Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,801 members, 7,831,605 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/02/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/02/16 (821 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/02/18 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/02/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/02/16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/02/16 by dallyemmy: 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE : TUESDAY 23 FEBRUARY 2016

THEME : HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Memorise :

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalms 90:12

Read : Psalms 90:1-12

1 LORD, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.

2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

3 Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.

4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

5 Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up.

6 In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down, and withereth.

7 For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled.

8 Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance.

9 For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.

10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

11 Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath.

12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

The theme of Psalm 90 focuses on making the most of the short lifespan that we have as mortal human beings. The passage speaks of death as returning to dust, and discusses the total lifespan of man as being transitory, like an ordinary grass of the field. It also describes what humans proudly refers to as glorious years as a short lifespan spend serious labour and great sorrow. Therefore, Psalm 90 discusses the concept of human life with such an unpleasant and derogatory language that it calls to mind the need to find a way of making the best out of life. The situation is made worse by the complimentary witness of other Bible passages such as Ecclesiastes 1:2:

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

Job 14:1-2 that's says :
MAN that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.

Furthermore, the experiences of life tallies with the Word of God in the most perfect sense, as revealed in the biblical testimonies of people such as Moses, Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Esther, Ruth,David, Solomon, Elijah, John the Baptist, and the Apostles. The Stories of the life of these people of God are full of hard labour, uncertainty, disappointment, betrayal, persecution,failure, and death. Though there people were mostly prophets and anointed kings, yet their stories show that they ended well only by divine intervention. Bible scholars generally identified Moses as the author of Psalm 90. The counsel of this great prophet who succeeded in life despite having his own fair of troubles and tribulations should therefore be taken seriously. Psalms 90:12 says :

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

True wisdom comes from God alone and it is quite different from worldly wisdom that is based on human cleverness, insight, and intuition without Gods revelation which brings little profit. This passage speakers of the ability to make the most of our time in this world, despite the brevity of life. To do this require a new understanding of the Meaning of life. To number our days is to value the time we have by using it for eternal purposes. Focusing on eternity which then produces a heart of wisdom, enables a child of God to live in line with the word of God.

Godly wisdom is made available by digging deep into the Word of God. It is received through total submission to the will of God, impacted to Christians by Gods Holy Spirit, and graciously given in response to the fervent prayers of the saints of God. As you begin to dip deeper into the Word of God in total submission to His will in prayers, He will pour down His heavenly wisdom upon your life in Jesus name.

Prayer Point :

Father, please fill me with the wisdom to excel in life and ministry in Jesus name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : Luke 17:11-19:27 and Job 27:13-28:6

AUTHOR : Pst E. A ADEBOYE

4 Likes

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/02/16 by dallyemmy: 9:09am On Feb 23, 2016
DAY FORTY-FOUR THE REDEEMED PRAY AND FAST FOR 50 DAYS!
DAY 44, Tuesday 23rd February, 2016
PRAYER FOR SUPERNATURAL ABUNDANCE
Prayer Points:
1. Father, Give Me Wisdom And Understanding To Operate In Enlargement In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!
2. Father, I Declare That I Enter And Break Forth Into Enlargement In The Name Of Jesus. Amen! Psalm 4:1
3. Father, I Will Not Let You Go Until You Bless Me And I Conquer This Mountain In The Name Of Jesus. Amen! Psalm 18:29, Genesis 32:26
4. Lord, Activate Every Man You Have Ordained To Connect Me To My Enlargement In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!Daniel 5:9-12, Genesis 41:14, Exodus 17:12
5. Supernatural Progress And Abundance Is My Portion! I Will Be Selected From The Crowd For Lifting Up And Enlargement This Year 2016 And Beyond In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!
6. Father, You Sent Jesus For Us To Live In Abundance! I Take Divine Authority And Prevail Over Every Enemy Who Wants To Steal, To Kill And To Destroy My Abundant Life In The Name Of Jesus. Amen! John 10:10
7. Every Pharaoh And His Plans Against My Divine Supernatural Abundance Shall Fail In The Name Of Jesus. Amen! Exodus 1:16
8. Father, This Season Make My Insurmountable Problems To Crumble At Your Feet! We Shall March Forward Into Progress! Upliftment! Peace And Joy That Will Lead To My Supernatural Abundance In The Name Of Jesus. Amen! Joshua 6:20
9. Father, This Is The Confidence That We Have In Jesus That Everything We Have Asked You According To Is Will You Hear And Grant Our Request In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!
10. Choose Your Song Of Praise And Worship To Adore God Because There Shall Be A Performance And A Fulfilment In The Name Of Jesus. Amen!
B. Add Your Personal Prayer Request For Day Forty- Four! Make Your Personal Requests Known With Thanksgiving! Philippians 4:6
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/02/16 by dallyemmy: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2016
Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (Tuesday February 23rd 2016)
HOW OLD ARE YOU?

1.I worship you Father because you are the eternal rock of ages and the ancient of days.

2.Thank you Father for bringing me into existence and for preserving my life to witness this day.

3.Father, let every sin I have committed, since I was born, be blotted out by your mercy, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, please, help me to make the most of my life and existence in this world, despite the brevity of life.

5.Father, let all the years I have wasted during the time of ignorance, be restored to me divinely, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, even, in the midst of life's challenges, please, help me to overcome and fulfil my destiny.

7.Father, please, help me to use the little time I have on earth to serve your eternal purpose.

8.Father, please fill me with the wisdom to excel in life and ministry in Jesus’ name.

9.Father, go ahead of me and straighten every crooked path and grant me divine direction and wisdom to succeed, in all my life's endeavours.

10.Father, please, grant me the grace to do your perfect Will, in all situations and circumstances, for the rest of my life.

11.Your Personal petitions. (Phil 4:6)
12. In Jesus' name I pray. (Jn 15:16)
13.Thank you Father for answered prayers.(1 Thes 5:18).

(1) (Reply)

Who Was Ishtar, And Is There Any Connection Between Ishtar And Easter? / Check Out The Theme Of This Church Program. / Alleged Possessed Tree Refused To Go Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.