Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State (1513 Views)

ICPC Recovers 40 Cars From Ex-Directors Of Federal Ministry Of Water Resources(p / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Aregbesola Receives Cheers From Osun Citizens While On His Way To Work. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by Badex10(m): 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA:
IS PRESIDENT MUHAMMAD BUHARI OBLIVIOUS OF THE "DICTATORSHIP AND TYRANNICAL PROGRAMMES" OF GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA IN OSUN STATE?

Dear sir,
It is with great caution and RESPECT I write to SENSITIZE you sir of the great disaster waiting to happen in Osun State and indeed Nigeria if you do not step into this matter.

More importantly sir, you may need to call OGBENI AREGBESOLA of your party APC and whose governance is subjected to your Authority into order unless the State of Osun has been emancipated from Nigeria as suggested from their special renaming: State of Osun - I wonder if you know what that means sir because I don't!

In the first instance Mr President, you will recollect how you despite opposing forces granted bail out to Osun State for payment of backlog of salaries being owned by various states in Nigeria due to EXAGGERATED EFFECTS OF falling oil prices! Majority of the governors knew they have been eaten deep into their state revenues so when the oil prices started dwindling globally, it became obvious how extravagant they have been; not willing to douse their wasteful lifestyle.

Prior to this, the hymnal in the mouth of our own self- praise governor of Osun state was that the previous GEJ 's administration was " withholding" his allocation as a punitive measure for championing your course. We took this story hook, line and sinker. We were wrong and naive sir!

Surprisingly sir, the allocation you signed came in but this PRODIGAL SON of a governor decided to divert bulk of the funds for continuation of his MASSES UNFRIENDLY PROJECTS while releasing the salaries of workers in crunches after they have been OVERTAXED. We were disappointed because Mr. President had promised to see that the bail out would be used for its PRIMARY PURPOSE: WORKERS' SALARIES!

We could not believe sir that you would not set up committees to ensure the workers were not robbed the UMPTEENTH TIME!

The least you could have done sir was to ENSURE THE WORKERS GOT THEIR WAGES! I don't want to join forces with anyone in castigating you sir but that singular omission has indicted your excellency of being partial and impulsive; Dasukigate case being an example! More so, the dailies are reporting efforts of the Osun state governor and some other wasteful governors at getting another round of bail- out funds. This VICIOUS CYCLE of lavishing our meagre resources on OGBENI and his colleagues without accountability for the funds they have had in the past is UNPRECEDENTEDLY DEHUMANIZING for the workers that would have to endure the untold hardship being unleashed on them!

We thought APC whom you sold to us Mr. President would DELIVER; yet we are ENDANGERED!

The most annoying thing to me is the audacity with which your information minister keep running to the press at the slightest corruption allegations purported by the opposition party members while the OGBENI AREGBESOLA continues his business as USUAL SELF - AGGRANDISEMENT and misappropriation!

Who is OGBENI serving Mr President? Is it his unrealistic projects of airport and other O' nonsense programmes Or the masses whose wages are being plundered into the " leaking BASKET" OF IDIOSYNCRASIES! The teachers and all other workers of the state are devastated having to be governed by a dictator whom we know you see every FEC meeting; Sir, I just hope you are not sacrificing Osun on the table of political payback time to Ogbeni!

Mr President sir! You might claim you are not aware of all these calamities but you would have seen how much Osun state take home from already dwindled allocation. The December allocation for Osun was allegedly said to be zero. Simply because our "Omoluabi in reverse" governor had borrowed against our great great grandChildren' future for projects that would not improve economy of the state. Loans we have not heard in our parents lives. From Banks" bonds, Sukuk loans, Islamic state of Osun loans to popular yoruba over -capitalized interest loans called "gbomulelanta", Mr governor has thrown Osun into years of Slavery of repayment!

How would you stem this "unreasonable" financial behaviour of OGBENI and other governors that may want to " copy" this " madness" before the masses begin taking law into their hands - already local thieves and armed robbers have gone back to their drawing board in Osun state - Is this still democracy in our land?

Governor Aregbesola seems to have bought all opposition forces in Osun state from Osun state NLC to the members of house of Assembly and the State judiciary, all have eaten the " proverbial dodo (plantain)" and cannot say the "ododo" (the truth);the least being staging a FALSE CONFRONTATION against the Mr. Governor. The only voices presently are those of the BRAVE FEMALE State judge Mrs Oloyede - who in recent times have been embarrassed by different queries even from the NJC - and the Doctors in the state who are at the verge of abandoning Osun state! Osun is about to loose finally her voice and freedom enshrined by the democracy you cherished sir unless you act promptly Mr. President.

IMO state workers and masses thank you for not being gullible like Osun NLC!

The last straw that broke the Carmel back was the continuous paralysis of education and health institutions in Osun. While the teachers and other workers in the state have resolved to taking half salaries despite being owned backlogs - a move that is manifesting in educational and moral decadence in Osun ( coming 29th out of 36 states in Nigeria by Osun is not a day's job really); the doctors have decided to damn the consequences of OGBENI' s stubbornness and wickedness by withdrawing their ESSENTIAL SERVICES unless Mr governor would pay the backlog of salaries arrears from June! Their claim is a doctor cannot treat patient half way and so they would not collect half salaries. Seem justified. Not asking for salary upfront!

I almost lost my sick aunt when I took her to one of the best teaching hospitals in Nigeria - LAUTECH Osogbo. The governor confused - media assistant Semiu Okanlawon keep circulating falsehood that doctors were working - a move to save their failed state- only to be greeted by empty wards and deafening silence. What a disaster that almost became for me! It was by divine help that I got a doctor' s assistance for my Aunt. How many more lives have been lost? I cannot say but I know that the mortuaries are already congested!

Now the doctors will soon be joined by their colleagues in Obafemi Awolowo teaching hospital Ile Ife in solidarity strike and later the strike may become nationwide. Meanwhile Ogbeni is still stuck to his gun of financial recklessness, economically unsustainable contracts and multi billion naira inflated airport and state of art school buildings projects with ill - motivated teachers. Ogbeni still flies his helicopter. Ogbeni still bought cars worth of millions of naira to his " dummy" legislators!

I am appalled.

On a final note Mr. President, I strongly feel you should look seriously into these issues before you as a matter of urgency, before Osun state bring other health institutions in the countries onto their knees and school students and youths begin kidnapping business to support their hunger stricken parents which up till now is an unconsidered work in the south west.

No need for loosing more lives; Boko haram has done his worst......
No need for amnesty programme; we can still salvage this situation......
No need for hiring Cuba doctors Ogbeni; our children are still the part of the Best brains in Medicine globally!

Mr President sir, no need for looking away from AREGBESOLA' s affairs; he would disgrace you and bring your name into disrepute - we know he campaigned for your winning mode already activated!

Sir, you can delegate people to salvage this horrendous scenarios if you must travel again!
Sincerely Yours,
Jamiu Orimolade.
(The unemployed graduate)

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by eksammy(m): 7:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
hmm

this is a bit long but i suspect it will be well with this thread.....

.....brb cheesy grin cool
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by ozoigbondu: 7:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
Are gbese
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by dmostcheerful(f): 7:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
Too late to cry
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by Flexherbal(m): 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
The president should look into this.
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by Alibesamuel: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
Oga u for write this thing in awusa lang so that apc president go understand am, unless u won opposite translation from lie mohammed.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by Daplux4: 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
@ op u write to someone who can not read nor write and even if u read it to him he will not understand the most important part of it
Thats the price we hv to pay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by abimbawealth(f): 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
Hmmmm, State of Osun

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by free13: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
#apcchanji .. grin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by muchmonie2016(m): 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
Badex10:
IS PRESIDENT MUHAMMAD BUHARI OBLIVIOUS OF THE "DICTATORSHIP AND TYRANNICAL PROGRAMMES" OF GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA IN OSUN STATE?

Dear sir,
It is with great caution and RESPECT I write to SENSITIZE you sir of the great disaster waiting to happen in Osun State and indeed Nigeria if you do not step into this matter.

More importantly sir, you may need to call OGBENI AREGBESOLA of your party APC and whose governance is subjected to your Authority into order unless the State of Osun has been emancipated from Nigeria as suggested from their special renaming: State of Osun - I wonder if you know what that means sir because I don't!

In the first instance Mr President, you will recollect how you despite opposing forces granted bail out to Osun State for payment of backlog of salaries being owned by various states in Nigeria due to EXAGGERATED EFFECTS OF falling oil prices! Majority of the governors knew they have been eaten deep into their state revenues so when the oil prices started dwindling globally, it became obvious how extravagant they have been; not willing to douse their wasteful lifestyle.

Prior to this, the hymnal in the mouth of our own self- praise governor of Osun state was that the previous GEJ 's administration was " withholding" his allocation as a punitive measure for championing your course. We took this story hook, line and sinker. We were wrong and naive sir!

Surprisingly sir, the allocation you signed came in but this PRODIGAL SON of a governor decided to divert bulk of the funds for continuation of his MASSES UNFRIENDLY PROJECTS while releasing the salaries of workers in crunches after they have been OVERTAXED. We were disappointed because Mr. President had promised to see that the bail out would be used for its PRIMARY PURPOSE: WORKERS' SALARIES!

We could not believe sir that you would not set up committees to ensure the workers were not robbed the UMPTEENTH TIME!

The least you could have done sir was to ENSURE THE WORKERS GOT THEIR WAGES! I don't want to join forces with anyone in castigating you sir but that singular omission has indicted your excellency of being partial and impulsive; Dasukigate case being an example! More so, the dailies are reporting efforts of the Osun state governor and some other wasteful governors at getting another round of bail- out funds. This VICIOUS CYCLE of lavishing our meagre resources on OGBENI and his colleagues without accountability for the funds they have had in the past is UNPRECEDENTEDLY DEHUMANIZING for the workers that would have to endure the untold hardship being unleashed on them!

We thought APC whom you sold to us Mr. President would DELIVER; yet we are ENDANGERED!

The most annoying thing to me is the audacity with which your information minister keep running to the press at the slightest corruption allegations purported by the opposition party members while the OGBENI AREGBESOLA continues his business as USUAL SELF - AGGRANDISEMENT and misappropriation!

Who is OGBENI serving Mr President? Is it his unrealistic projects of airport and other O' nonsense programmes Or the masses whose wages are being plundered into the " leaking BASKET" OF IDIOSYNCRASIES! The teachers and all other workers of the state are devastated having to be governed by a dictator whom we know you see every FEC meeting; Sir, I just hope you are not sacrificing Osun on the table of political payback time to Ogbeni!

Mr President sir! You might claim you are not aware of all these calamities but you would have seen how much Osun state take home from already dwindled allocation. The December allocation for Osun was allegedly said to be zero. Simply because our "Omoluabi in reverse" governor had borrowed against our great great grandChildren' future for projects that would not improve economy of the state. Loans we have not heard in our parents lives. From Banks" bonds, Sukuk loans, Islamic state of Osun loans to popular yoruba over -capitalized interest loans called "gbomulelanta", Mr governor has thrown Osun into years of Slavery of repayment!

How would you stem this "unreasonable" financial behaviour of OGBENI and other governors that may want to " copy" this " madness" before the masses begin taking law into their hands - already local thieves and armed robbers have gone back to their drawing board in Osun state - Is this still democracy in our land?

Governor Aregbesola seems to have bought all opposition forces in Osun state from Osun state NLC to the members of house of Assembly and the State judiciary, all have eaten the " proverbial dodo (plantain)" and cannot say the "ododo" (the truth);the least being staging a FALSE CONFRONTATION against the Mr. Governor. The only voices presently are those of the BRAVE FEMALE State judge Mrs Oloyede - who in recent times have been embarrassed by different queries even from the NJC - and the Doctors in the state who are at the verge of abandoning Osun state! Osun is about to loose finally her voice and freedom enshrined by the democracy you cherished sir unless you act promptly Mr. President.

The last straw that broke the Carmel back was the continuous paralysis of education and health institutions in Osun. While the teachers and other workers in the state have resolved to taking half salaries despite being owned backlogs - a move that is manifesting in educational and moral decadence in Osun ( coming 29th out of 36 states in Nigeria by Osun is not a day's job really); the doctors have decided to damn the consequences of OGBENI' s stubbornness and wickedness by withdrawing their ESSENTIAL SERVICES unless Mr governor would pay the backlog of salaries arrears from June! Their claim is a doctor cannot treat patient half way and so they would not collect half salaries. Seem justified. Not asking for salary upfront!

I almost lost my sick aunt when I took her to one of the best teaching hospitals in Nigeria - LAUTECH Osogbo. The governor confused - media assistant Semiu Okanlawon keep circulating falsehood that doctors were working - a move to save their failed state- only to be greeted by empty wards and deafening silence. What a disaster that almost became for me! It was by divine help that I got a doctor' s assistance for my Aunt. How many more lives have been lost? I cannot say but I know that the mortuaries are already congested!

Now the doctors will soon be joined by their colleagues in Obafemi Awolowo teaching hospital Ile Ife in solidarity strike and later the strike may become nationwide. Meanwhile Ogbeni is still stuck to his gun of financial recklessness, economically unsustainable contracts and multi billion naira inflated airport and state of art school buildings projects with ill - motivated teachers. Ogbeni still flies his helicopter. Ogbeni still bought cars worth of millions of naira to his " dummy" legislators!

I am appalled.

On a final note Mr. President, I strongly feel you should look seriously into these issues before you as a matter of urgency, before Osun state bring other health institutions in the countries onto their knees and school students and youths begin kidnapping business to support their hunger stricken parents which up till now is an unconsidered work in the south west.

No need for hiring Cuba doctors Ogbeni; our children are still the part of the Best brains in Medicine globally!

Mr President sir, no need for looking away from AREGBESOLA' s affairs; he would disgrace you and bring your name into disrepute - we know he campaigned for your winning mode already activated!

Sir, you can delegate people to salvage this horrendous scenarios if you must travel again!
Sincerely Yours,
Jamiu Orimolade.
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by Olril18(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
Badex10:

Dear sir,

I am appalled.

Sincerely Yours,
Jamiu Orimolade.
lol medicine after death
u voted for change
enjoy it while it last.
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by chiefobdk(m): 9:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
apc. chain.

dem Don dey go one by one.
apc. disgracing the nation
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by otitokoroleti: 10:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
sai chanji
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by johnmartus(m): 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
this your write up will not pass nairaland even you have to pray very well in order to make frontpage talk on mr president will read it you know why? you sound as if you can find lasting resolution to your predicament also you too aggressive insulting a whole governor.
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by sultaan(m): 10:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
Maybe as a government worker you should learn about carrying your own weight in the private sector that was paying some of your salaries.

If you go to work daily and you did not bring in any monetary to your parastatal you are basically feeding off someone else sweat and blood like things called mosquitoes and leeches so if your government work can't feed you quit and join the rest of the society in their daily struggle.

When most government workers make money from those private individual needing their services they feel it is their entitlement to supplement their income now its time to see how things are from the other side

Good luck in all your endeavors
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by ziccoit: 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Brb
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by Sunbellar: 6:38am On Feb 22, 2016
Dead on arrival! Enjoy your change!
Re: An Open Letter To The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria: From Osun State by tayade: 9:37am On Feb 22, 2016
apc.....changi..n....
lalastica, obinoscopy.....ishilove.... do the needful

(1) (Reply)

Senator Bukola Saraki Patronised Made In Nigeria Clothes Pictures / Goodluck Jonathan Snubs Meeting With PDP Chairman Modu Sheriff [PUNCH] / Biafrans In Austria Disgrace Nigerian Foreign Minister In A Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.