Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe (3581 Views)

Magnus Abe Meets Wike's Wife At A Wedding (Photos) / "Tell Wike That I Will Attend Night Club In His Village"- Amaechi Vows. See Pics / Magnus Abe Wins, As Appeal Court Sacks All PDP Senators In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by kcmichael: 2:52pm On Feb 22, 2016
A transcript of the impromptu speech delivered by Senator Magnus Abe to over 40 thousand Ogoni people at Bori on the 21/2/2016.
I want to welcome everybody to this event today and also give special thanks to the Khana Connected Friends and everybody in that group. I have put my fate in the hands of the youths of Ogoni because this election is for the benefit of the future and the youths are the future. Whatever they want to do with this election is what will happen, so I have put my fate in their hands.
I want to respond to one thing I noticed about our supporters. Anyday they hear that some people have decamped to our fold, they keep asking why we accept decampees. I want to answer to them that in the sky there are many stars and non has ever pushed another away in order to shine. So if the sky can accommodate every star, then APC can accormodate every decampee.
Today I want to tell you a story. One day, the child of a snake and the child of a frog went out to play together as friends. After having a field day playing together, they both returned home to their mothers. The mother of the frog asked her child "where have you been since morning?", the child retorted that he has been out playing with the child of a snake. The mother fumed in anger and sternly warned her child, "never ever in your entire life play with the child of a snake again. Are you hearing me? The day you repeat that risk, you will be dead. The child of the snake will swallow you as food."
The child of the snake also came home and complained of hunger. The mother asked him, "where have you been since morning? I have been looking for you all over the place. Where were you?" The child of the snake responded that he has been out since morning playing with that child of a frog. At that disclosure, the mother was enraged. "Can you see how stupid you are? Don't you know that the child of a frog is your food? So you have been playing with your food all day only to come here and complain of hunger. Come on, run away from here and go and look for that your friend and eat him up. He is your food"
The child of the snake ran away and saw the child of the frog from a distance and yelled "my dear friend, please come close, let's play again as usual". With wisdom all over his eyes, the child of the frog responded, "my friend, whatever your mother told you, my own mother also told me".
On Saturday, Governor Nyeson Wike came to khana, and he told the people of Khana that the only thing he wants from them is for them to fail Sen. Magnus Abe in the senatorial election. Someone should go and tell him that WHATEVER IT IS THAT HIS OWN MOTHER TOLD HIM, OUR OWN MOTHER HAS ALSO TOLD US. What did I say? I said, and I want to repeat, somebody should go and tell Governor Wike that whatever his own mother in Ikwerre land told him, our own mother in Ogoni land has told us.
Nobody can deceive us. Nobody can call us fools. Why would the election of Senator Magnus Abe be more important to him than the one in his own senatorial district? Why should the election of Senator Magnus Abe from Ogoni be more important than the one in his own senatorial district? That thing that makes this election more important to him than his own makes it more important to you than any other election. It is for that reason that we cannot afford to lose on the 19th of March. We must come out and vote. This is our own thing. Nobody can make us begin to go back to the time that we want to go away from. I know the importance of this election to the Ogoni people. I know the importance of this election to the people of Rivers South-East Senatorial District. And I know that nobody, however well proportioned the person may be can love us more than we love ourselves.
We have seen several governors. Nyesom Wike is not the first. By now, the Ogoni people know that there is no governor that can love them more than they love themselves.
If Nyesom Wike loves Ogoni people, he should start with the ones working with him. Why did he suspend a man without even hearing from him? Himself was a council chairman. Fred Kpakol was a council chairman. What made him higher than Fred was that his brother was governor. If Fred'd brother was governor, Fred would also have been higher than him.
They say the sermon in an evening service is usually not long. Today, I don't want to talk too much. I just want to thank you people. The work we have to do is ahead of us. When I see you people, I am strengthened. When I see you people, I am strong. When I see you people, I am confident. When I see you people, I know that victory is sure. When I see you people, I know that my people are with me. And if your people are with you, you have nothing to fear.
This election is about people. Whoever has the people will win the election. I have the people because I have you. As long as you are there, nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody can steal our mandate. Let me repeat what I have said before. Dr. Benneth Birabi told me that there was no slave of Ogoni extraction because Ogoni people refused to be slaves. Even when there was no government, there was no army, there was no police, there was no constitution, our forefathers did not agree to be slaves to anybody. Now, how can you be a slave in your own land? Is that possible? (Crowd, Noooooo)
So let us go home and prepare. If they come from the north, we shall meet them in the north. If they come from the south, we shall meet them in the south. If they come from the east, we shall meet them in the east. If they come come from the west, we shall meet them in the west, but we shall win!
Thank you and God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by Abagworo(m): 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
Nigeria and tribalism. I love Abbey anyway but he shouldn't have used tribe as his main point. He stylishly reffered to Ikwerre people as snake.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by utytill(m): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
Tribe,tongue and religion.hmmmm
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by cckris: 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
This very selfish Magnus Abe is in a Boko Haram party that is making life unnecessarily more difficult for Nigerians. APC is going to lose all elections in this region.

10 Likes

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by dunkem21(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
Politics sef ..Imagine somebori calling himself the child of a frog grin

2 Likes

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by nakamora: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
Children of nowadays hate proverbs, that is why there is confusion everywhere. They don't understand deeper things. Na wao.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by shaddoww: 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
God bless d originator
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by okuneddie(m): 4:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
All is see politics.....all politicians are the same irrespective of the party and some nanamu will want to kill themselves cos of them......Meanwhile......

A teacher in lagos asked his students, 1+1= ?. A
student stood up and said 4. An igbo man
passing by overhead the response, he shook his
head and said: "This APC government will kill us
in this country. Everything has increased, dollar,
transport fare, fuel prices, foodstuff, beer,
...everything. Even 1+1 that used to be 2 has now
gone up to 4...

3 Likes

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by banty: 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
I need a crunchy headies from the creek if u knw what I mean!
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by HopeAtHand: 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
It has taken quite a while, but little by little, Ogoni people have started having sense. They shouldn't allow Wike impose an Eleme man on the major Ogoni tribe.

I also want to see if Okrika man would win an Ikwerreman in Rivers East.
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by HopeAtHand: 5:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
Abagworo:
Nigeria and tribalism. I love Abbey anyway but he shouldn't have used tribe as his main point. He stylishly reffered to Ikwerre people as snake.

Abe went a tad too far. This statement of his may haunt him in future when he needs the support of the Ikwerres on anything in Rivers. We will remember he made the distinction btwn Ikwerres and Ogonis.
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by Truckpusher(m): 5:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
HopeAtHand:
It has taken quite a while, but little by little, Ogoni people have started having sense. They shouldn't allow Wike impose an Eleme man on the major Ogoni tribe.

You and I are very much aware that Magnus Abe was and is still a big flop to the Ogoni people - He can make all the parables of the "little snake and little frog" he will never smell the senate again.
Rivers State is PDP , head to toe .

1 Like

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by AtlanticBreeze: 5:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
HopeAtHand:

This are still the WE SS? LMAOOO.. PDP will win everything. Magnus Abbey is just a rabble rouser.. The one that calls himself andrew uchendu is an old man that is due for retirement.

1 Like

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by lordcabasa(m): 6:02pm On Feb 22, 2016
Who be snake, who be frog?

Naija and divide and rule politicians.

Do you have to create enmity amongst the people by sowing seeds of discord and tribalism before you rule dem?

I wish my dear Naija wasn't so Cursed with Selfish, Greedy and Bad Leaders
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by HopeAtHand: 6:05pm On Feb 22, 2016
Truckpusher:
You and I are very much aware that Magnus Abe was and is still a big flop to the Ogoni people - He can make all the parables of the "little snake and little frog" he will never smell the senate again.
Rivers State is PDP , head to toe .

Inside feelers from Rivers PDP camp has made it known to me that the Rivers PDP has decided to concentrate on the RVHA elections as that is more pertinent to their existence in Brickhouse.

I pity people like Sekibo, Olaka and Ideozu. They will be used as soft bargains. Abe cannot be defeated by Olaka. And i will see how Sekibo can win in free and fair against Uchendu.

1 Like

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by Truckpusher(m): 6:08pm On Feb 22, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Inside feelers from Rivers PDP camp has made it known to me that the Rivers PDP has decided to concentrate on the RVHA elections as that is more pertinent to their existence in Brickhouse.

I pity people like Sekibo, Olaka and Ideozu. They will be used as soft bargains. Abe cannot be defeated by Olaka. And i will see how Sekibo can win in free and fair against Uchendu.
Well, the RVHA is what everyone is concentrating on though it would be sweeter to see people like Abe go into a political coma till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by HopeAtHand: 6:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
Truckpusher:
Well, the RVHA is what everyone is concentrating on though it would be sweeter to see people like Abe go into a political coma till 2019.

Since the Ruling party can now write on result sheets and present the figures as election results, where does that leave opposition PDP??

Is Tribunal or appeal court relevant?? grin cheesy

You gotta love the Nigerian Supreme court.
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by ican2020: 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
The man that bears old testament name needs help fast
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by babasanti: 6:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Sekibo will give uchendu a crushing and sweepin victory, a compsory retirement from politics.
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by Truckpusher(m): 6:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Since the Ruling party can now write on result sheets and present the figures as election results, where does that leave opposition PDP??

Is Tribunal or appeal court relevant?? grin cheesy

You gotta love the Nigerian Supreme court.
I know you were devastated when the Judas of Ubima couldn't pull that one like he did with the appellate court and in the APC tribunal .

You just gotta love the Supreme Court, they can't be bought and sold by one loud mouthed ex Governor over a fresh working Governor neither were they afraid of the fake body language of the self acclaimed Mr integrity .

Wike is working , now confess please . grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by Truckpusher(m): 6:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
babasanti:

Sekibo will give uchendu a crushing and sweepin victory, a compsory retirement from politics.
Even the dogs in my street knew about this - HopeAthand has simply lost touch with his moniker - Too many dashed hopes for him this year. cheesy grin
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by HopeAtHand: 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2016
Truckpusher:
I know you were devastated when the Judas of Ubima couldn't pull that one like he did with the appellate court and in the APC tribunal .

You just gotta love the Supreme Court, they can't be bought and sold by one loud mouthed ex Governor over a fresh working Governor neither were they afraid of the fake body language of the self acclaimed Mr integrity .

Wike is working , now confess please . grin

You didnt get my drift.

When Rivers APC doctors all the results, the PDP is done as the Supreme court has already affirmed. The REC, results sheets and Security outfits belongs to who?? grin grin......maybe GoRound tongue
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by HopeAtHand: 6:31pm On Feb 22, 2016
Truckpusher:
Even the dogs in my street knew about this - HopeAthand has simply lost touch with his moniker - Too many dashed hopes for him this year. cheesy grin

We were disappointed with the Supreme court judgement, but i personally do not like that old man Uchendu.. We just want to win to put Okrika where their level reach.
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by Truckpusher(m): 6:33pm On Feb 22, 2016
HopeAtHand:

You didnt get my drift.

When Rivers APC doctors all the results, the PDP is done as the Supreme court has already affirmed. The REC, results sheets and Security outfits belongs to who?? grin grin......maybe GoRound tongue
Well, I hope you are aware that Wike's last statement before the Supreme Court verdict is still intact.

Rig and roast.
"If you're coming to Rivers State to rig election , prepare your will" - Wike .
This is where we stand .

1 Like

Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by tpiar: 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
why is it the mothers, do the fathers not tell their own stories too?
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by seunmsg(m): 6:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
Abagworo:

I think I once saw a post where you referred to Emeka Ihedioha as a Mbaise snake. Point is, we are all guilty of tribalism when it goes along with our narratives.
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by gimmehear(f): 6:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
lol. visit gimmehear.com to read kanye passed out with north
Re: Tell Gov.wike,that My Mother Has Told Me What His Mother Told Him -magnus Abe by HopeAtHand: 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2016
Truckpusher:
Well, I hope you are aware that Wike's last statement before the Supreme Court verdict is still intact.

Rig and roast.
"If you're coming to Rivers State to rig election , prepare your will" - Wike .
This is where we stand .

The Weeks leading to the supreme court judgement, Wike was very calm, you didn't hear him make any careless utterances. He said he almost had high BP due to excessive thinking. Now Wike is threatening and fuming everywhere...truly, Power is a conceit which reveals our limitations.

(1) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida Dead - Google Most Searched / Governor Fayose’s Bank Account Frozen Because It Contained ₦1.2billion / Nigerian Army Capture Soldiers Who Beat Up Cripple In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.