Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff (11063 Views)

President Buhari Will Not Resign – Femi Adesina / Breaking: Sack PDP Chairman Modu Sheriff Decamps To APC / How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by judecares1(m): 7:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
Former governor of Borno state, Senator Ali Modu Sherrif on Monday said he would not succumb to the widespread calls by some members of the party that he should resign his position while pleading with aggrieved members of the Peoples Democratic Party over his emergence as the national chairman of the party to shield their swords and work with him towards repositioning the party for a greater height.

Sheriff who made the statement after he formally took over as the chairman of the party, promised that he would work with all relevant organs of the party to ensure that the party conduct a credible congress and convention that would be a pride to all Nigerians.

However, he said he would not succumb to the widespread calls by some members of the party that he should resign his position, noting that doing so would not be in the interest of the party, especially members of the National Executive Committee who drafted him to reposition the party.

He was reacting to the call by the PDP Rescue Group whichon sundayafternoon called on him to resign his position as his emergence was not acceptable to the generality of the people.

According to the former governor of Borno state, his focus now is to ensure that the party was firmly put in the hands of the owners—the people at the grassroots, noting that the era of a few people dictating how the party should be run is over.

He acknowledged that the time ahead is testy but promised that he would deploy all resources at his disposal to ensure that all members of the party especially founding fathers, are brought back to the fold to make the party great again.

“The time ahead is certainly not going to be easy. We are aware of the high expectations from Nigerians for us to give the part a new focus. Our party is a party that has an avalanche of qualified people who can proffer solution to our problems. We accepted to serve not because we are the best, but because we have been identified to be capable of doing the task ahead.

“I will carry everybody along. I have come to form a partnership with party men and women. The wrangling that is going on is normal but we will overcome.i will contact everybody that matters in the party because we have the same goal which is rebuilding the party to its enviable height” he said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/i-will-not-resign-as-pdp-chair-modu-sheriff/

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Iamlordgee(m): 7:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ok
Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by kingofchess(m): 7:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
u better resign

5 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by judecares1(m): 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
U dey support am mk he resign?

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by seunmsg(m): 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
Dead politician leading a dead party. Who cares if you resign or not?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by judecares1(m): 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
seunmsg:
Dead politician leading a dead party. Who cares if you resign or not?
U sure say na died party?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Youngk(m): 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
just asked google if the word "resignation" exist in nigeria,and it said "tunder fire you for that stupid question"

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
Modu Sheriff has the support of 95% PDP supporters and loyalists. He should not be distracted by anybody or group.

PS: His tenure ends in 2018!!!....

9 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by seunmsg(m): 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
judecares1:

U sure say na died party?

Dead and buried.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by judecares1(m): 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Modu Sheriff has the support of 95% PDP supporters and loyalists. He should not be distracted by anybody or group.

PS: His tenure ends in 2018!!!....
Exactly Dats wat d party nids nw

5 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by judecares1(m): 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2016
seunmsg:

Dead and buried.
Wit d way APC are going wit their media propaganda

5 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2016
judecares1:

Exactly Dats wat d party nids nw
God bless you. I see potential in this guy(SAS) to right the wrongs in the party.

I trust him that he can't be bullied.... He's a strongman

6 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by judecares1(m): 7:54pm On Feb 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

God bless you. I see potential in this guy(SAS) to right the wrongs in the party.

I trust him that he can't be bullied.... He's a strongman
D APC led govt are afraid of him dat is y dey call him Boko haram sponsor

7 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Nairaland111(m): 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
Y must u resign b4? 4get Apc nd work 4 d growth of dis country

7 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
judecares1:
D APC led govt are afraid of him dat is y dey call Boko haram sponsor
It shall be well with you.... Amen

8 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by persius555(m): 8:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
I dont know of any nigerian politician who has willingly resigned his postion. All if them are power mongers. They hold on to power as if their life depends on it.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by judecares1(m): 8:08pm On Feb 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

It shall be well with you.... Amen
Amen ooooooooooooo nd wit ur spirit. D major problem wit Apc is dt dey are specialized in PHD. Pull him down. Trying 2 paint wat is white red wen is clear is white

6 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Lawsimon(m): 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2016
Fayose of the North

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Justicealh3(m): 8:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
See me, c trouble oooo, na u own the parrty This PDP members self. 16 + 6 =
Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Nairaland111(m): 8:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
Lawsimon:
Fayose of the North
Fayose na MTN everywhere u go

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by rusher14: 8:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
I think it is wrong to use such an atrocious appellation on anybody without facts.

However, if you've ever accused the president of being a financier of the Boko Haram group yet your conscience doesn't prick you as you support Sheriff, then its clear to say you are downright evil.

Now, I'm not saying Sheriff is a sponsor of those zombie wannabes, but he's been at the epicentre of their emergence by virtue of his old executive position.

Yet, I cannot begrudge Sheriff because even he has been at end of innuendos and malicious attacks, mostly unsubstantiated.

I think however, that the death knell has been rung and the funeral rites of PDP is being conducted.

Many are already throwing in their towels (no free money), whilst some are bracing for a monumental fallout. Either way, the future is bleak for PDP.

A new party would be formed towards 2017 in the hope to mimic APC. That we'll have to observe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by judecares1(m): 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
rusher14:
I think it is wrong to use such an atrocious appellation on anybody without facts.

However, if you've ever accused the president of being a financier of the Boko Haram group yet your conscience doesn't prick you as you support Sheriff, then its clear to say you are downright evil.

Now, I'm not saying Sheriff is a sponsor of those zombie wannabes, but he's been at the epicentre of their emergence by virtue of his old executive position.

Yet, I cannot begrudge Sheriff because even he has been at end of innuendos and malicious attacks, mostly unsubstantiated.

I think however, that the death knell has been rung and the funeral rites of PDP is being conducted.

Many are already throwing in their towels (no free money), whilst some are bracing for a monumental fallout. Either way, the future is bleak for PDP.

A new party would be formed towards 2017 in the hope to mimic APC. That we'll have to observe.

Bros u try wen u tak write dis tin wen nr correct

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by dridowu: 6:16am On Feb 23, 2016
As a ruling party, PDP fails to lead Nigeria to greatness. Now again as an opposition , their house has been shattered by appointing alleged boko haram sponsor as their new head. Nigerians want a vibrant opposition that will give current ruling party, APC a run for their money.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Raphael81(m): 6:27am On Feb 23, 2016
oga resign go and assist borno indigenes den come back and even be PDP president na
Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by SegunAdewole: 6:35am On Feb 23, 2016
Presidiot Buhari is the real bokoharam.

An attack against Boko haram is an attack against the north- Presidiot Mumuhamido Bokkohari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 23, 2016
undecided
Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Sunnycliff(m): 6:53am On Feb 23, 2016
We Nigerians will prefer to die in power rather than resigning.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Generalkorex(m): 6:53am On Feb 23, 2016
Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Segadem(m): 6:55am On Feb 23, 2016
ok
Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by Futbolpredikts: 6:55am On Feb 23, 2016
APC Don dey fear already..

2019 go badt gan

In other news, #FayoseVP2019

I'm futbolpredikts, General secretary, National Wailers' Association, FCT branch.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by tuoyoojo(m): 6:56am On Feb 23, 2016
ok

am sure dem import babalawo and mamalawo to come confuse the pdp people when pick this guy

is the guy the best they have to over

he has antecedent of cross carpeting from one party to another

pdp has lost its power of opposition, we need a new opposition party
Re: I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff by SoNature(m): 6:58am On Feb 23, 2016
persius555:
I dont know of any nigerian politician who has willingly resigned his postion. All if them are power mongers. They hold on to power as if their life depends on it.

Much as I won't call her a politician, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala resigned her job under Obasanjo

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Support One Nigeria But We Must Restructure - Orji Kalu / Herdsmen Killings: Our Children Being Wasted, Caged In IDP – Northern Women Cry / Buhari/APC: Your Problems Are Nepotism, Aborted Change, Not Order 06 - Ikhide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.