Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,260 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Naira Depreciation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciation (591 Views)

Speculative Attacks Fuel Naira Depreciation / Naira Depreciation When The Currency Traded At 500 To A Dollar / Naira Depreciation: CBN Resumes Dollar Sales To Bdcs – Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naira Depreciation by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 23, 2016
Good morning everyone,

Please could someone kindly take their time to explain what exactly is going on, because quite frankly, I don't understand?
Why is the Naira depreciating on a DAILY basis? I'm not trying to bring politics into this, but, it wasn't this bad when Goodluck Jonathan was the President. Now, all of a sudden, we're experiencing this. Are there certain factors causing this? It has never been this bad, to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks in advance for you responses.
Re: Naira Depreciation by Elosky20: 10:06am On Feb 23, 2016
IamDelilah:
Good morning everyone,

Please could someone kindly take their time to explain what exactly is going on, because quite frankly, I don't understand?
Why is the Naira depreciating on a DAILY basis? I'm not trying to bring politics into this, but, it wasn't this bad when Goodluck Jonathan was the President. Now, all of a sudden, we're experiencing this. Are there certain factors causing this? It has never been this bad, to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks in advance for you responses.

we are experiencing scarcity of dollars due to the fall in oil price. then the cbn placed restriction on certain products u can get in nigeria. leaving the black market to determine xchange rate.

(1) (Reply)

Scrap Bdcs And Save Naira From Continued Devaluation / When One Head Is Better Than Two. / Outsourcing Janitorial Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.