Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,484 members, 7,861,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

The Truth About Power, Forex And The Economy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Truth About Power, Forex And The Economy (477 Views)

Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? / 5 Simple Truth About Cement Business / What Exactly Will Go Wrong If The CBN Floods The Economy With Dollars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Power, Forex And The Economy by aloeman15(m): 10:22am On Feb 23, 2016
Clearly, essential items don't have access to forex. So who is the cbn selling dollars to? Read the excerpt below, culled from-

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/nobody-can-reverse-new-electricity-tariff-ex-nerc-boss/

Tougher times

Rather than getting some reprieves, Nigerians
have been, instead, urged to brace up for tougher
times due to the deterioration of power
equipment. Managing Director, Egbin Power Plc, Mr. Kola
Adesina, told Vanguard, weekend, that the
primary cause of generation drop was the failure
of machines and the inability to secure foreign
exchange, forex, to replace them. According to him, “the overall crisis that the
country is faced with is the exchange rate and
that has equally trickled to the power sector. But
that is not the primary cause; the primary cause
is the failure of machine. But to replace those
machines, you need forex and it is not available."
Re: The Truth About Power, Forex And The Economy by david22uu(m): 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
aloeman15:

Is it that banks are truly the ones now operating the black markets?! I thought they were supposed to be publishing their dollar sales lists- who's seen any recently?
Abi lalasticlala, what's happening?

I will be honest with you my brother, they have been publishing their list of recent but u know they stil slip some into the black market... Today the black market fell to 320 because of illicit flow which filled u the market.... the country is very corrupt
Re: The Truth About Power, Forex And The Economy by aloeman15(m): 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
I'm confused.
How can you be fighting corruption yet marketers will use you and do yeye?
Now you create artificial scarcity for whatever reasons, but you can't control your own market?!

So we've left oil cabal, it's now dollar cabal?
What now makes you different from jonathan?!
Re: The Truth About Power, Forex And The Economy by aloeman15(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
clueless jona couldn't fight oil cabal.
At least no be him start subsidy.

Buhari take ova, dem do am strong tin, take tel am 'kabo'.
Now, him don freeze dollar from evribodi hand, yet dollar cabal dey, don arrange full ground, no shakin....
Efcc sef no fit show for dia side.
Wetin we go com call d man?

(1) (Reply)

SUCCESS Is My Right / Marketing And Warehousing Structure Available For Partnership, Agency Or Distri / Stop Losing Your Hard Eaned Imformation Marketer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.