Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

Help Choose A career - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Choose A career (975 Views)

How To Choose A Project Topic / Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question / Help Choose A Career Path For An Agric. Engineering Stdnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Choose A career by pet4ril(f): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2016
We have always wanted our brother to be a medical doctor.
He wrote jamb in 2013 and was given botany, i refused to let him go because it was his first time and we all want him to study medicine, he later applied in health school and was given environmental health but he refused that he wanted medicine.
So this year, he was given biochem and we had no choice than to let him go, but somebody suggested that he can work it to medicine which he did but unfortunately, he was given Anatomy
Now he is confuse on which one to go for, especially in case of employment after school
Please nlders with experience in these fields, which one should he go for?
I don't want to sponsor somebody in school and the person will still be a burden to me(God forbod) after school
Re: Help Choose A career by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 22, 2016
Its Career
Re: Help Choose A career by Acidosis(m): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2016
Why are you all forcing/pushing your brother to become a medical doctor? The boy must be so confused right now.

You need to erase the thought that he may end up jobless after school. Anatomy or no anatomy, if he succeeds and determined, he'd not depend on you after school.

I studied a sister course to Anatomy, and I don't even know where my certificate/cv is as I type this. Mind you, I'm not depending on anyone for survival. Allow the boy make his decision, he has wasted some years already due to insecurity on the path of his sisters.

As far as Nigeria is concerned, nobody will beg you to take up a job because you studied a particular course, everyone applies for jobs after graduation and some excel depending on availability, grade or experience. Even doctors are not exempted, and that's the reason some earn close to N300k and some manage N80k in private clinics.

1 Like

Re: Help Choose A career by pet4ril(f): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2016
Acidosis:
Why are you all forcing/pushing your brother to become a medical doctor? The boy must be so confused right now.

You need to erase the thought that he may end up jobless after school. Anatomy or no anatomy, if he succeeds and determined, he'd not depend on you after school.

I studied a sister course to Anatomy, and I don't even know where my certificate/cv is as I type this. Mind you, I'm not depending on anyone for survival. Allow the boy make his decision, he has wasted some years already due to insecurity on the path of his sisters.

As far as Nigeria is concerned, nobody will beg you to take up a job because you studied a particular course, everyone applies for jobs after graduation and some excel depending on availability, grade or experience. Even doctors are not exempted, and that's the reason some earn close to N300k and some manage N80k in private clinics.
thanks but we just want to know the one he should go for out of the Anatomy and biochem that he is having now
Re: Help Choose A career by pet4ril(f): 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2016
favoured234:
Its Career
thanks...
Your contribution is needed too
Re: Help Choose A career by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
pet4ril:
thanks...
Your contribution is needed too
Let him study whatever he wants to and try as much as possible to invest in his education and encourage him to do the best..

That he studied medicine does not guarantee that he will not be a burden on you..
Or he studied biochem does not mean that he will not be super-independent and prosperous financially

Truth is that I understand your concern but then, lets not try to show so much concern and end up playing the God of mans life...

Just encourage him, he can make 1st class in biochem
Re: Help Choose A career by pet4ril(f): 2:05pm On Feb 22, 2016
favoured234:

Let him study whatever he wants to and try as much as possible to invest in his education and encourage him to do the best..

That he studied medicine does not guarantee that he will not be a burden on you..
Or he studied biochem does not mean that he will not be super-independent and prosperous financially

Truth is that I understand your concern but then, lets not try to show so much concern and end up playing the God of mans life...

Just encourage him, he can make 1st class in biochem
thank you

(1) (Reply)

DEBATE : Opposing The Motion Which Says Better Pay The Cook Than The Doctor / 10 Universities With The RICHEST Graduates In The World - / Between GMAT And GRE, Which Is Easier To Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.