Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,387 members, 7,846,633 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria (705 Views)

Babangida: How Us Invited 12nothern Governors To Remove Jonathan. / List Of Buhari's 36 Ministers And Their Portfolios / President Buhari Meets The 36 State Governors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria by chichriso: 9:41am On Feb 23, 2016
Senator Ben Murray Bruce has asked President Buhari and the 36 state governors to do their holidays in Nigeria instead of going outside the country. According to him, this will help bring International focus to the various tourist attractions we have in Nigeria and in the long run help improve our economy. What he wrote on his Facebook wall below...

Nigeria's elected leaders are legally entitled to paid holiday and typically they take these holidays in exotic foreign holiday destinations. But the world is changing. Nigeria is changing. And as Nigerians, we have to adjust our behaviors so that they make economic sense in today's world.
Instead of vacationing overseas, why can't our leaders vacation at scenic and beautiful Nigerian locations such as Yankari Games Reserve in Bauchi, Obudu Cattle Ranch in Cross River or Mambilla Plateau in Taraba or even the Gashaka Gumti Games Reserve, also in Taraba? I have holidayed in these places and they are as beautiful as any holiday location anywhere in the world. Our economy is facing challenges. We need to be looking at non oil resources and tourism is one area we can make a honest buck. But which tourist would come to Nigeria if our own elite refuse to holiday here? Consider the history of The US and The UK.

Their leaders habitually spend their vacations within their nations. It is a rarity for them to holiday overseas. US President Barrack Obama recently returned from his vacation to Hawaii while British Prime Minister had his last vacation in Cornwall in The UK. Our leaders, be they the President or any of the 36 state governors, are the chief marketing officers for the nation and their states.

Their presence in a local holiday resort or attraction draws the attention of the world. Since they have such capital, should they not spend it in Nigeria rather than abroad? And it is not just leaders who should so act. All of us should begin to patronize local tourist attractions. Tourism fetches South Africa over $5 billion annually and $1 billion in Kenya. In Nigeria, tourism is so insignificant because we do not make enough efforts to attract tourists.

Our Naira is nose diving and the only way to salvage the situation is to‪#‎BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬.

My name is Ben Murray-Bruce and I just want to make ‪#‎Commonsense‬!

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/02/ben-murray-bruce-ask-buhari-36-state.html

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria by HungerBAD: 9:42am On Feb 23, 2016
Sensible statement and i agree with you totally.

But, how did a man this sensible end up in the PDP?this is sad, such a waste. Our lawmakers should not only vacation in Nigeria, but also patronize our local health services and products.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 10:03am On Feb 23, 2016
Tell them oh......in short all the political heads should do everything related to business & pleasure in nigeria shikena. dem no wan get#CommonSense
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria by dgr8truth(m): 10:46am On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria by Nijagobeta: 10:49am On Feb 23, 2016
I support the Nigeria oyibo man on This one.
If truely we are thinking Nigeria and buying Nigeria and on the move to safe naira, non of our public office holder should be encourage to have their vacation, medical or shopping abroad anymore.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria by Stalwert: 10:55am On Feb 23, 2016
While it is a good idea, why should is it that he keeps out his colleagues, lawmakers from the mix? Why is it he thinks only the executives should be leading by example? When will the legislators cut their salary? If I were him, I would start my grandstanding from the Senate by demanding an immediate cut in salaries and allowance immediately! They say charity begins from the senate/NA.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria by boujaye: 10:56am On Feb 23, 2016
HungerBAD:

But, how did a man this sensible end up in the PDP?this is sad, such a waste. Our lawmakers should not only vacation in Nigeria, but also patronize our local health services and products.

mugu, which party would he have ended? Aea Phi Cee? APC can come buy common sense for free form this man. Ifeanyi Uba has also offered to make 1$ = N200. But will APC ever drop her ego and embrace help,.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria by phemmyutd(m): 11:13am On Feb 23, 2016
Pls where currently is his Brother Gej is?? Where is Mr. Common Sense Children Schooled / Schooling?
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria by dunkem21(m): 11:35am On Feb 23, 2016
Common sense grin
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria by Keystonn: 11:38am On Feb 23, 2016
HungerBAD:

you lacks #common sense

Pls locate Ben Bruce immediately for your own portion of #commonsense
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Ask Buhari, 36 State Governors To Do Their Vacation In Nigeria by KINGwax007(m): 11:40am On Feb 23, 2016
dude, why didn't u print your book in Nigeria?
why didn't u allow it children to school in Nigeria?
fuckin hypocrite!!!

(1) (Reply)

Falana Asks Court To Bar Dollar As Legal Tender / Gutters Overflow, As It Rains Heavy For The First Time In 2016 In Delta Comunity / See Photos Of 4 Boko Haram Spies Arrested By The Nigerian Army In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.