Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Job Offer Dilemma - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Offer Dilemma (1417 Views)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Offer Dilemma by brighthp(m): 8:26am On Feb 23, 2016
WHAT SHOULD WE OFFER YOU FOR YOUR BASIC SALARY?

Pls my fellow nairalanders, how do sum1 answer that question above in an interview?
Re: Job Offer Dilemma by Melahou(m): 8:34am On Feb 23, 2016
tell them you are not concern about the basic salary but the gross salary

1 Like

Re: Job Offer Dilemma by Obeenah(m): 8:38am On Feb 23, 2016
brighthp:
WHAT SHOULD WE OFFER YOU FOR YOUR BASIC SALARY?

Pls my fellow nairalanders, how do sum1 answer that question above in an interview?

Primarily. You can answer in two distinct ways

1: you can say " I believe the company has an existing pay structure for this position hence I would like to know what the offer is"

2: Scenerio 2. If you have a job already and have your payslip to show.you can start with the above and let them know Ur expected increase. State it in % rather than actual amount.

3 Likes

Re: Job Offer Dilemma by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 9:52am On Feb 23, 2016
don't say anything o, just laughgrin and say...
i think i should be satisfied with whatever payment i'm being paid, i just hope its encouraging....
then, laugh againgrin

1 Like

Re: Job Offer Dilemma by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 23, 2016
Research on the average pay for that position else where and make that your expectancy.
Re: Job Offer Dilemma by vivie01(f): 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
B4 you go for an interview, do a research on the average pay for the position, also carry out a research on the company itself and the industry it belongs, if possible, have an idea whether the coy is just starting up or have being in existence for long and just have a rough estimate of the pay range (if forced to mention figure, i think you should mention figure).

I had similar experience some few weeks ago though i had to lower the figure compared to my last pay based on few things i mentioned above. But on general level, dont mention figure.
Re: Job Offer Dilemma by dedons: 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
Just tell the interviewer to pay you what he's been paid...
Then thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer Dilemma by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
vivie01:
B4 you go for an interview, do a research on the average pay for the position, also carry out a research on the company itself and the industry it belongs, if possible, have an idea whether the coy is just starting up or have being in existence for long and just have a rough estimate of the pay range (if forced to mention figure, i think you should mention figure).

I had similar experience some few weeks ago. I tried hard to dodge the question but d interviewer insisted I mention a figure which i did and he was satisfied and impressed about it - though i had to lower the figure compared to my last pay based on few things i mentioned above. But on general level, dont mention figure.
u said on a general level dont mention figure, but u were forced to give a figure, d truth is no matter ow u try to escape, d employer wil stil insist u give him figure, another idea is givin a moderate range forinstance btw N50k and N80k
Re: Job Offer Dilemma by vivie01(f): 3:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
Not all employers or interviewer will INSIST you give a figure. Read what was written well and understand my angle.

Positions and job expectations differs. You cannot just say 50k or 80k for all positions, its not going to kill if you go extra mile to have an idea of d pay range for the position you applied for - you dont want to sell yourself cheap (especially if you have experience) neither do you want to cut employer's throat wt ur outrageous figure (you may end up loosing the job due to high pricing).

(1) (Reply)

Job Opening At Proxynet Communications 2016 – Apply Now / Somotex / Dental Technologist Interns - (N623,056.00) – Per Annum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.