Music From Congo So Good. by naliakar: 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2009
@naliakar You are obviously looking for attention if not you won't mention Fela the way you did

No I am not implying anything negative about Fela. Who would? He ramains a person of great accomplishments, musically and politically speaking. Nut I have traveled a lot around Africa and any talk of music tends to be dominated by Congolese vibes. many know Fela and Femi but would find Franco's or Koffi's music more palatable. This is what I have witnesses and it ain't baseless.

(1) (Reply)

Naeto C To Kel: “you Need A N*gga In Your Life To Buy You Fancy Sh*t” / D’prince Is Now The Boss! Mo’hits Star Launches His New Nightclub, Jonzing Tonig / Female Rapper Or Singer In Port Harcourt Needed For Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.