Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,708 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Malabu Scandal: Atiku, Abacha’s Family Behind My Ordeal – Former AG Adoke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malabu Scandal: Atiku, Abacha’s Family Behind My Ordeal – Former AG Adoke (656 Views)

Malabu Scandal: House Of Representative To Summon Goodluck Jonathan / We Will Remain Grateful To Abacha Family – Governor Dickson / U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malabu Scandal: Atiku, Abacha’s Family Behind My Ordeal – Former AG Adoke by LocalChamp: 11:29pm On Feb 22, 2016
Posted By: Seun Akioyeon: February 22, 2016
A former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke Bello, on Monday listed former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and agents to the family of the late dictator, Sani Abacha, as behind plots to humiliate him over the Malabu oil deal.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had re-opened investigations into what may pass as one of the biggest scandals in the nation’s oil and gas industry involving Malabu Oil and Gas limited, Shell Ultra Deep Nigeria Limited and the Federal Government regarding the operation and sale of Oil Prospecting License (OPL) 245.

OPL 245 is a potentially lucrative oil block estimated to hold up to 9.23 billion barrels of crude oil and about a quarter of Nigeria’s proven oil reserves.

It also has two deep water fields – Zabazaba and Etan – in the Gulf of Guinea.

In a letter dated December 31, 2015 and addressed to the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, the former AGF, who was invited by the EFCC on December 28, 2015, described the invitation by the anti-graft agency as “curious, unconventional and mischievous.”

Bello said since government is a continuum, all files relating to his conduct into the Malabu affairs was resident in the office of the AGF.

The ex-minister said he had contacted the current AGF and submitted a comprehensive position paper which explained his role in the deal.

He said he has since been informed of a grand plot by those with vested interests in the case to humiliate him.

“It was after this development that I was made to understand that there were plans by some individuals who had become aware that I would be honouring the invitation of the EFCC on December 28, 2015 to humiliate me.

“I was also informed that these individuals had enlisted a notorious online media (Sahara Reporters) to smear my name with allegations of corruption and bribery and that some agents of the Abacha family and one Lawal Abba acting for Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, a former vice president, were behind the scheme,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/malabu-atiku-abachas-family-behind-my-ordeal-adoke/
Re: Malabu Scandal: Atiku, Abacha’s Family Behind My Ordeal – Former AG Adoke by highpriest4: 12:06am On Feb 23, 2016
If you want old things to pass away and everything to became new, just

Blame Jonathan of one thing or the other
Re: Malabu Scandal: Atiku, Abacha’s Family Behind My Ordeal – Former AG Adoke by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 23, 2016
Really
Re: Malabu Scandal: Atiku, Abacha’s Family Behind My Ordeal – Former AG Adoke by Progressive01(m): 8:59am On Feb 23, 2016
I hope they reopen the case file of the deal this man made with A.A Rano using the land owned by NITEL pensioners some years ago.

Dude is a big crook.

How can you take sell a property held in trust by the FG to an individual at a paltry sum only to turn back and have the FG buy back the same property months later at over ten times the price they sold it??

Very big crook I say.

(1) (Reply)

Did Nigeria Fare Better Under The "Corrupt Administration?" / Where Is Opc.... / Breakimg News-bokoharm Landmines Kill 15 In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.