Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? (44752 Views)

Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. / Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World / Best Paying Company In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by uchetobi(f): 10:56am On Nov 22, 2006
Consultants do anything. Its called brain work. There is audit and tax unit. You need not know anything about accounting for those. You learn on the job, also you must compulsorily enroll for ican if you are in audit or tax. The company pays for your lectures and exams, then there is business advisory unit. Those one write business plan and do strategy e.g. if Seun contacts us now that he wants to take nairaland to the next level. We write a buz plan for him bench marking with other successful forums. Search on the net and make suggestions, make it detailed and commonsensical and charge him millions for it. Its really fun, you get to learn a lot, its just that sometimes the deadlines are choking. Another catch is that if the client really likes your work they can offer you something better and you cross over to work for them.

The entry level is 1.4 - 1.9 Million depending on the standing of the company.

1 Like

Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by BlackMamba(m): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2006
The "best" paying career is a "Politician". Don't tell me it's not a profession, because it is. Entry level positions are very hard to come by, like most high paying jobs. The downside is that there is no job security. But you can make all your career earning in one swoop, thanks to CORRUPTION.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2006
@uchetobi: thanks! kiss
@blackmamba: If you have to commit a crime to make money from a career, then it's not lucrative.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by uchetobi(f): 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2006
I concur Seun
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by BlackMamba(m): 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2006
@Admin,
Lucrative and profitable, it is. Illegal or unethical, is a different issue and that's if you're caught and prosecuted.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 11:51am On Nov 24, 2006
The so called 'business men' seem to make the most money smiley smiley
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by johhnnie(m): 5:52am On Jan 17, 2007
i'm a fresh garduate and i'm into consulting. i believe it is where the money. this happen only if u can understands needs/distances(socially,economically, physicaly and otherwise) bridge gaps and u will smile to the banks at your own pace. Imagine i got a contract to consult 4 a com. bank that needs the status of a microfinance instn of at least 100m capital base. if the deal sales through, 10 percent plus initial consulting fee of 200k of that is mine plus offer on the board and i only work at my pace.

brethren, as per the most lucrative profesion. realy i don't subscribe to any. i believe dt no profession can be more lucrative than the professional. it is what u put in that determines what u get. there poverty stricken well qualified doctors and there are pplpe that resigned from oil companies after discovering their talents nand there are also peasants that own and live in mansions. it is all a question of self. ur creativity/ingenuity. doing the ordinary thing the extra ordinary. if u want us to talk; call me on 080 30613239 OR 027502101. thank you.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2007
Any thing Info techy is good, plus, you can work anywhere. . . . . kiss
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Kashif(m): 10:46am On Mar 07, 2007
@johhnnie,

Na lie!! You just dey scope Nairalanders. You are not as 'cool' as you claim to be I bet. Think and tell us how much you are making monthly and how long that has been tongue tongue
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 8:06pm On May 21, 2007
If politics is a professional career, then it is the most highly paid one in Nigeria. But on a serious note, the guys in the computer world are raking in millions, closely followed by those in the legal profession.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by kenechi22(m): 4:43am On May 25, 2007
I am in the oil industry and my take home is between 350k & 430k. Please nobody should tell my boss because the information is very confidential

Why are u telling us u wan make we die u must have paid ur dues for u to be there.U didnt just start with that amonut as a beginner am sure of that.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2007
I am beginning to see that it doesn't matter anymore how good your job pays. It takes discipline and patience to be counted among those who are wealthy. So, if you want, play good offense without playing good defense, you will remain poorer than a street rat.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 8:04am On Jul 26, 2007
I am beginning to see that it doesn't matter anymore how good your job pays.
It takes discipline and patience to be counted among those who are wealthy.
I can't imagine how "discipline and patience" will make a 15,000 naira per month salary earner wealthy.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by obie3ce(m): 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2007
maybe the topic should have been best paying professional "job" in Nigeria and I'll subscribe to the oil industry closely matched with info tech jobs. u really have to equip yourself and with ingenuity and creativity you can peak in your field and have a professional career with best pay. cool aight
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 12:40am On Jul 27, 2007
When I started working, I was earning N12,000 monthly for 2 years. (That was in 2003). It was small, I know, for a graduate, but because my Dad taught me a few things about handling money, I didn't mind. I lived within and below my means, doing so much of savings and investment than spending. At the end of those 2 years, my net worth (as at 2005) was N923,015.23 exactly. I was not playing good offense, but I played good defense and see where it got me. Now, with my mentality, and my frugal nature, I can confidently forecast that by the time I am 40 years old, I will be wealthy in 100 million Naira percentile range, and by the time I am 65, will retire without worrying about being a bore on anybody. And certainly, the generation after me will follow in these steps because I will inculcate the culture of frugality in them.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by idojo1: 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2007
Yahoo boys nko?
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by babydon: 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2007
i think that it has to be petroleum and maybe telecommunication
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Pain(m): 3:14am On Nov 15, 2007
The Best Paying Profession is to be a "Hostage Negotiator" in the Niger Delta. Anyway, Jokes Apart. Consultancy in the Oil and Gas Sector is the Fattest Paying.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by creamdream: 7:14pm On Feb 07, 2008
edical and IT,
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Delta007(m): 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2008
Governor!
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 08, 2008
engineering is the most lucrative profession in naija. as for me it is either information technology(computer engineering) or chemical engineering. cool
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by dapsins69(m): 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2008
Am stil in sch.i av workd in a bank before n i no dats a wrong place to start your career but its a gud place to end.Graduates r advisd to start in pwc,kpmg,dafione,philip consultin n the likes.its the best way to be vast n be competent enough to work ANYWHERE with a fat pay.trust me,i no what i am saying.@lucifar fan,what tha**** do u think u r doin?
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Tantolu: 9:50pm On Feb 10, 2008
Guys, what about Pilots- 750k per month for an F/O(Co-pilot),1.2m for a Capt,and they fly just 3 times max a week, isnt that cool enough, forget about the risk,, risk is risk,

1 Like

Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by nkirupass(f): 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2008
Hello forum members,

I think it is entrepreneurship & Infomation Technology

thanks, Nkiruka
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Meristem: 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2008
Pastoring is very lucrative, and if you promote yourself to a bishop eh? na HAMMA!! cheesy
I am already warming up to dive into that honeypot business, my eye dey chuk, AMEN SOMEBODY? shocked shocked
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by chyk91(m): 8:34am On Dec 15, 2008
pilots i think are the highest earners in nigeria, the doctors dont earn that much, they are respected cos of what their profession entails.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2008
Consulting is where the money is now. Try Kpmg, Pwc, Accenture as a fresh graduate with 2.1 in any discipline. Earn bad mehn working with your brains
Cheers
Catch: long hours of work
shocked shocked u and i know we are/were there only to learn as fast as we can and 'bail out' (not cos of money)

im sure ure hopin to jump ship soon
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by slimfine(f): 2:55am On Dec 25, 2008
Doctors don't make much? that show how backward nigeria is.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by chyk91(m): 12:25am On Dec 26, 2008
doctors dont earn much in naija unfortunately.
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by proffmanue(m): 7:51am On Dec 26, 2008
I for one 'll go 4 politics, IT IS VERY LUCRATIVE b'cos THE ROI is VERY HIGH. peace
Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2008
i work with an oil drilling company as a mechanic whereas i read mechanical engineering . my take home pay for two weeks is 5081k(five hundred and eighty one thousand after tax) and yearly lump sum of 1.8 million, that excludes pay off if i decided to go electricians as same with me, drillers take home 800,000.00 every 2weeks, rig managers take home 1.2 million for 28 days, helpers (roustabouts) take home 180k every 2weeks, welders take home 320k every 2wks, mudman takes home 280k every 2wks,derickman takes home550k every 2weeks, rig floormen takes home 420 every 2wks.the least person on the rig takes home not less than 180k every 2wks. the drilling industry is the highest paying sector all over the world.although is risky and u find urself staying in the middle of the sea, swamp.or thick forest and out of contact with friends and folks untill ur time off.u are allowed to go home and spend 2wks. the job is hard but the pay makes sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? by struguru: 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2009
The oil and gas industry definitely offers the best pay for professionals. Those figures given by Obilizy are very accurate and even beyond that, with few years of experience, you can earn over N1m monthly plus all manner of freebies. Oil and gas companies (especially E&P) usually give a lot of bonuses. I know a staff of an E&P company who got over N20m annual bonus in 2007. Whats better is that there is so much room for career growth and the demand for professionals in the industry is very high hence, companies are ready to pay u a fortune when u are really good. Just imagine hw much a manager in such a company would be getting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Otorisirieze Obi-young Gets New Job After Sack / Cute Photos Of Nigerian Policemen And Policewomen At The Police Academy / Female Phone Repairer Spotted In Warri At Robertson Plaza (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.