Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) (21080 Views)

Nigerians React To Snake That Swallowed N36m In JAMB Office (Photos) / Snake Swallows N36m Cash In JAMB Office Makurdi, Benue State / Chaos In Lagos JAMB Office, Ikoyi As Candidates Struggle To Do Data Correction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Omololu007(m): 1:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
K
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Liljeez(m): 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
Imind:
what's ur flight, should dey shift d date or what. I said is Feb. 29
Actually its 27th
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by prisiluv(f): 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
Berrylite:
Op, you ought to have move closer to them and interview some of the protesters to make you post more meaningful.
My thoughts too.... he jst snapped without details and rushed down!!
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by lanetrips: 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
its sad.my niece has been weeping since she received her exam center.she registered in Ilorin but was surprised to find out that her center is Ife.Most are of frnds were taken as far as Abuja from Ilorin just to sit for the exams............

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by jmand(m): 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
OMG! What pull them as they reacting by this way? Anyway, wish them all the best.
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by bennaz(m): 1:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
They all want JAMB to extend its registration again that started in 31 August, 2015 to Feb. 2016. Unserious students!
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by bennaz(m): 1:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
They all want JAMB to extend its registration again that started in 31 August, 2015 to Feb. 2016. Unserious students!
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by cmon(m): 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
JAMB Reacts Following Protest Over Closure Of Registration Portal

The Joint Admission And Matriculation Board has stated that the protest by some prospective UTME candidates is uncalled for due to the fact that the board gave an ample opportunity and time (August, 2015 - February, 2016) for every interested candidate to be registered.

This was coming from the board's Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin in a statement released to newsmen.

He further stated that the boards can not afford to make registration a continuous process as it has a timetable to adhere to.

“It is most unfortunate that some candidates waited until our website was withdrawn before making attempts to register,” he stated.

On the issue of special centres, he mentioned that the board will not create any special centres for the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

He reaffirmed that the examination will commence on Monday February 29th, 2016 and will be conducted in over 500 centres in and outside the country.

Source: http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/43644/jamb-reacts-following-protest-over-closure-of-registration-portal.html
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Spymate: 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
cmon:
JAMB Reacts Following Protest Over Closure Of Registration Portal

The Joint Admission And Matriculation Board has stated that the protest by some prospective UTME candidates is uncalled for due to the fact that the board gave an ample opportunity and time (August, 2015 - February, 2016) for every interested candidate to be registered.

This was coming from the board's Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin in a statement released to newsmen.

He further stated that the boards can not afford to make registration a continuous process as it has a timetable to adhere to.

“It is most unfortunate that some candidates waited until our website was withdrawn before making attempts to register,” he stated.

On the issue of special centres, he mentioned that the board will not create any special centres for the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

He reaffirmed that the examination will commence on Monday February 29th, 2016 and will be conducted in over 500 centres in and outside the country.

Source: http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/43644/jamb-reacts-following-protest-over-closure-of-registration-portal.html
Dis should have be d original post
Details of why dy are protesting
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Oghumu1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
Jamb site has been down since, they probably came to reprint their jamb slipt not protesting.
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by dhabeautyjas(f): 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
I DON'T know why people like causing chaos. angry angry there was a dead line for registration, why did they wait till now before trying to register, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed they wanted special centers where they can do copy and paste. and these are the so called leaders of tomorrow, embarassed embarassed embarassed always wanting to cut corners.
i pray our education system is reformed, then the chaff will be separated from the wheat.
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Omoluabi16(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sugarhugs:
Weiten concern me. I be like jamb candidate
My princess, I've missed you.Nairaland banned me.
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by JACKSNOW(m): 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
Nawa o ...jamb lala
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by emecheboy2(m): 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
you just sit in your car and takes pictures and start misinforming the masses. my dear those students are at jamb office for there reprint if you know what i mean.
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Naff24(f): 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
JAMB and NYSC really needs to be scrapped....they r just........ undecided undecided
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 23, 2016
Omoluabi16:
My princess, I've missed you.Nairaland banned me.

Eyah, sorry but why did they ban you?
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by olaitan9291(m): 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2016
rahman3853:
This UTME should av been scraped long before now, seriously. I see no use of it.

please tell and give us reasons for scraping the body by the Nigeria government.
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Jaftee(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
People for Asaba no get shoe? that lady working around without a foot wear, i want to believe she is done with secondary school.
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by rahman3853(m): 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
olaitan9291:

please tell and give us reasons for scraping the body by the Nigeria government.
come on! Isn't it obvious, gone are the days admission was given on merit. Even if u got 399 in UTME u are nt assured yet ur desired course. U have post UME to do, some school also do verbal interview, so wat are we say, UTME does give u straight admission, infact there are cases where one fails UME cut off for desired course yet after post UME gets the course. So y still aving utme, let's just know we shall be doing post ume only.
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by dejibarbs: 6:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
I brefly heard dt some candidate ar on submitted registration an d exam start on saturday.
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Pascalberry(m): 7:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
Lolz. . .this is the fvking place i wr0te my jamb. . . Jamb officials nah craze men xha. . Me nd my frnds hear am dah day nii
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by solpat(m): 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
@ OP, its Okpanam Road not opannam
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Lecturebidz(m): 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
oppybouy:
Looool. How many times did you fail jamb? grin
gringringringringringrin LWKMD
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Omoluabi16(m): 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Eyah, sorry but why did they ban you?
I threatened to slap someone.
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Nobody: 5:35am On Feb 24, 2016
Omoluabi16:
I threatened to slap someone.

Kikikikiki *rofl*

Who did you threaten to slap ?
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Omoluabi16(m): 7:40am On Feb 24, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Kikikikiki *rofl*

Who did you threaten to slap ?
I'm not sure who it was.Like 2 or 3 people who I strongly disagreed with. I dey suspect those IPOB people.
Re: Ongoing Protest In Jamb Office In Asaba (live Pictures) by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 24, 2016
Omoluabi16:
I'm not sure who it was.Like 2 or 3 people who I strongly disagreed with. I dey suspect those IPOB people.

Lol I hear sorry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Festus Disappears With ATM Cards Of Madonna University Students / Students Writing Exams On The Floor In Gubi, Bauchi State / FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.